• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Oddities

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolts

I just started a new game of KH2 and I've just finished playing as Roxas. I was exploring the mansion and I saw some interesting things that may relate to the future of the series. First, what I found interesting was that in Namine's room if you look closely at her pictures you'll find some odd ones that are worth a few glances. One of them is the picture Roxas looks at when Namine says that he was best friends with Axel. In the front of the picture you can see the two of them, but in the background there are two other people. I don't know for sure who they are, but I think that one of them might be Xion since it makes sense that Namine might want to make him remember her from their interaction in the trailers. The other person may be Riku since he was kinda acting behind the scenes with Xion, but I'm not sure. Another picture I saw relating to Roxas was Axel standing in front of some kind of a doorway. I'm not really sure what this means, but it might be important.

Some more suprising things with that room is that first of all, when Namine's telling Roxas what happened to Sora, you can see her drawing castle oblivion. If you look on some pictures on the floor, it's Destiny Islands scenes with Namine replacing Kairi. This might mean that she's taking extra measures to make Sora remember Castle Oblivion, or they could just be there for an "oh, look at that!" moment.

Finally, the next things I noticed were in the room with Donald and Goofy sleeping in their pods. If you examine, the closer it gets to the room with Sora in it, the newer the pods get. The farther, it says the pods look old, and even "It looks like this pod has been used before!" If you think about it, this ties in with Birth by Sleep. For one thing, it was a little odd how Namine had a perfect memory restoring pod at the end of CoM, so it must have been used for something. And the name goes perfectly with the pods since you sleep to get your memories, and renewing them is something of a new birth. I also just looked up about the scene in FM where Xibgar says that the room of sleep may be connected to Castle Oblivion. This may be a long shot on my part, but the room that Sora goes to sleep in may be the room of awakening. I'm not exactly sure how a room he sleeps in can be the room of awakening so I might be wrong, but it may have had a different purpose in the past.
Anyways, this was just a few quick observations and a quicker theory from me that somehow grew into a wall of text.

Last edited:

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
I'd be surprised if anything in Namine's drawings had anything to do with Xion, but they are interesting to look at. (The other two Organization members are much more likely just there to create a sense of numbers. One of them seems to be folding his arms behind his back the way Xaldin does, but it's really impossible to say for sure.)

That said, I never really thought about that with the pods! :O I'm not sure how I missed that, but we never DO get an explanation for where the things came from (and what they were used for before, though there are Riku and Xion theories flying about on the subject). Since Sora went to sleep and there was a sort of rebirth that happened there, it seems impossible that this isn't somehow connected to Birth By Sleep; not to mention Riku had a similar opportunity, through both DiZ/creepy voice in CoM and Namine.

Seems like I heard somewhere that Xemnas was visiting the Room of Sleep (where Aqua's armor is), but I'm not sure how solid that is--but if that's the Room of Sleep, this could very well be the Room of Awakening, since Sora actually does wake up and Aqua may very well be sleeping.

Though I'm still kind of wondering how Namine was able to access the same room with the pod in both Castle Oblivion and Twilight Town. Pod moved, understood; but did the whole room move with it?

Axie

Xemnas has been to the room of sleep:
(YouTube - *VOICES* KH2 Final Mix: An Old Friend (English Subtitles))

He meets aqua's armour there. anyway... maybe Namine/DiZ/ Riku created anther room like that or somthing. and don't you think that Ven's amour would be in the Room of awakaning, considering Aqua's is in the room of sleep?

I'd heard conflicting rumors about this, as far as whether that was actually the room of awakening and whatnot.

We don't know enough about what happened to VAT to say whose armor is where, if there's even anyone besides Aqua with armor lying around. She may be the only one; we DO know Ven got absorbed into Sora or something because of Roxas, so he may not have any vestiges the way she does, and Terra might be Xehanort, soooo...

Last edited:

Jolts

use paragraphs please i cant even understand this wall of text(sorry dude)
Sorry about that, it's fixed now.

Though I'm still kind of wondering how Namine was able to access the same room with the pod in both Castle Oblivion and Twilight Town. Pod moved, understood; but did the whole room move with it?
I was going to put something about that but I decided not to. What I think is that somehow TT and Castle Oblivion are connected through that room somehow since they're both between light and darkness and TWTNW is in the same situation and is pretty close to TT. Either that or Diz managed to move the entire room somehow.

The Drawing where Axel was standing at the door represented him confronting Sora in CoM...
Maybe, but to me it seems more likely that it means something else because while Namine had some pictures of Sora's fake memories, there weren't any of what actually happened in the castle so it seems unlikely that she would go out of the way for just their confrontations. Plus it seems unlikely that a door would signify confrontations.

Xebrem

well, Technically TWTN is an 'in-between' wold, same as Castle Oblivian and Tranvers Town. so DiZ could of moved the whole room, or he could of made a replica of it.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
I had thought that the organization set up there new base in castle obilivion to perform test on memories. That they also created the pods(multiple pods) and used namines abilities on sora.

I also think that the room of awakening is in castle obilivion. It must be in a realm between dark and light because the room of sleep is in the world that never was.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
I guess that somewhat make sense.
I always thought that the pods in CO were the real ones and the ones in TT were replicas? But I guess that wouldn't make too much sense....

I never thought that the developers knew they were going to make more games.
It feels like they're taking anything they can from the already released games to continue the series instead of already have planned to make more.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Im a little iffy on the drawings in Namines room ;-;.. like tetraalmasy said, sometimes I think "surely they didnt have that planned for that" but you know that Nomu! Hes crafty!

Axie

Im a little iffy on the drawings in Namines room ;-;.. like tetraalmasy said, sometimes I think "surely they didnt have that planned for that" but you know that Nomu! Hes crafty!

More like contradictory. Namine wasn't supposed to have a connection to Kairi, but she did. A rather deep connection that can't be overlooked.

Maybe she'll manifest as a separate character down the line, but I'd be surprised.

Jolts

I guess that somewhat make sense.
I always thought that the pods in CO were the real ones and the ones in TT were replicas? But I guess that wouldn't make too much sense....

I never thought that the developers knew they were going to make more games.
It feels like they're taking anything they can from the already released games to continue the series instead of already have planned to make more.

You're right, on one of my other files I'll see if it says the same thing on the pods with Sora tomarrow.
About them taking anything away from the games, in my opinion it only feels that way with the original, and it can be explaned by it being an experiment whose success was unknown at that point. They probably knew from the sales of the last two games that people would buy sequels and threw some foreshadowing in.

More like contradictory. Namine wasn't supposed to have a connection to Kairi, but she did. A rather deep connection that can't be overlooked.

Maybe she'll manifest as a separate character down the line, but I'd be surprised.

It is one of the more tacked-on feeling parts, but it is implied in CoM that she has some relation to Kairi. I bet there's a more likely chance of Axel being Riku's nobody than Namine coming back as a seperate character. (And the chance of even that is zero.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back