• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Gold Eyed Person Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I would assume it is similar to the same reason why Xemnas was trying to get to the Chamber of Waking, but not.

OKAY. Dumping my random brain blast here.

So Xemnas would use the Chamber of Repose to sleep so he could try and find the Chamber of Waking, which is in the Land of Depature. We can assume LoD is sleeping while Castle Oblivion is the current world we see.

We've also seen Xemnas and A:SoD in the RoS. We know Xemnas would frequently access the Chamber of Repose.

Also, we see YMX/MF/whoevertheheckthisguyis in the RoS as well. What if MX is trying to access the Chamber of Waking. What if the Chamber of Waking is the Key to Sleep or whatever?
Genius! I theorized Land of Departure would be sleeping since a few months ago along with the fact he could be searching for the Chamber of Waking to find Ven to form the X-Blade again or something. But I couldn't find a sure reason how he would know about the Realm of Sleep, not to mention enter it. But your theory makes perfect sense and I would love to see that be confirmed!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You mean Ven's body commandeered by YMX?

Ven's heart is safe hidden within Sora's heart, so it could only be Ven's body that YMX/the MF is using.

Question would however be: For what? Xehanort has already Terra's body at his disposal and I don't think you need a body to be able to run around in the RoS.
Not to mention Ven's body in the Chamber of Waking should not be that easy to reach. You need Aqua to even find the chamber.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Calling it now, it's Venitas.

18:52 Professah so
18:52 Professah venitas
18:52 Professah is the only logical outcome
18:52 Professah because A)
18:52 Professah you have Vanitas in the DDD trailer
18:52 Professah B) Ventus will be saved
18:53 Professah C) There's plenty of time in which the two of them can be squashed together to make Venitas - because Ven will come to understand Vanitas' negativity (because Vanitas is really just his dark half) and they will unite to get rid of MX once and for all
18:54 Professah D) In that time, put MX to 'sleep' (IE KILL SPOCK hue) with the completed X-Blade and use the power of the X-Blade to open Kingdamu Hartsu and use its power to obtain all the powers MF used in BBS (plus other ones, probably)
18:54 Professah its only logical

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Okay, in relation to the time travel thing, it has happened in KH before. Anyone remember Timeless River? Pete cause that whole mess jsut by wishing to relive the past, and Merlin sent SDG to stop him from messing with the past. Who's to say MF didn't do something similar to Pete?

Also, I said something on the old thread about how MF's "time travel" could work. This is also coupled with why it would be canon for TAV to fight MF at the LoD. It's possible that the fight against TAV did happen, but not physically at the LoD. Rather, it could be that MF is fighting TAV in their dreams, and that the clock motive could be because dreams have a weird sense of time. The power MF exibits couild also be the result of fighting TAV in their dreams.

That way, MF could be a time-traveler without physically altering the events of BBS. Plus, it would save TAV an actual trip when they have more important stuff to worry about. I personally think that sleep is starting to be aligned with time travel, given that we're seeing all these different Mickeys from the past.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I think the Mysterious Figure is a shapeshifter.

KH:3D has Xehanort's Heartless, Xemnas, Vanitas, a young version of Master Xehanort, and possibly the Riku Replica. From my understanding, the main point of KH:3D is to train Sora and Riku to become certified Keyblade Masters. Their efforts in the Realm of Sleep presumably serve a meaningful function beyond just training, but it should be noted that their main reason for their journey in KH:3D is to prepare the Keyblade wielders for enemies they must face in the future. Yet, it seems a bit out of place for Sora and Riku to be facing such dangerous threats. They're essentially up against the league of ultimate KH villains, which seems a bit too much to be put up against without having properly concluded their training.

And the biggest issue is that not a single KH villain has an "apparent" reason for why they would appear in the Realm of Sleep. Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas were both eliminated in previous games. Yensid suggested that the two of them reunited upon their destruction, thus bringing about the return of Xehanort, so neither of those incarnations of Xehanort should exist separately anymore. Also, the young version of Master Xehanort is literally a thing of the past, since Master Xehanort aged into an old man. If Master Xehanort could reverse the aging process, his possession of Terra would have been pointless. It's unclear of what became of Vanitas and the Riku Replica once they were defeated, but their emergence in the Realm of Sleep would lack an obvious explanation as well.

(That is not to say that it is impossible for the real versions of these characters to exist in the Realm of Sleep, but their circumstances for appearing there would doubtlessly be very different and very complicated... and this series doesn't need anymore overly convoluted explanations.)

I think the Mysterious Figure is an unknown entity that exists beyond time. I think the aim of this timeless entity is to prepare Keyblade wielders for the very real challenges that they will face in the near or distant future. The Realm of Sleep presumably exists in a space between light and darkness, so perhaps this entity can only appear on neutral ground, which may be why it could briefly appear in the Land of Departure. I think the Mysterious Figure is using the forms of former villains to prepare Sora and Riku for their showdown with the real Xehanort and his dangerous allies.

Perhaps once Sora and Riku prove their strength at the end of the game, the Mysterious Figure might use its power over time to show them a vision of the original Keyblade War to warn them about the dangers that exist if the real Master Xehanort succeeds in his ambitions.

billyzanesucks

KH:3D has Xehanort's Heartless, Xemnas, Vanitas, a young version of Master Xehanort, and possibly the Riku Replica. From my understanding, the main point of KH:3D is to train Sora and Riku to become certified Keyblade Masters. Their efforts in the Realm of Sleep presumably serve a meaningful function beyond just training, but it should be noted that their main reason for their journey in KH:3D is to prepare the Keyblade wielders for enemies they must face in the future. Yet, it seems a bit out of place for Sora and Riku to be facing such dangerous threats. They're essentially up against the league of ultimate KH villains, which seems a bit too much to be put up against without having properly concluded their training.

And the biggest issue is that not a single KH villain has an "apparent" reason for why they would appear in the Realm of Sleep. Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas were both eliminated in previous games. Yensid suggested that the two of them reunited upon their destruction, thus bringing about the return of Xehanort, so neither of those incarnations of Xehanort should exist separately anymore. Also, the young version of Master Xehanort is literally a thing of the past, since Master Xehanort aged into an old man. If Master Xehanort could reverse the aging process, his possession of Terra would have been pointless. It's unclear of what became of Vanitas and the Riku Replica once they were defeated, but their emergence in the Realm of Sleep would lack an obvious explanation as well.
I'm sorry, but the explanation is very obvious to me. The realm is made of fallen worlds dreaming of the past. They could easily appear. It also explains why Xehanort, Sora, and Riku got younger (though I personally believe that there's a deeper explanation for Young Xehanort).
Plus, Nomura talked about Xehanort's multiple forms in relation to "What if what you faced was not just a single one of him?". The way he says it, it seems like they will actually face more than one form of him at the same time, or else it would hardly be more difficult to fight him if he was just one person changing forms.
Another thing Nomura said was that "Wherever he goes, people of the darkness appear, like Vanitas". It sounds much more like he's somehow summoning or calling these people.

Key of Valor

The Professor
billyzanesucks said:
I'm sorry, but the explanation is very obvious to me. The realm is made of fallen worlds dreaming of the past. They could easily appear. It also explains why Xehanort, Sora, and Riku got younger (though I personally believe that there's a deeper explanation for Young Xehanort).
Plus, Nomura talked about Xehanort's multiple forms in relation to "What if what you faced was not just a single one of him?". The way he says it, it seems like they will actually face more than one form of him at the same time, or else it would hardly be more difficult to fight him if he was just one person changing forms.
Another thing Nomura said was that "Wherever he goes, people of the darkness appear, like Vanitas". It sounds much more like he's somehow summoning or calling these people.

That sounds a bit too convoluted to me. There doesn't need to be a dozen varying explanations to explain something that could be explained with fewer explanations.

Even if Yensid's English dialogue wasn't mistranslated by the staff of monkeys working in Square Enix's localization department, I think Yensid was referring to the threat that would emerge in KH3, not KH:3D. The main reason KH:3D occurs is because Yensid wants to prepare Sora and Riku for the threat he detected at the end of Re:coded (the emergence of Xehanort and his unknown allies).

Nomura specifically says that characters of darkness appear wherever the Mysterious Figure goes. This possibly occurs because the Mysterious Figure might be transforming into those characters. The Mysterious Figure had the power to create multiple versions of itself in BBS, so it's possible that it could use this power to make the likeness of Vanitas appear alongside the likeness of a young version of Master Xehanort.

I think it's very odd that Nomura confirmed that the character in KH:3D and the Mysterious Figure are one in the same, yet he didn't confirm that the Mysterious Figure was Master Xehanort even though his appearance in KH:3D so obviously resembles a young version of Master Xehanort. Plus, Nomura said that the player will learn about who the Mysterious Figure is throughout KH:3D... but fans already know who Master Xehanort is, so this suggests to me that Master Xehanort is not the Mysterious Figure.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

(That is not to say that it is impossible for the real versions of these characters to exist in the Realm of Sleep, but their circumstances for appearing there would doubtlessly be very different and very complicated... and this series doesn't need anymore overly convoluted explanations.)

I think the Mysterious Figure is an unknown entity that exists beyond time. I think the aim of this timeless entity is to prepare Keyblade wielders for the very real challenges that they will face in the near or distant future. The Realm of Sleep presumably exists in a space between light and darkness, so perhaps this entity can only appear on neutral ground, which may be why it could briefly appear in the Land of Departure. I think the Mysterious Figure is using the forms of former villains to prepare Sora and Riku for their showdown with the real Xehanort and his dangerous allies.

Perhaps once Sora and Riku prove their strength at the end of the game, the Mysterious Figure might use its power over time to show them a vision of the original Keyblade War to warn them about the dangers that exist if the real Master Xehanort succeeds in his ambitions.

I love this it's simple and makes a lot of sense. Besides the idea is just epic. Make a thread so everyone can see this beauty

Flaming flame

Banned
So I guess this means there's gonna be a war between the gold eyed nobodies and the blue eyed ones.

The gold's side with Xehanort.

The blue's side with Sora and Co. or form an alliance of their own like in Castle Oblivion.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Please let this be canon. It makes sense of everything in a concise, appropriately climactic manner. I was thinking to myself that the MF was a shape shifter, but I'm moronic and didn't even consider the possibility that it would explain the appearance of Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Vanitas all at once.

Also;

I think it's very odd that Nomura confirmed that the character in KH:3D and the Mysterious Figure are one in the same, yet he didn't confirm that the Mysterious Figure was Master Xehanort even though his appearance in KH:3D so obviously resembles a young version of Master Xehanort.
Thank you! (I would add more exclamation points but I don't want to overly assert myself.)

Can you please go right ahead and draft the manuscript for KH3 while you're at it. You have my sword.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Thank you! (I would add more exclamation points but I don't want to overly assert myself.)

Can you please go right ahead and draft the manuscript for KH3 while you're at it. You have my sword.

this is something that also stuck out to me.

Something else was how and when he decided to release this information. i think it takes away from the "mystery" we would have uncovered ourselves. its almost like he has no idea how much commotionand speculation the MF created.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
this is something that also stuck out to me.

Something else was how and when he decided to release this information. i think it takes away from the "mystery" we would have uncovered ourselves. its almost like he has no idea how much commotionand speculation the MF created.
I don't think that's the case, though. He introduced the MF specifically to foster speculation. I seriously doubt he would devalue that effort with a reveal as obvious as this. That, coupled with the fact that he never specifically identifies Young Master Xehanort at any point is reason enough to consider that it might not be Young Master Xehanort we see in that screenshot.

Cue Chaser coming on and berating me about how it must be him because this that and the other. -headdesk-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back