• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KairiTheMang0

Awards
KH has really backed itself into a corner where it has this huge cast of characters where only a few of them can interact. I would say we all would like to see more of our favorites talk to each other, but we’re stuck in trips and if you’re not in a trio you’re forgettable. For instance most of the Organization. The Scientists, Dilan, and Aeleus are hardly used already, and I doubt they’ll be used in KH4 and onward. Which is sad if you’re a fan of Ienzo or Dilan because you don’t get to see them do anything. Sure Ienzo got to talk to Demyx briefly but what’s the point when it’s only one scene? Not to mention how underdeveloped so many characters are. Sure characters like Riku and Axel and Terra have had full character arcs but they also have that type of time, whereas characters like Hayner, Pence, and Olette only have little character traits.

This isn’t really shipping related however if we did want to tie it into shipping it means that a lot of characters either have no shipping potential (like Ienzo, who I’ve really only seen shipping with Demyx because they have that one scene together) or are completely shipping reliant to stay relevant (do I even need to say who I’m talking about?).

Kingdom Hearts is a series about friendship and the relationship characters have to each other but because of the idea of designated groups it’s really pushed a lot of great characters into the background and it’s just really sad.

SuperNova

Awards
Honestly with so many characters having so little development, it makes for prime real estate in terms of fan shipping. Reminds me of the fanbase in the early 2000s back when KH2 was the most recent game, and the organization lead to an entire fanclub of its own with how many pairings fans could get away with. It only got wilder with the release of 358/2 Days.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
*ahem* Kairi x Vanitas but it’s just Vanitas simping for Kairi Ala Jack Black Bowser
I've had a somewhat similar idea: A game set in between KH3 & MoM where Vanitas impersonates Sora (since most don't know his face) & tries to take Sora's spot on Destiny Islands. He's also the first to notice Kairi lost her PoH status after getting iced by MX (& thus no longer a pure light) & becomes a creepy af boyfriend trying to cultivate her heart's newfound darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kairi/Vanitas is my OTP. I love the dichotomy. It could be very Shadow & Bone if done right. But better because I hate how Shadow & Bone handled the Sun Summoner and Darkling relationship overall…

SuperNova

Awards
Vanitas/Kairi isn't a pairing I didn't think much of, but the potential they could have as Dark vs Light reflects much of what Sora and Vanitas are as "Brothers" but in a romantic sense. Sadly this crack pairing has more potential than Sora/Kairi has in canon imo :(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Vanitas/Kairi isn't a pairing I didn't think much of, but the potential they could have as Dark vs Light reflects much of what Sora and Vanitas are as "Brothers" but in a romantic sense. Sadly this crack pairing has more potential than Sora/Kairi has in canon imo :(
It’s also just so much more dynamic and interesting lol

Kairi having an antagonistic relationship with Vanitas over his callousness and also being a being of pure darkness contrasted to her being of pure light. The slow realization that even with their differences, they are both similar in having been housed in somebody’s heart, being a tool of Xehanort…And then there would be tension and palpable energy in their interactions.

Sonofjafar

Awards
It’s also just so much more dynamic and interesting lol

Kairi having an antagonistic relationship with Vanitas over his callousness and also being a being of pure darkness contrasted to her being of pure light. The slow realization that even with their differences, they are both similar in having been housed in somebody’s heart, being a tool of Xehanort…And then there would be tension and palpable energy in their interactions.
I saw a comic where Vanitas tells Kairi that having a heart of pure darkness is painful and he sees her as the closest thing he has to a light. Plus the idea of Vanitas secretly simping for someone who he’s supposed to hate would be both hilarious and interesting

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The signs were right in front of us:

MTzKk25.png

Back