• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

pastel.goblin

Awards
I thought he was just feeling Roxas' pain at what Naminé had to go through.
I guess it can be interpreted either way. Considering how feelings/memories work in KH and the whole "hurt" thing, I assumed it was meant to be literal. Either way it shows Roxas cares about Naminé beyond KH2.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
... huh? We playing the same game series?? DDD had Roxas sharing Naminé's pain with Sora, which he'd been holding on to. The very first time Roxas manifests through Sora in KH3 was not when seeing HPO, but when Sora looks at Naminé's window. Ienzo's secret reports state that for both Naminé and Roxas, their memories of digital Twilight Town were important in bringing them back, and a big part of Roxas' time there revolved around Naminé. Sora flat out states that Roxas misses her, which he would know more than Riku/Repliku's feelings about her.

Like, I get you prefer Rikunami and that's totally valid, but to say Roxas doesn't care about her is flat out false
Oops. I haven't played 3D in forever and I don't remember that Namine reference at all.

I'm not saying Roxas doesn't care about her, just that the amount of care/concern was greatly reduced after KH2. It was shifted more to Xion.

EDIT: Wait, the scene you're talking about is when Roxas shares his pain with Sora? I didn't know that was Namine's pain too, I thought it was just Roxas'. Did he actually say Namine's name or reference her?

astertide

Awards
I guess it can be interpreted either way. Considering how feelings/memories work in KH and the whole "hurt" thing, I assumed it was meant to be literal. Either way it shows Roxas cares about Naminé beyond KH2.

Ok... But why would Roxas feel Naminé's own pain in the first place?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I love how this was about Roxas ships but Naminè being the Queen that she is made it about her ships.

Amazing.

... huh? We playing the same game series?? DDD had Roxas sharing Naminé's pain with Sora, which he'd been holding on to. The very first time Roxas manifests through Sora in KH3 was not when seeing HPO, but when Sora looks at Naminé's window. Ienzo's secret reports state that for both Naminé and Roxas, their memories of digital Twilight Town were important in bringing them back, and a big part of Roxas' time there revolved around Naminé. Sora flat out states that Roxas misses her, which he would know more than Riku/Repliku's feelings about her.

Like, I get you prefer Rikunami and that's totally valid, but to say Roxas doesn't care about her is flat out false

I don't think people can read subtlety.

Or they rather not acknowledge.

20542ece-022e-4e1a-a048-a92f61c5c338.png

dd8f2ba0-8292-4cf1-ab82-459526583143.png

348e1ab9-18ab-438a-a69e-8be93f60b1d8.png

2b020de6-7eff-4477-9e18-389b0cb0b3dd.png

All of it is about KHII.

You gotta give this to the shippers - they are dedicated. On the other hand, geez, what kind of bad CGI mess...

I thought he was just feeling Roxas' pain at what Naminé had to go through.

I feel like that's a tomato tomahto thing. The overall take away was that Sora got to understand Naminè's pain thanks to/through Roxas, which Roxas himself didn't have to do. Remember, him and Naminè shared a similar fate, therefore share similar pain, and it's the reason of their connection in the first place.

The guy did her a solid.

Last edited:

astertide

Awards
Canon-wise I don't think Roxas is going to get a romantic partner :/

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
EDIT: Wait, the scene you're talking about is when Roxas shares his pain with Sora? I didn't know that was Namine's pain too, I thought it was just Roxas'. Did he actually say Namine's name or reference her?

Skip to 1:24.

In DDD there was no direct mention of her by name, but Sora here confirms it in KHIII.

Heck, since Nomura thinks we won't get it, they even do a flashback to it.

pastel.goblin

Awards
Did he actually say Namine's name or reference her?
Besides Naminé showing up in a lot of the memories during the transfer in DDD like shown above, in KH3 Sora specifically says to Naminé:

"You and Roxas can't tell me you're okay with this. I know how much you're hurting. I... felt that pain through Roxas." During the last sentence the flashback to DDD happens.
Idk how else you can interpret that other than Roxas had or was at least aware of Naminé's pain.

Ok... But why would Roxas feel Naminé's own pain in the first place?
Because he does care about her? Idk, how does any of the hurt and memory magic work. How/why was Naminé aware of everyone's hurt, including BBS trio?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not saying Roxas doesn't care about her, just that the amount of care/concern was greatly reduced after KH2. It was shifted more to Xion.

Any evidence or examples of this claim? Post-KHII, Roxas and Naminè were both inside different people. And you already have what's been shown to you in DDD and KHIII. I can't remember for the life of me how Xion was more on the forefront in comparison since they didn't talk or interact either.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Besides Naminé showing up in a lot of the memories during the transfer in DDD like shown above, in KH3 Sora specifically says to Naminé:

"You and Roxas can't tell me you're okay with this. I know how much you're hurting. I... felt that pain through Roxas." During the last sentence the flashback to DDD happens.
Idk how else you can interpret that other than Roxas had or was at least aware of Naminé's pain.

Because he does care about her? Idk, how does any of the hurt and memory magic work. How/why was Naminé aware of everyone's hurt, including BBS trio?
OK so I wasn't going crazy because I didn't remember Roxas mentioning Namine in 3D at all.

I remember what Sora said to Namine about feeling the pain through Roxas. I think he meant it more as he felt Roxas' pain of being trapped inside Sora, so he assumed that Namine must also be feeling that pain being trapped inside Kairi. Logically, there is no way for Roxas to even have knowledge of Namine's actual pain. She never transferred anything into him.

Also, just dialogue writing wise, I think Nomura name dropped Roxas there to set up Namine's whole "no one cares about me, everyone is focused on saving Roxas" monologue... to then set up Sora referencing his/her man Riku.

Any evidence or examples of this claim? Post-KHII, Roxas and Naminè were both inside different people. And you already have what's been shown to you in DDD and KHIII. I can't remember for the life of me how Xion was more on the forefront in comparison since they didn't talk or interact either.
If he cared so much about Namine, why didn't Roxas even ask about her in KH3 or ReMIND? Roxas came back to save who? Xion (and Axel). He didn't even wonder whether Namine was back since he got a body. He cried and got emotional with Xion and Axel.

Xion was more in the forefront of being "saved" than Namine, which we also see in KH3D. They literally swap out Namine for Xion in KH3D. Even Data-Namine brings up how Xion should be saved in Coded.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
OK so I wasn't going crazy because I didn't remember Roxas mentioning Namine in 3D at all.

I remember what Sora said to Namine about feeling the pain through Roxas. I think he meant it more as he felt Roxas' pain of being trapped inside Sora, so he assumed that Namine must also be feeling that pain being trapped inside Kairi. Logically, there is no way for Roxas to even have knowledge of Namine's actual pain. She never transferred anything into him.

Also, just dialogue writing wise, I think Nomura name dropped Roxas there to set up Namine's whole "no one cares about me, everyone is focused on saving Roxas" monologue... to then set up Sora referencing his/her man Riku.

Dude, they literally showed a flashback to that moment in DDD to get the point across. The DDD transfer shows her in the images. Sora outright states he felt her pain through Roxas. The game is legit handholding the audience about this. I know ignorance is bliss, but seriously, there's a limit xD.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Dude, they literally showed a flashback to that moment in DDD to get the point across. The DDD transfer shows her in the images. Sora outright states he felt her pain through Roxas. The game is legit handholding the audience about this. I know ignorance is bliss, but seriously, there's a limit xD.
Don't call me dumb.

The DDD transfer shows her in the images because those are ROXAS' MEMORIES, not hers. Why did Sora say "I felt that pain" and not "I felt YOUR pain", if they were "handholding" so much for idiots like me?

I stand by what I believe that statement was about: Sora felt ROXAS' PAIN in the transfer in 3D and assumed that Namine was feeling like that as well, since she's in a similar situation. I mean, you didn't even need to know Roxas' pain to know that they didn't like being trapped in Sora/Kairi, given the way KH2 ended.

astertide

Awards

Naminé was aware of everyone's hurt because she has power of memories of people connected to Sora. She can access some of those memories as through Sora... I think. Or maybe they're in Sora?? Maybe she could access Ventus but didn't realise that it was another heart at first?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This topic is for discussing any and all pairings in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Feel free to introduce yourself with your favorite ships!

Rules
  • Respect everybody's opinions and stay respectful to one another, please
  • No flaming or baiting allowed
  • No harassment
  • Spam, troll, and unrelated topics are not allowed in this discussion​
  • Discussion of pairings involving adult and underaged characters together are not allowed​
  • No NSFW discussion​

astertide

Awards
... Oh, right, we went quite a bit off track there.

... I'm a VanVen shipper and feeling guilty because of it. Because I mean, even if Vanitas is Darkness and not related in any way to Ventus at all, they DO refer to each other as brothers in canon.

pls no hate 😓

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
... Oh, right, we went quite a bit off track there.

... I'm a VanVen shipper and feeling guilty because of it. Because I mean, even if Vanitas is darkness and not related in any way to Ventus at all, they DO refer to each other as brothers in canon.

pls no hate 😓
I guess it depends on what Vanitas is? I think it's only weird in BbS era because Vanitas was somehow pulled out of Ven directly. In KH3, it's Vanitas' old heart in a replica so that doesn't make them brothers physically? KH really blurs the line on familial relationships...

astertide

Awards
I guess it depends on what Vanitas is? I think it's only weird in BbS era because Vanitas was somehow pulled out of Ven directly. In KH3, it's Vanitas' old heart in a replica so that doesn't make them brothers physically? KH really blurs the line on familial relationships...

I mean, Vanitas never technically had a body for all of BBS in the first place, so...

pastel.goblin

Awards
Naminé was aware of everyone's hurt because she has power of memories of people connected to Sora. She can access some of those memories as through Sora... I think. Or maybe they're in Sora?? Maybe she could access Ventus but didn't realise that it was another heart at first?
Oh true, that was dumb on my part aha. Somehow managed to forget she can reach beyond the ones directly connected to Sora 😅 As for why Roxas would have her pain, maybe she slipped it to him at some point, maybe being in contact their hearts connected and it happened accidentally. Idk, it wouldn't be the first or last thing to happen in this series without a clear explanation.

Either way lol, my point is that Roxas still cares about her, it's just more subtle. Considering how many non trio moments didn't happen in KH3 (Roxas/Riku confrontation, proper Roxas/Ven moment, Kairi/Naminé reunion etc.) I don't think them not interacting necessarily means that's the end of them, romantically or platonically. A lot of people thought Sokai was dropped after KH1 yet we got Re:Mind.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oh true, that was dumb on my part aha. Somehow managed to forget she can reach beyond the ones directly connected to Sora 😅 As for why Roxas would have her pain, maybe she slipped it to him at some point, maybe being in contact their hearts connected and it happened accidentally. Idk, it wouldn't be the first or last thing to happen in this series without a clear explanation.

Either way lol, my point is that Roxas still cares about her, it's just more subtle. Considering how many non trio moments didn't happen in KH3 (Roxas/Riku confrontation, proper Roxas/Ven moment, Kairi/Naminé reunion etc.) I don't think them not interacting necessarily means that's the end of them, romantically or platonically. A lot of people thought Sokai was dropped after KH1 yet we got Re:Mind.
Who thought SoKai was dropped after KH1?! I never understood how people came to that conclusion. KHCoM was basically confirming how important Kairi was to Sora (if he cared more about Riku, wouldn't Namine have written herself into his role?) Then in KH2, there were definite signs of SoKai especially the ending. The only thing I will say is that I think Kairi may have still been all-in for Sora post-KH2, but it's possible/believable that Sora became more attracted to Riku.

I'm not saying Roxas doesn't care about Namine. I just think that he doesn't care about her as much as Xion and Axel. I mean, people want to comment about how Roxas shouldn't be on the beach having fun because Riku's there and they never had closure. Did Roxas ever get closure with Namine manipulating him and honestly giving him an extremely messed up existence? I know she was forced to do it and/or she was doing it "for Sora", but still... what she did to Roxas is incredibly messed up - erase your previous life (which was already short), replace it with fake memories, then watch you think you're living a normal life only to find out that you're going to die in 7 days. How can Roxas date Namine after that?

Can we have a scene where all the characters actually talk about the messed up things they had to do and actually acknowledge it and heal from it? I mean, I like that Nomura has all the characters be friends/friendly, but I think to really give them growth it would be key to see them discuss these things. I would love to see Roxas/Namine getting along during the story, then something 3/4 of the way in prompts Roxas to bring this up and they actually talk about it as friends - it's a hard conversation, but something that will help them both grow as characters.

pastel.goblin

Awards
Who thought SoKai was dropped after KH1?! I never understood how people came to that conclusion. KHCoM was basically confirming how important Kairi was to Sora (if he cared more about Riku, wouldn't Namine have written herself into his role?) Then in KH2, there were definite signs of SoKai especially the ending. The only thing I will say is that I think Kairi may have still been all-in for Sora post-KH2, but it's possible/believable that Sora became more attracted to Riku.
I've seen it in various places, but yeah it doesn't make anymore sense than the people saying Sokai still isn't heavily implied or borderline canon.

I'm not saying Roxas doesn't care about Namine. I just think that he doesn't care about her as much as Xion and Axel. I mean, people want to comment about how Roxas shouldn't be on the beach having fun because Riku's there and they never had closure. Did Roxas ever get closure with Namine manipulating him and honestly giving him an extremely messed up existence? I know she was forced to do it and/or she was doing it "for Sora", but still... what she did to Roxas is incredibly messed up - erase your previous life (which was already short), replace it with fake memories, then watch you think you're living a normal life only to find out that you're going to die in 7 days. How can Roxas date Namine after that?
Well yeah obviously, trios get priority over any other friendships/connections. Naminé didn't give him a messed up existence? Maybe I'm just misremembering but I was always under the impression it was actually DiZ who gave him the fake memories with data. If it was Naminé, why would she have tried so hard to hack into the data to tell him the truth? She could've just implanted the truth directly into his memories. She didn't just watch him have a normal life either, she was trying to give him the truth he wanted and a chance to understand what was happening. Yes, she was leading him to return to Sora, but it was the same fate she was expecting for herself. All of Naminé's life it was hammered into her that Nobodies aren't meant to exist, and they could either fade into darkness or return to their others and become whole. At the end of KH2 they even talk about how she was wrong about the fading bit, but Roxas shows no signs of resenting her and they both make peace with their fate. Until it was somewhat retconned later on lol. And really, she was the one who kickstarted the whole saving everyone thing including Roxas, so even if you do place the blame on her she took steps to fix her mistakes again. If Saix can decide to atone off screen and be accepted by the group he bullied and antagonised for a year, I think Naminé's earnt forgiveness too.

Can we have a scene where all the characters actually talk about the messed up things they had to do and actually acknowledge it and heal from it? I mean, I like that Nomura has all the characters be friends/friendly, but I think to really give them growth it would be key to see them discuss these things. I would love to see Roxas/Namine getting along during the story, then something 3/4 of the way in prompts Roxas to bring this up and they actually talk about it as friends - it's a hard conversation, but something that will help them both grow as characters.
I'd be all for that~

Back