• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku is 16.
Isn't he 17? He's 15 in KH1, 16 in KH2, and though the gap to KH3 is less than a year I sort of assumed Sora turned 16 and Riku turned 17. Assuming they follow a normal solar calendar (which is... certainly a concept), Sora's birthday is in March, Sora is 15 in KH2, and HPO are on summer vacation in Twilight Town in KH3... does that mean... shit, are HPO still on the same summer vacation as in KH2? o_O time does not make sense in this series lol. Yea I guess in KH3 Sora is still 15 and Riku's probably still 16, though we don't know when Riku's birthday is.

In either case, in present time (i.e., ReMind/Melody of Memory), a year has passed so everyone is a year older anyway

Also, never really considered Riku/Aqua, but I kinda love it tbh

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Isn't he 17? He's 15 in KH1, 16 in KH2, and though the gap to KH3 is less than a year I sort of assumed Sora turned 16 and Riku turned 17. Assuming they follow a normal solar calendar (which is... certainly a concept), Sora's birthday is in March, Sora is 15 in KH2, and HPO are on summer vacation in Twilight Town in KH3... does that mean... shit, are HPO still on the same summer vacation as in KH2? o_O time does not make sense in this series lol. Yea I guess in KH3 Sora is still 15 and Riku's probably still 16, though we don't know when Riku's birthday is.

In either case, in present time (i.e., ReMind/Melody of Memory), a year has passed so everyone is a year older anyway

Riku is 18 in limit cut and MoM, I think.
yeah it’s not that easy to break down and it’s mostly Nomura’s fault for not giving the KH universe a cohesive time flow, but yeah it’s the same summer break pfft. That’s why HPO are like confused that Sora’s like it’s been forever since he’s seen them. Really it had only been a few weeks (Twilight Town sure did undergo a lot of change in such a short amount of time)

Riku would be 17 in Remind, no older than 18, but Aqua would also be like no older than what? 21 in that case xD

It’s confusing and I wish Nomura would just give ages for everybody.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I always thought Riku and Aqua would be interesting together seeing as he was a character closely aligned with darkness and she with light. Terra is the same thing--he is pretty much a Riku knockoff, after all--and I find him much less interesting than Riku. I think it's because his storyline is very... I don't know the right word. Hamfisted? There's no subtlety to it at all, and it makes Terra out to be really dumb to have easily believed the things he did.

That said, I think if Aqua ends up in any relationship in canon, it'll probably be with Terra. TAV's dynamic has always felt like parents with a child (Ven), imo anyway.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I always thought Riku and Aqua would be interesting together seeing as he was a character closely aligned with darkness and she with light. Terra is the same thing--he is pretty much a Riku knockoff, after all--and I find him much less interesting than Riku. I think it's because his storyline is very... I don't know the right word. Hamfisted? There's no subtlety to it at all, and it makes Terra out to be really dumb to have easily believed the things he did.

That said, I think if Aqua ends up in any relationship in canon, it'll probably be with Terra. TAV's dynamic has always felt like parents with a child (Ven), imo anyway.
Aqua is attracted to idiots and princesses. For example, Terra is an idiot, Zack is an idiot, and Cinderella is a princess. Riku is too smart (and gay) for Aqua to be into haha

palizinhas

Awards
Honestly the mere idea of Aqua and Riku trying to flirt with each other makes me laugh. We're talking about the two who get visibly confused when someone flirts with them (Zack/Shiki). The two of them together would be hilarious.

I don't think it would be a possibility though - Aqua sees Ven as a child despite only being two years older than him, and she probably will always see Riku as that 5 year old she met.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just to play the other side here… I think it could be a sign of further emotional growth for Aqua as a character if she took a little less personal responsibility for other peoples’ well-being as a weight to slog around on her shoulders, easing into a more hands-off role. She could relax into a relationship with someone genuinely stable and independent, giving her the breathing room to focus a little more on herself. Something similar could be said of Riku 😛 Two reserved introverts is always an interesting mix, though admittedly could lack the chemistry found in more typical “polarity” couples. But also double luscious silvery-blue hair fever. C’mon

Last edited:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not avidly against the pairing, but it's gotta be weird to meet a boy when they're like, five, then date them when they're older but you haven't physically changed lol
I won’t deny it, it is bizarre. But what in Kingdom Hearts isn’t 😅

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'm not avidly against the pairing, but it's gotta be weird to meet a boy when they're like, five, then date them when they're older but you haven't physically changed lol

This. So many manga and anime do this and its far from cute. I'm holding my tongue from being brutally honest, but you know gotta be respectful and all.

pastel.goblin

Awards
I won’t deny it, it is bizarre. But what in Kingdom Hearts isn’t 😅
Ain't that the truth haha.
This. So many manga and anime do this and its far from cute. I'm holding my tongue from being brutally honest, but you know gotta be respectful and all.
Oof yeah. I'm so glad I never got into
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I would've been heart broken to invest the time and end up with... that.

Elysium

Awards
To me, it would only be weird if it's something like Sesshomaru x Rin. That's just creepy to me because he knew her extensively while she was a child--was possibly in love with her then? I always assumed it was a case of a child breaking down the barriers of a cold man's heart and slowly turning him into a better person, not some kind of long-term romantic relationship.

In comparison, Aqua sees Riku once, never gave him much thought at the time, didn't think about him much later. The Riku she meets later might as well be someone she's never even met before for all she knows him.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Nah I just have a low tolerance for stuff like that. I’ve seen it too many times in fictional media and real life to the point that I don’t care for the exceptions.
Aqua interacted with young Riku and Sora and the prospect of her ending up with either is…holds tongue….w e i r d.

Elysium

Awards
Well, I was more talking about shipping, which is always going to be separate from canon in relation to KH other than SoKai. I think it's likely Terra will be her canon love interest and 70% chance she is never paired officially with anyone. You have a right to feel it's...uh, pedophilia or whatever, but as for me, I'll file that line of thought right next to "NaminexRoxas is incest" logic.

LoneFox

Awards
HPO are on summer vacation in Twilight Town in KH3... does that mean... shit, are HPO still on the same summer vacation as in KH2?
No, because it was the last week of that vacation in KH2. It must have been at least 9.5 months from the beginning of KH2 to Sora's arrival in KH3.

time does not make sense in this series lol.
Except when it does! :)

I think we can assume that time goes roughly at the same rate in most of the worlds (Wonderland of course is an exception), because if it wasn't so, we should have seen more consequences of that by now. But the seasons are not in sync between them. Roxas existed separate from Sora for exactly one year. The end of that period is at the end of summer holiday (mid-August, assuming normal school year), so the beginning of it must be at the same time a year earlier. But a short time before that, Jack Skellington and his friends were preparing for Halloween, so it probably was October in their world. Also, in KH3, Arendelle seems to be at least a month behind Twilight Town and Kingdom of Corona.

It does make some sense, mainly because they are the leaders of this generation of keyblade wielders, and therefore will need to work together in the future. But Riku already has Naminé, and so far Aqua hasn't shown any interest in men at all...

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I had to look this up, and yea major yikes. In my defense, I did not know that was a common anime/manga trope.

In this situation though, I still err more toward Elysium’s perspective; Aqua and Riku are basically just acquainting as adults. Can see the potential for discomfort, though. It’ll definitely never happen, anyway.

No, because it was the last week of that vacation in KH2. It must have been at least 9.5 months from the beginning of KH2 to Sora's arrival in KH3.
😵‍💫 now you’ve got me double confused. I know it was the last week of vacation in Data TT, but was real-world TT running on the same timeline? I don’t think real HPO ever indicate that they’re near the end of their vacation, though I could be wrong. I do see the potential for the scenario you’re describing though and it *would* make more sense in some ways. But HPO in KH3 acted like they had just seen Sora, which makes a 9-10 month gap seem unrealistic.

LoneFox

Awards
I know it was the last week of vacation in Data TT, but was real-world TT running on the same timeline?
You have a point, they don't necessarily need to be the same. But I don't see any reason why they would be different either.

The question is, is it possible for all of KH2 + Coded + DDD + Olympus in KH3 to happen within the time of the summer vacation? For comparison, we know (from Roxas's diary in Days) that the endgame of KH1 from Sora stabbing himself to his arrival at Castle Oblivion took at least 23 days. Also, how long is the summer vacation? It is about 2.5 months in my home country, but how long it is in Japan, as that's what they would use in the game?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You have a point, they don't necessarily need to be the same. But I don't see any reason why they would be different either.

The question is, is it possible for all of KH2 + Coded + DDD + Olympus in KH3 to happen within the time of the summer vacation? For comparison, we know (from Roxas's diary in Days) that the endgame of KH1 from Sora stabbing himself to his arrival at Castle Oblivion took at least 23 days. Also, how long is the summer vacation? It is about 2.5 months in my home country, but how long it is in Japan, as that's what they would use in the game?
Twilight Town is based on French aesthetics, so they aren’t using Japan as a template here at all. Summer vacation in Japan is a little over a month. In France, it is about 8 weeks, so about 2 months.

Keep in mind Kairi was still going to school on DI, which shows the difference in cultural influences and time flow.

KH3 SHOULDN’T take place a few weeks after KH2, but it most absolutely does and es for Twilight Town’s residents. A rough timeline is KH2 covers a few months (but Twilight Town’s time flow is slow so not that much time is passing), then coded is a week, KH3D is maaaaybe a week, then KH3 starts up which happens to be still during summer vacation in Twilight Town.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Twilight Town’s time flow is slow so not that much time is passing
This could actually be the central puzzle piece, especially given the revelation in Dark Road that time flows differently in each world. For all we know, 1 week in Twilight Town or Disney Castle is months in Destiny Islands. Maybe that’s why Sora’s confused about how much time has passed? Just spitballing. Though a timeflow difference that significant could throw a lot of things into chaos across the series, lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This could actually be the central puzzle piece, especially given the revelation in Dark Road that time flows differently in each world. For all we know, 1 week in Twilight Town or Disney Castle is months in Destiny Islands. Maybe that’s why Sora’s confused about how much time has passed? Just spitballing. Though a timeflow difference that significant could throw a lot of things into chaos across the series, lol
Yep, but also it just means Nomura can move the timeline forward at whatever pace he wants and doesn’t have to answer questions about aging or anything xD

Back