• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Swap Magic KH2FM+ and JP ReCoM Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
STICKY THIS THREAD

So, people have been asking about Swap Magic and KH2FM+. So, heres a full-fledged guide on it. You can comment in this thread, ask questions, anything pretaining to the Swap Magic or KH2FM+/ReCoM(JP).​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap Magic 3 has better compatibility, and supports all PS2 models, including PSTwo SCPH-70000. Swap Magic 3 allows you to boot up your own application or game software CDs and DVDs on your PS2 console. Swap Magic 3 MUST be used with easy no-soldier mod-chip -OR- Slide Tool / Flip Top Cover. Swap Magic 3 is the perfect solution for playing backups. Avoid dangerous modifications to your game console! Don't wait for the latest PS2 games to be released in your country! You only have to swap the disc ONCE even with DVD games! Easy operation![/FONT]
  • No modification on your Playstation 2 console. It does not void your warranty. Easy installation Better Compatibility It can launch program from memory card. Supports all PS2 Models including the latest one: SCPH-70000 Enables playing play CD/DVD import and backup on PS2
  • Must work together with non solder mod-chip, Slide Tool or Flip Top Cover.
Swap-Magic-Coder-NTSC-US-Version.JPG

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CODER is a new member of Swap Magic's family[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Supports Action Replay codes for enhanced game play[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Add and save new codes for latest games[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preloaded over 1000 games and 17000 cheats[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enable playing of import/backup games on PS2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Different Region of Swap Magic Coder[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Swap-Magic-Coder-Japan-Version-150.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap Magic Coder Japan Version[/FONT]
Swap-Magic-Coder-PAL-Version-150.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap Magic Coder PAL Version[/FONT]
Swap-Magic-Coder-NTSC-US-Version-150.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap Magic Coder NTSC US Versoin[/FONT]

Swap-Magic-3-6-Plus-NTSC-US-Version.JPG

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap Magic 3.6 plus[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It can launch program from memory card[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Support all PS2 Models including the latest one: SCPH-7000*[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enable to play CD/DVD import and backup on PS2[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Must work together with no solder mod-chip, Slide Tool or Flip Top Cover [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Different Region of Swap Magic 3.6 plus[/FONT]
Swap-Magic-3-6-Plus-Japan-Version-150.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap Magic 3.6 Japan Version[/FONT]
Swap-Magic-3-6-Plus-PAL-Version-150.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap Magic 3.6 PAL Version[/FONT]
Swap-Magic-3-6-Plus-NTSC-US-Version-150.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap Magic 3.6 NTSC US Version[/FONT]

INSTALLATION GUIDE AND STUFF

Different region of PS2 need different version of Swap Magic 3.
serial_ps2.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The above information could be found on the PS2 console. Please identify your region (NTSC / PAL) before buying Swap Magic 3. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Due to the main function of Swap Magic 3 is booting up your Playstation 2 console. And then you can change your backup / import game discs for playing, therefore you may need some tools to help you to open up your CD tray of your console. [/FONT]You should buy:

or

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If your PS2 is in slim model:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SCPH-70000 (Japan)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SCPH-70002[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SCPH-70003 (UK)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SCPH-70004 (Europe)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SCPH-70011 (North America)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SCPH-70012 (USA)[/FONT]​

You should buy:

or

Swap Magic 3 has been designed with one purpose in mind - booting backups/import games. In the Swap Magic 3.6 Plus package, there are two discs. One disc is for booting CD-R games, and another is for booting DVD-R games.
In short, the procedure for booting a backup with Swap Magic is like this:

1-Swap-Magic-3-Start-150.jpg
2-Swap-Magic-3-Load-150.jpg
3-Swap-Magic-3-Swap-150.jpg
4-Swap-Magic-3-Play-150.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Insert disc[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Load Programme[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swap your disc[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Play game[/FONT]​
1. Insert a Swap Magic 3 Disc in your PlayStation2 (CD is for booting CD backups/import games. DVD version is for booting DVD backups/import games)
2. When there are two options (Load Program and Video Mode) on the screen, that is the time to swap the disc. ** [ you need to install the tools ( eg. magic switch, fliptop , slide tools ) to enable the console not to reset while swaping the disc ]
3. Insert your CD or DVD backup
4. Use Flip Top Cover or Slide-Tool to put the CD tray back
5. Press X on joy pad and the game will start

I cant really extend this on the cause of the image limit. Hope this helped.​

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
You're an attention whore Rag xD. This is a good idea for a thread though. I think this will cut down on so many threads about the same thing.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
I have a question: What's a non-solder, mod chip, Slide Chip, or Flip Top Cover?
I'd like to get that, though.

They are the most important part of the Swap Magic. When installed, i beileve they dont allow the PS2 to read the region of the game, something like that.

Qarx

They are the most important part of the Swap Magic. When installed, i beileve they dont allow the PS2 to read the region of the game, something like that.

Oh. Does that mean if I want to play import games, along with non-imports, I'd have to get the Japanese and American Swap Magics?
Would I need a second memory card for safty reasons?
And is PAL the european version?

Malevolence

Raw Life
Oh. Does that mean if I want to play import games, along with non-imports, I'd have to get the Japanese and American Swap Magics?
Would I need a second memory card for safty reasons?
And is PAL the european version?

1. No, all you need is an American SM to play Import games (like KH2 FM+)
2. No, Swap magic wont effect your system or memory. That is unless you break your PS2 trying to make it work.
3. I'm not sure, I never looked into the PAL version. But I dont think so.

tdc456

I have had several friends all use SwapMagic on their PS2s and all of them were unusable within a month or two.
So yes SwapMagic does actually affect your system. (if you do it wrong or overuse it because they all did)
I was over at one of their houses when they were actually installing it and it broke the instant he tried to play the import game.
Although there have been many cases where it doesn't ever do anything wrong.
I think my friends are just retarded.

Qarx

I have had several friends all use SwapMagic on their PS2s and all of them were unusable within a month or two.
So yes SwapMagic does actually affect your system. (if you do it wrong or overuse it because they all did)
I was over at one of their houses when they were actually installing it and it broke the instant he tried to play the import game.

Does that mean if you switch between import and non-import a lot it'll break? Do you have to use it every time you want to play the imported game?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

Ive been using SM for almost a year and a half now. Nothing has happened to my PS2.

Blue

home is where the heart is
Same here. I installed the Swap Magic in my PS2 for more than a year now and nothing ever happened.

Qarx

Ive been using SM for almost a year and a half now. Nothing has happened to my PS2.

That's reassuring.

(I have a Slimline PS2) What's the difference between Slim Cover and Magic Switch? I mean what's the difference in using them? Is one more reliable, or is there a personal preference between them?

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
A few months ago my SM seemed to just stop working. I can't play my backups or KH2FM which I bought. I dont know what happened. Not that worried about it. Just kind of sucks. No matter what disc I put in it says that its an unrecognized format.

Blue

home is where the heart is
A few months ago my SM seemed to just stop working. I can't play my backups or KH2FM which I bought. I dont know what happened. Not that worried about it. Just kind of sucks. No matter what disc I put in it says that its an unrecognized format.

Oh really? That sucks. Can you still play DVDs with it?

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
3. I'm not sure, I never looked into the PAL version. But I dont think so.

PAL is the European format, yes.

This is probably the reason.

But you have to keep in mind that Swap Magic isn't really the safest thing to use, nor is it officially endorsed by Sony or anything (as far as I know, at least). So I wouldn't be surprised if it messes up here and there.

(I have a Slimline PS2) What's the difference between Slim Cover and Magic Switch? I mean what's the difference in using them? Is one more reliable, or is there a personal preference between them?

You can use either one, but the Slim Cover does look a lot more simple to use.

Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site

You can read it up here, under "Before start using Swap Magic 3", that should clear up what you need to look out for and which PS2 model you need to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back