• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

OH MY GOD!!! IF you live in Southern Cali did you feel that quake!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Good vibrations?

Hah, I'm in the center of the US, nothing here, obviously.

.. until New Madrid finally decides to open up again and produce the Midwest's version of the big one (either a 7 or 8. something, ala 1811/ 1812).. It's supposedly long overdue to.

Oh, and yeah.. I've obviously felt nothing, meaning I've still never experienced an earthquake, even when we had that one lots of people in Illinois (where it was centered) and parts of Indiana. I still hope everyone's okay though.

Shade737

Silver Member
As strange as it is I always wanted to feel a earthquake. My area has none.

C

Charlie

It basically feels like an invisible fat man shaking your bed.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
You know what the benefit of living on a continent that's in the centre of a tectonic plate is? Piss all earthquakes.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Hah, I'm in the center of the US, nothing here, obviously.
I'm with you bro. Northeast is earthquake free. Earthquakes like those though can cause alot of damage to dense populated areas around here like NYC. Not earthquake prepared and stuff. The odds are really low though.

D

Deleted member 36435

If you like being thrown around with a sense of helplessness while you have no idea if you're going to make it out or not.
It's as if everything around you is being destroyed.

Of course that is for a big one.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Lol, I can't wait to go to Florida one day to visit Disney World. We're supposed to go next year. xD

The only fun part is when it's over. If it wasn't a bad one. Once everyone calms down (because there is always aftershocks minutes after the quake) Then everyone calls each other (once the phone lines come back up, it depends on how much shaking there was) and it makes for interesting conversation the next day. Everyone always has a story about where they were at the time of the quake, and how scared they were.

The news people always like to take a moment of silence for all of the liquor that gets smashed during a quake at the grocery stores. This morning one of them did a moment for a plasma television that got smashed. People always send in their pictures of the aftermath of the quake. I love the humor a quake produces. We can all laugh about it once it's over. It sure can make for some fun times; as long as the quake wasn't too serious. :lol:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The aftermath of an earthquake is the best if only it was a small one. Everyone and their cat is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, jabbering about if they felt it. Well, the fuck did we feel it if you are screaming about it. Truthfully, earthquakes are neither fun or scary when small. Its just weird. You either completely feel it, kinda felt it, or missed it entirely. Its overrated in the long run.

Snovex

Man I wish I could feel a quake what was it like? I've only seen it in movies and even then I don't know if thats true or not.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
The ground shakes, the house moves (or the building if you're in one), and (if the quake is hard enough) stuff can fall over. Sometimes that's really dangerous because if you're sitting by a stand with a vase or a lantern and a quake starts, you need to move as quickly as possible. You don't want to get hurt. Also during the quake you hear a rumbling sound. If it's a strong quake the sound will be incredibly loud and you will feel a very hard jolt. You have stand in a doorway or get under a table for cover and hold on, because everything is moving.

Does that explain it at all? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back