• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Once Upon A Time - "The evilest heart of all"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You know what the directors should do for this show, have San Fransokyo be featured at one point and have GoGo Tomago be played by the voice actor of Disney's Mulan.

so you think a 53 year old woman should portray a teenager? that's a bit odd. not to mention, gogo's voice actor is in OUAT as mulan. this is pretty headwracking.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
so you think a 53 year old woman should portray a teenager? that's a bit odd. not to mention, gogo's voice actor is in OUAT as mulan. this is pretty headwracking.

Henchforth the reason as to why she should play GoGo lol.
Once Upon A Time depiction are sometimes drastically different to their Disney counterparts.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Henchforth the reason as to why she should play GoGo lol.
Once Upon A Time depiction are sometimes drastically different to their Disney counterparts.

I was going to ask, is that because Jaimie is already playing Mulan, and you want to do the opposite now but yeah I guess so lol.

But yeah, I mean that would not be something I actually want I think :p

Patricier21

Really appreciated Cerberus in last week's episode. Brought some Kingdom Hearts vibes, especially with Herc, Meg and Snow teaming up to defeat him . Reminded me of the trio of Sora & co. going up against him. Also liked how Herc and Meg initially died to such a hard "boss" like most of us Kingdom Hearts fans have or experienced :)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought he was one of the better parts of this half season.

But I'm also one who thinks Rumple and Hook should permanently exit the show because I'm so sick of them and their stories.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
did we honestly need another hackneyed plot twist and character? this show's writing is so inconsistent, not a normal basis like between seasons, but episode to episode they disrespect their own plot.

also hades is absolute shit and they failed to honor the look of the original movie spectacularly.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't really like Hades' actor so far either. I'm hoping someone will finally kill Rumpel, but I have a feeling they'll be saving that for the final season if it ever happens.

Kaijuguy19

I hope Hades at some point loses his cool completely and goes demonically enraged when he's finally had enough of his plans being runined because that was one of his iconic things going on in the original Hercules movie.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I like Hades. He's understated, and they don't use the stupid flame hair thing too much.

But Hook and Rumple? Totally agree. Didn't like Hook in Season 2 when they started trying to put him with Emma, and I don't like him now. Rumple's dead to me. It's over, I can't root for him anymore and if he's just there to be a pain in my side then there's no point. They've done the same damn arc with him every season, and I'm over it.

The Underworld plot though, I kind of like. Way better than 5A (which I knew was going to be awful). This show is nothing if not a quilt of loose threads, and an arc about resolving all those characters is nice.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
did we honestly need another hackneyed plot twist and character? this show's writing is so inconsistent, not a normal basis like between seasons, but episode to episode they disrespect their own plot.

also hades is absolute shit and they failed to honor the look of the original movie spectacularly.

Seriously? I get that this iteration of Hades is not your thing but comparing him to the original makes no sense whatsoever. Once Upon A Time doesn't make carbon copies of their Renaissance characters (cause if they did, Mulan would have been with Li as opposed to fawning over Phillip). He's actually enjoyable unlike the rest of this boring cast.

Honestly, Once Upon A Time is turning into terrible Tumblr fanfiction. Watch the first series and this series and the characters are barely recognisable. I'm now legitimately embarrassed that I like this show...

Elysium

Awards
Hades is the worst part of this half-season to me, so far. I'm hoping he picks up, but the actor is really awful. I'm more disappointed because I love Greek mythology (and the Disney movie, too), not to mention I've liked nearly all of their other villains.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hades is the worst part of this half-season to me, so far. I'm hoping he picks up, but the actor is really awful. I'm more disappointed because I love Greek mythology (and the Disney movie, too), not to mention I've liked nearly all of their other villains.

"i love greek mythology" your name is tartarus, fam!

joking aside, i agree. its not the "differentiating from the animated version" i mind (especially considering i enjoyed their rendition of peter pan), its the laughably bad portrayal of a generic white guy in a suit, and how flat and boring everything is. it looks no different from jafar's lair in OUATIWL

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
wait you're telling me they went back on hinting Mulan was into Aurora? (haven't seen the show past midway s4)

yeah. the show's writing is especially inconsistent with same sex couples lol

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I don't really like Hades' actor so far either. I'm hoping someone will finally kill Rumpel, but I have a feeling they'll be saving that for the final season if it ever happens.

Yeah this is what I feel about Rumple as well, I hate him, I'm so done with him. My friend and I discussed how poetic it would be for him to be the one stuck in the Underworld forever, since he is trying so desperately to leave. But I feel like the show runner care way too much about the "Rumbelle" fans and their abusive ship to do that...even though they have totally set him up to be beyond redemption. So I dunno.

I don't mind Hades as much as some of you guys, but I think I get the complaints. I liked the backstory with Snow and Herc, it reminded me of Season 1 a bit, and Regina has been on point this half as well. But yeah other than that so far this half has been my least favorite the past 2 years really. I actually liked the Dark One/Camelot thing till towards the end it got rushed.

yeah. the show's writing is especially inconsistent with same sex couples lol

Wait what? They haven't gone back on anything involving this. They are being annoyingly...avoid-ish with having Mulan admit her feelings were for Aurora so far (I mean for the one episode she was in anyway lol), but I feel like her and Ruby are getting together so I mean, I think Mulan is just nervous. To be fair, if it was for Phillip, she probably would have said that, so yeah.

For the singular same-sex...not even really couple, just one sided love, they have not been inconsistent lol. And if I am right about her getting with Ruby now, well yeah, then I would assume that too will pan out. But we shall see.

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
I still like this half-season and I enjoyed the Camelot arc much more than I expected to. I like how they're having all these cameos and loved Hercules (Megara was a huge disappointment though). It's just Hades I'm not enjoying. Which is a shame because he can't die like other villains. I'm ready for Zelena to show up again now.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I still like this half-season and I enjoyed the Camelot arc much more than I expected to. I like how they're having all these cameos and loved Hercules (Megara was a huge disappointment though). It's just Hades I'm not enjoying. Which is a shame because he can't die like other villains. I'm ready for Zelena to show up again now.

She's not going anywhere, there's another subplot with Dorothy coming, apparently.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Once Upon A Time doesn't make carbon copies of their Renaissance characters (cause if they did, Mulan would have been with Li as opposed to fawning over Phillip).
I can't tell if you just didn't realize Mulan is all on that Aurora train, or if OUAT literally went back on the only queer character recently.

For the singular same-sex...not even really couple, just one sided love, they have not been inconsistent lol.

They have been consistently terrible and unprogressive~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back