• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Once Upon A Time - "The evilest heart of all"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I can't tell if you just didn't realize Mulan is all on that Aurora train, or if OUAT literally went back on the only queer character recently.

They have been consistently terrible and unprogressive~

Oh well yeah, I mean, when I said the "singular same-sex one sided love" I didn't mean it as a compliment to the show lol. Its ridiculous it has taken this long for a show that revolves around couples to have anything not straight. (It's also super freaking white)

And again, no they didn't go back on Mulan. She has only shown up once since then though, so they haven't had much chance to do anything with her really, which is also frustrating. Like again, I feel like she may only show up once this half of the season (I only know of one episode anyway), which is annoying. I was kind of hoping she would be more of a thing when they introduced her back but yeah.

I still like this half-season and I enjoyed the Camelot arc much more than I expected to. I like how they're having all these cameos and loved Hercules (Megara was a huge disappointment though). It's just Hades I'm not enjoying. Which is a shame because he can't die like other villains. I'm ready for Zelena to show up again now.

I mean, I don't dislike it, its just not picking up like I would like it to yet? But yeah, Meg was disappointing. Also, I can't help but feel like they left so much about her just open, where she is in a strange place where if they wanted to do more with her story I feel they could but its also not really necessary.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Once I seen the hints that Zelena was going to return "yet again", I just completely lost it, this show is literally (not figuratively) driving itself to hell. The only entertaining character so far is Hades. It's a real insult to leave the whole Camelot plot up in the air...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why does. Hades put lots. Of Pauses. In the middle of. His many. Many. Many. Sentences.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm glad Zelena's back. She's the best part of this show these days.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh my god Dorothy, that was a terrible miscasting. She had no resemblance to what Dorothy should have been. I don't remember that much wrong with young Dorothy, but Adult Dorothy going back to Kansas, hearing that Zelena was still alive, and coming back as a "warrior" was nonsensical. How did she become a "warrior"? When? Why? Couldn't she have kept the personality of the Dorothy that was established in season 3?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Lol okay, so on what we discussed a few weeks ago, if this episode is going where I think it is, maybe the not straight couple writing isn't as consistent as I thought cuz this really doesn't feel like what was alluded to at all...but it still would be something and I could get behind it.

Edit: Well, it didn't take long to find out lol. I'm glad to see them commit even if this was out of left field a bit. The main question is what about freaking Mulan? It would be bull to just go back on her now...and I adore Ruby she has always been on of my faves so for her to be bisexual for sure is amazing. But yeah...kind of hope Mulan also gets with a different woman now?

And that they all stick around, they can't just have all the not straight people disappear into the ether lol. But that is certainly a possibility...

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

True, I mean I agree, though they have been vague with Mulan's sexuality, and since she never says she had feelings for Phillip, I do think it would be easy for the writers to say she is a lesbian and Aurora really did make the crush up herself. But, that isn't what it felt like back in Season 2 for sure. So yeah she is probably Bisexual, and thus could easily end up with a man and it would not erase her identity to anything.

I do have objection to it because not-straight people aren't just a one and done kind of deal lol. Especially if probably none of them are going to be truly main characters. I am worried we may never even get Ruby as a semi-reocurring character again even but yeah.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Once Upon a Time this was a good show. Now it has extremely poor writing, lack of motivation outside of heteros bonking, and ensuring Regina will never ever ever ever be happy.

Plus Gold sucks and Robert should be cut loose from the role. Bring in a new, more compelling villain to replace him.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Once Upon a Time this was a good show. Now it has extremely poor writing, lack of motivation outside of heteros bonking, and ensuring Regina will never ever ever ever be happy.

Plus Gold sucks and Robert should be cut loose from the role. Bring in a new, more compelling villain to replace him.

I am all here with you about rehashing with Regina being sad about a lost love again. Like, I really hope the hints of her devolving into her Evil Queen self is just a tease to get people hooked. But then I also hoped they wouldn't just be lazy and kill Robin because they clearly have had no idea what to do with him....but I didn't get that either. Double points since they redeemed his rapist with little effort.

And also about Rumple, I am bored of him as the villain and yeah I feel like they keep him around just because Robert is a good actor but at this point just let it go.

These were all extremely predictable twists though. I do feel like the shows age is...well showing lol. Its rare I am actually surprised since they always do the same kinds of twists and crap...

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Personally, I don't think this show was ever good. Maybe in the Pilot Ep, and like one other ep a season. But it's always had pretty questionable writing. I think its flaws just get more and more obvious with repetition.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this show sucks now honestly. rumple is the top example of this show's bad writing and motivations. they introduce more characters than they know what to do with for the sole reason that they can't write anything compelling with who they have, then they hastily kill them off only to bring them back a few seasons later when they dun goof'd again.

i could write an essay on why i hate this show. i went from liking it to disliking it within a month, its really kind of amazing.

Elysium

Awards
Haters gonna hate. Normally when I come to hate a show, I give it up, like Glee, Scandal, and Teen Wolf.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Haters gonna hate. Normally when I come to hate a show, I give it up, like Glee, Scandal, and Teen Wolf.

its because it has the potential to be good. every time an episode comes on, we hope its better than the last. the show has a deep potential thats buried under painful writing.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I would argue the Frozen arc was one of the high points of the series because of how the Frozen cast and Regina and Emma (outside of Hook) were written, but even then, pretty sure Disney required the original writers of Frozen to give their okays on stuff/help write it? Could be diddlying wrong here though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I would argue the Frozen arc was one of the high points of the series because of how the Frozen cast and Regina and Emma (outside of Hook) were written, but even then, pretty sure Disney required the original writers of Frozen to give their okays on stuff/help write it? Could be diddlying wrong here though.

no. the writers of tron legacy are responsible for the whole thing. they wrote in this weird "oh no! emma can't control her powers!" arc that didn't really make sense. especially considering her powers are a plot device that suits their needs but the same could he said for any aspect of the show.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
no. the writers of tron legacy are responsible for the whole thing. they wrote in this weird "oh no! emma can't control her powers!" arc that didn't really make sense. especially considering her powers are a plot device that suits their needs but the same could he said for any aspect of the show.

Okay that part was dumb af. I mostly meant personality wise, lol. I liked her interactions with Regina, Elsa and even the Snow Bit- Queen herself.

The things I hate about that part of the season are all the Hook/Rumple exploits lol, and everything connected to it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought Frozen was weak because of how it focused on characters outside of the core group and there was barely any development going on for the gang. With the other characters, such as the (squandered) Queens of Darkness arc, Zelena, Pan ... these characters helped move the core group along with their personal development.
Frozen introduced an issue for pretty much just Emma that was confusing, out of character, and was really just plain weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back