• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Once Upon A Time - "The evilest heart of all"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I honestly thought Emma was always out of character after the curse was broken. In season 1, Emma was pretty laid back and fearless, but now, she's just pretty overdramatic tbh. I may be wrong but that's what I remember, anyway.

I too thought that the Frozen arc was weak. They started shoving the "oh emmas powers are too powerful and dangerous" down our throats randomly and awkwardly which was never explained in previous seasons. Making her the Dark One is also crap. We all knew she was going to return to normal. The problem is that they're trying so hard with Emma's character.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Emma quickly became an unbelievable as a character when she kept saying her superpower is telling when people are lying to her but everyone always did and she never picked up on that. From there she just went snowballing down to everything about her is motivated by a misogynistic drunk loser.

Kaijuguy19

I'm actually hoping that later on they'll go for a different type of main villain for future seasons. Like a hero who after going through horrific events and facing some of the worse villains went insane thus now only seeing things in very black and white terms vowing to take down every other villain out there and bring what he believes to be justice yet it's actually a twisted way of doing it treating even former villains as well as heroes who did bad things at one time cruelly because of it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I binged watched 5B after giving up on the show for a while with 5A. I actually found I surprisingly enjoyed it. It definitely wasn't great writing or great TV by any means, but I found the season to be rather solid, with some nice moments (honestly, i think in general this show is just less irritating when binged). Hook surviving was a load of bullshit, but I was glad that Robin at least ate it.

Haven't watched any of 6 yet aside from the premiere. How are people feeling about it so far?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I've gotten bored of Once Upon a Time now. It's so far removed from the first season now that I have no justification in catching up with it.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I find that OUaT is my guilty pleasure. It's good to know that they main plot will be ending with this season. I don't think I'll return for the 7th season unless season 6 has an unsatisfying ending. I may check out the first few episodes of season 7 just to see what's going on, but I don't plan or really want to continue watching.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Season 6 was boring. Their musical episode was pretty good though. I guess I'm glad next year will be a reboot since Morrison and Mader won't be there. I'll watch because TV's pretty much a dead zone these days, but I probably won't be as invested as I was in the first 5 seasons.

D

Deleted member 246005

season 7 has some potential with an adult henry and this new cinderella but it still feels like a rethread of the first season.

TVtropes compared Once Upon a time to an american kingdom hearts so is there any cameos/shoutouts you'd wanna see?

Last edited by a moderator:

ImVentus

Awards
I like to tune in at season 7 it's nowhere great but it's actually quite enjoyable and I like the change.

ImVentus

Awards
I really enjoyed the two last episodes. Adelaide Kane is starting to become a favourite with her performance as Ivy. I also find season 7 to be not as repetitive as season 3 and 5 were. Like having scenes with unnecessary conversations that led nowhere are not as present in season 7.

ImVentus

Awards
This thread has been dead for quite a while. Let's mix things up a bit?
Has there been a episode, storyline or sequence that have really sticked with you? Has there been a cast member that really impressed you with the acting or costume designs?

I watched OUA since 2012. I remember the simpler days when the show wasn't so confusing and repetitive.
Sitting through season 4-6 is a real cringe fest. The first half of season 7 was at least somewhat more entertaining. I lost interest after the Rapunzel episode and now it seems to be a real mess.

As for the good ol' days, I have some great memories from season 1-3. Where the storyline was easier to follow and the cinematagrophy was at least made with some real effort, to stand out. Even the dialogue seemed much more intelligent back then.

This sequence in particular, is one of my favourites from the show.
[video=youtube;qNSaU07DZFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNSaU07DZFo&t=41s[/video]

The direction with the camera, lighting, palette, performance and script is so refined. It stands out it even more when seeing these two talented actresses bring so much life into their characters. Rebecca's sarcastic & over the top humour goes so well with Lana's more elegant and respected attitude. It's just fun to watch.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think the highlight of the series overall (for me) was Rebecca Mader as Zelena. Even more after her main arc was done. When she became a recurring part of the cast of characters, her lack of direct relation to them made her quips and insights pretty hilarious. She always owned her crazy in a way Regina didn't. Parrilla is still one of my favorite actors and her performance in the first 2 seasons was what hooked me for sure, but the writers failed the character in a lot of ways.

I loved the show from seasons 1-5, although there are things I wish it had done better and 2B/4B were really weak. I pushed myself through season 6 even though it was pretty boring thanks to their mismanagement of characters/plots. Zelena having nothing to do was the biggest letdown, but the fact that Hyde and Aladdin both seemed to get the shaft was disappointing. Mader getting cut at the end of season 6 is the main reason I didn't watch season 7. I read they eventually brought her back when enough fans jumped ship just like I did, but I had already missed too many episodes to start in again.

Some of my favorite episodes are "Sympathy For the De Vil," "Our Decay," the musical episode, and most season 1 and 3 episodes (they were the two best seasons in my book). I thought they did a good job with their villains most of the time. Maleficent and Ursula were the colossal fails, but I liked the rest.

ImVentus

Awards
I think the highlight of the series overall (for me) was Rebecca Mader as Zelena. Even more after her main arc was done. When she became a recurring part of the cast of characters, her lack of direct relation to them made her quips and insights pretty hilarious. She always owned her crazy in a way Regina didn't. Parrilla is still one of my favorite actors and her performance in the first 2 seasons was what hooked me for sure, but the writers failed the character in a lot of ways.

I loved the show from seasons 1-5, although there are things I wish it had done better and 2B/4B were really weak. I pushed myself through season 6 even though it was pretty boring thanks to their mismanagement of characters/plots. Zelena having nothing to do was the biggest letdown, but the fact that Hyde and Aladdin both seemed to get the shaft was disappointing. Mader getting cut at the end of season 6 is the main reason I didn't watch season 7. I read they eventually brought her back when enough fans jumped ship just like I did, but I had already missed too many episodes to start in again.

Some of my favorite episodes are "Sympathy For the De Vil," "Our Decay," the musical episode, and most season 1 and 3 episodes (they were the two best seasons in my book). I thought they did a good job with their villains most of the time. Maleficent and Ursula were the colossal fails, but I liked the rest.

I haft to say that Victoria Smurfit was really entertaining as Cruella. She was a reason along with Rebecca that I sat through season 5b.
I don't know why but I always liked the Oz arc. I just wish they had visited it some more. They tried to do it again in season 5 & 6 but it felt a bit lackluster. Aside from the Zelena focused episode in season 6 with Stanum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back