• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► (One-Shot) Falling

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessoftheKey

Website
www.freewebs.com
Authors Note: This was also posted on FF.net under my username, "KrystalGamer".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
He was falling, falling. Falling into an endless abyss. Free falling. Falling for eternity. Until he hit the ground. Yet, there would be no one there to catch him. No one there to save him. He thought of Kairi. He had given her a promise. Two promises, in fact. Yet here he was, falling instead of trying to keep them.

“Take this. It's my lucky charm. Be sure to bring it back to me.”
“Kairi. Remember what you said before? I'm always with you, too. I'll come back to you. I promise!”

He thought of Riku. His best friend, and his worst enemy. To go from friendly, brotherly fights to a duel to the death was heart wrenching. Yet here he was, falling instead of trying to make things right between them. Falling, instead of trying to find him.

“Giving up already? Come on, Sora. I thought you were stronger than that!”
“The darkness will destroy you.”

He thought of Donald and Goofy. Goofy had always tried to protect him with his shield. And Donald always healed him when necessary. Yet here he was, falling instead of thanking them.

“Well, you know... All for one and one for all.”
“I guess you're stuck with us, Sora.”

He thought of the King. He had let the King down. Maybe Riku should have gotten the keyblade….maybe he shouldn’t be a keyblade master. Yet here he was, falling instead of proving that he should be a master.

“Let the Keyblade choose...its true master.”

He thought of Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cloud. He had let them down too. He hadn’t opened the door to the light.

“The closer you get to the light, the larger your shadow becomes.”

No, he had to stop thinking like that. But maybe that was why everyone had tried to stop him?

“So, listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you.”

Yes, yes. Think of that. Think of your friends. Think of the LIGHT.
He thought of Destiny Islands, and how it looked when he was last there. That was all his fault. All of it. Destiny. His destiny had caused it. Origin. Kairi’s origin had caused it. Darkness. And Riku’s darkness has caused it.

“Remember, Sora. You are the one who will open the door to the light.”
“The princess...? Kairi's a princess?”
“The Heartless obey me now, Sora. Now I have nothing to fear.”

He shook his head. That was more of a dark thought than a light thought. Light thoughts…happy thoughts….

“That's it! Our hearts are connected. And the light from our hearts broke through the darkness. I saw that light. I think that's what saved me. No matter how deep the darkness, a light shines within. I guess it's more than just a fairy tale.”

But she’s not here to save me anymore….I’ve lost sight of the light. I just need to find it again……

“Careful. This is the last haven you'll find here. Beyond, there is no light to protect you. But don't be afraid. Your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Remember, you are the one who will open the door to the light.”

Yes...the light...I think I....

“Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience, and it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart just as they've become a part of mine. And if they think of me now and then...if they don't forget me...then our hearts will be one. (readying his Wooden Sword) I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!”

My...friends….the...

“Don't you see yet? The princess's heart is responding. It has been there all along. Kairi's heart rests within you!”

Kairi…..I’m…..sorry…..but…where….is…the….

“You're wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts...is light!”

LIGHT! THE LIGHT! The boy named Sora opened his eyes.
“The...light...it...will…..break….my…fall…..and…..catch….me…”
There would be no one to catch him at the end. No one…except the light.

R

RainyTown

That was really good, I liked it! It was cool how you put all those quotes in there. (That sounded like a really lame compliment, but it's the thought that counts, right?) Anyways, it was really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back