• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

One theory to rule them all.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorn91

I shall, mercifully, refrain from continuing the phrase.

Now, I've been sitting around here for a while, reading a bunch of different theories. Some of them crackpot theories, some of them credible. Please note, most of the things I am sayng are not of my making, rather I am just putting the puzzle pieces together. And yeah, prolly gonna get flamed a lot for this...

Where better to start than the very end? I'll begin by addressing the most vague and most relevant topic of discussion; the secret ending. I'll just go through, bit by bit.

It starts with Ansem Reports flying through the air. Nothing surprising there, the AR's have been our source of background knowledge through KH1 and 2. The particular excerp that comes up talks about the keyblade's potential for destruction as well as good. I was actually rather surprised at this. Of all Ansem Reports, it seems to be LEAST conducive to the rest of the video. (Jumping ahead slightly) the tone of the scene to me made it seem like the three standing together were not friends with the last one approaching. But that may have just been me...it would have been nice if it was easier to distinguish whether or not the knight people were good or not. I personally believe that they are good (I'll explain this more later on) despite the background music. >_< (Jumping back) So yeah, something about good and evil. This suggests the keyblade has two possibilities. Why, then, are there four keyblade wielders, all coming from different paths? We will discover this and more, as we delve into the depths of the vague and unusual ending, here on the History Channel. (J/k.)

They may come from four different paths, but there *may* be two alliances. Refer to the middle of the above paragraph if you don't know what I'm talking about since I ramble so much. The three seem to stand for good. Why do I think this? Because the first guy is standing on the body of a HUGE defeated Nobody. We sorta came to know Nobodies as being bad, so people who fight them would logically be good. (Obviously this isn't rock solid and there are ways around it, but I'll let it stand for the time being)

Okay...that takes care of the Ansem Reports. Now onto the part where we see the guy. As I said, he is standing on the body of a huge defeated Nobody. The background music presents an evil tone, I know, but just try to think of it as more epic than evil. His keyblade is interesting, kinda like an ancient Mayan or Aztec design. This makes me think this took place in the past. I don't know about everyone else, but despite the futuristic looking knight outfits, it sorta presented an ancient tone to me, not to mention the (jumping ahead) "It all BEGAN with birth by sleep." Through extrapolation, one may assume this took place in the past.

Next, you see a figure walk up. I am SURE this is a woman. For one, the horns on her helmet go down, and for all Da Vinci Code fans out there (YAY MOVIE WAS T3H ROXX()RZ!!!!) down arrow means feminine, up arrow means masculine. Not to mention her (forgive my rudamentary language here) boob slots on her armor. When the next figure approaches, there are lines on his armor that MIGHT be mistaken for boob slots, but it is actually completely flat. Plus, the horns on his helmet go up. So, we've established two guys and a girl. From now on I will refer to them as B1, B2, and G.

Now, I'm not gonna get too meticulous on what keyblades they pick up, but I will mention that B1 picks up Sora's key, B2 picks up Riku's key, and G picks up the Inverse/Mickey's key. So...coinkidink. Main guy get's Sora's...other guy get's Riku's...and girl get's Mickey's. Now, I know Nomura said these characters were completely new faces, but I believe these characters are in some way counterparts to Sora, Riku, and Kairi. The only one that doesn't make since is Kairi with Mickey's keyblade. However, think about this. They're both royalty. I leave that open to speculation so you can ponder that for a while. (I also know that some people have decided to speculate on keyblades representing realms. I'm not going to touch on this, however, because there is no evidence suggesting it, and no way to differentiate whether Kairi or Sora would get the Light's key. Also, you end up with the problem that just because you found a keyblade in a certain place, does that mean where you found it is the realm it stands for? Since anyone with a strong heart can wield a keyblade, I'm gonna have to say no to this theory. Well, waddaya know...I guess I did touch on it.)

ONWARDS, we see a dark figure approaching. And the moment you've all been waiting for: the text analysis.

Master of Keyblade: Since it doesn't say Keyblades, I assume it's referring to A master of A keyblade. Meaning: we have a keyblade wielding antagonist.

The Lost Two: The ONLY hint this gives is of Sora and Kairi. They were lost from each other during both KH games, and were trying to find their way back to the other. Maybe a similar situation occured in the past?

Memory of Xehanort: You can't very well have memories of someone before they were born, so we have no choice to believe that Xehanort was very powerful even before he became Ansem's apprentice, maybe even a Keyblade master in the past. So yeah...Xehanort's old...

Chasers: Totally out of the blue. But one theory I've found that I particularly like is a definition given by Dictionary.com.
1. One who decorates metal by engraving or embossing.
While I doubt Square would get THIS elusive just to try to get "Makers of the Keyblades" across, it is the ONLY lead we have on this. So I'm just going to assume this is reffering to the Keyblade makers.

Keyblade War: OOOOOOH! War! The only thing I can pull out of this is that the different wielders of the keyblade fought, probably those wielding in the name of good and those in the name of evil.

It all began with...birth by sleep: Da dum! This is the most difficult part to understand. What it seems to say is that someone/something was born while someone/something else was sleeping. (Jumping WAAAAAY back to KH1) Kairi told about how her grandmother described how the world was destroyed, then recreated. She told of a war that destroyed the world. *coughkeybladewarcough* Then the world was given birth again. But who was sleeping? The light of the children created the world. What is the only thing that could have stood in the way of the light? Darkness. Darkness slept while the light gave birth. Ooooh. Deep. But we can't be so vague as to say darkness slept. It has to be someone embodying darkness. The verdict: The keyblade war between the light and the dark ended with the destruction of the world. The light won, but only barely. The light wielders put the dark wielders to sleep. The world was recreated. With darkness gone and all well, the keyblades disappeared. But darkness (I believe Xehanort was the chosen wielder of the dark keyblade) eventually woke up, with all his memories gone. So he began working with Ansem and rediscovered the darkness. When this happened, Sora, chosen wielder of the light was awoken to combat the darkness and keep the balance.

</rant>

Yay! You've survived the first part of my theory! Give yourself a pat on the back. Now, for one of two more points I have to discuss. These are MUCH shorter.

The symbol Roxas draws: It was a crown. I saw it, plain and simple. It represents the light, a complete being. Yeah, that's that.

On the subject of counterparts of worlds: I think the dark beach at the end is the dark version of Destiny Islands. As such, I believe all worlds exist in Nothing, Light, and Darkness. We haven't seen any Nothing worlds except Twilight Town and TWTNW. I belive TT is the nothing counterpart of Traverse Town and TWTNW doesn't have a counterpart, since it was created by the Org. Gradually, the Org was trying to bring their world into the light in order to lure Sora to them so that he could open the door to Kingdom Hearts. Yeah...does that take care of that? I believe so.

Hope you enjoyed it. PLEASE post any comments, praise, corrections, additions, or contradictions. It is all welcome.

T

Tyler Durden

dude... deep ^%$& smartnes... i feel retarded... actually Ive been thinking around the same thing. Except I don't beleive thatthe war was Darkness against Light. I think it was dark against dark... as if it was darkness everything would be darker...

Shorn91

Lol, thanks for the compliment. What do you mean by dark against dark?

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
One thing I agree on.......i think Xehonret was a bad keyblade weilder. It seems there are two masters everytime to one key. One master with that same key caused chaos and ruin. One master saved the world with it. Remember king triton in Atlantica said if it gets in the wrong hands it could become bad. I think xehonret was a good keyblade master who helped save the world at one time.

Now one thing, The girl is probably not Kairi and remember Kairi's keyblade was in there also if you look closer. I think those three people have no references to Riku or Kairi, but sora is a different story mainly because he's the keyblade master. Other wise they are totally new.

Shorn91

soraworldseen said:
One thing I agree on.......i think Xehonret was a bad keyblade weilder. It seems there are two masters everytime to one key. One master with that same key caused chaos and ruin. One master saved the world with it. Remember king triton in Atlantica said if it gets in the wrong hands it could become bad. I think xehonret was a good keyblade master who helped save the world at one time.

Now one thing, The girl is probably not Kairi and remember Kairi's keyblade was in there also if you look closer. I think those three people have no references to Riku or Kairi, but sora is a different story mainly because he's the keyblade master. Other wise they are totally new.

*chuckles at spelling...Xehonret* ANYWAY, yeah. I wouldn't put it past Square to make a twist like Xeh being a good guy. But I really don't think they'd make us wait as long as we're going to have to wait for KH3 and make the characters have NO ties to the old ones. Like I said, I don't think that these are Sora, Riku, and Kairi, just ancestors or past versions, so to speak.

T

Tyler Durden

by dark against dark I mean like lesser darkness attacking greater darkness. Or someone was corrupted, and the keyblade was 'hurt' in the process. Maybe...there was only light after darkness had won... then our hearts our forfeit. Insert creation of:
KINGDOM HEARTS! muahahaha

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
....thats actually not bad, especially your thoughts on the chaser, while i do still think that the thrid knight is a girl based on a sway of th hips. counterparts theory was originally made by xaldin so you should give credit, interest in keyblades could mean xehanort was some kind of heartless thing instead of a past weilder, both would work for opening the door and having interest in the keyblades. and according to nomura, memories of xehanort = memories of another no heart, so keep that in mind. other then what i said, well done.

Shorn91

dark hero Riku said:
by dark against dark I mean like lesser darkness attacking greater darkness. Or someone was corrupted, and the keyblade was 'hurt' in the process. Maybe...there was only light after darkness had won... then our hearts our forfeit. Insert creation of:
KINGDOM HEARTS! muahahaha

Okay...yeah...maybe so? *confused*

Shorn91

violent_anger said:
....thats actually not bad, especially your thoughts on the chaser, while i do still think that the thrid knight is a girl based on a sway of th hips. counterparts theory was originally made by xaldin so you should give credit, interest in keyblades could mean xehanort was some kind of heartless thing instead of a past weilder, both would work for opening the door and having interest in the keyblades. and according to nomura, memories of xehanort = memories of another no heart, so keep that in mind. other then what i said, well done.

Yeah, ALL credit goes out to whoever made these. Like I said, I'm just the putter-togetherer. And I'd like to know what you mean by "another no heart."

T

Tyler Durden

shorn91 is confused so:

After almost all hearts were lost into the deepest darkness, a few enlightened locked away darkness AND created a machine to make new hearts. And thus Light and Kingdom Hearts were born. dude: im on a roll.

Shorn91

dark hero Riku said:
shorn91 is confused so:

After almost all hearts were lost into the deepest darkness, a few enlightened locked away darkness AND created a machine to make new hearts. And thus Light and Kingdom Hearts were born. dude: im on a roll.

Oh, thank you. That's clearer. Where did you find that?

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Yeah this actually makes since. But I don't think that The World That Never Was is in the realm of Nothingness. I personaly belive that it is a part of the realm of darkness. The Castle was built in the realm of Darkness. That Castle became the organization 13's headquarters.

But I am sure that Sora and Riku was somehow transported to the realm of nothingness to fight Xemnas. When they beat Xemnas, a door led them back to the realm of darkness, and they were at a beach that was the realm of darkness version of Destiny's Island.

Me personly think that Twilight Town is in the realm that is inbetween the darkness realm and light realm period. I will just say that Twilight Town is in the realm inbetween. Or I would just say Twilight's realm.

The realm of nothingness is probably just nothing like the name implies, it probably has no meaning. Just a place that has nothing and time never passes in that realm period.

But I do belive that there is a light and dark version of every world. That is something that really makes since.

I also like that Knight thing that you explained. It was something similar to my own thoughts.

Last edited:

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
Actually the world that never was is an inbetween world. Along with Traverse Town, Castle Oblivion, Hollow Bastion(Radiant Garden), Twilight Town, and for my own reasons(meaning not confirmed) Destiny Islands. I say Destiny Islands because in order to get to the dark corridor you have to be in an Inbetween world and in Kh1 when Destiny Islands was destroyed, Riku took the dark corridor to hollow bastion(an inbetween world) and Sora took it to Traverse Town(an inbetween world) and it was stated in the game that in order to use the dark corridor you have to be in an inbetween world and the dark corridor only opens up in inbetween worlds.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
RikuHeroOfDark said:
Actually the world that never was is an inbetween world. Along with Traverse Town, Castle Oblivion, Hollow Bastion(Radiant Garden), Twilight Town, and for my own reasons(meaning not confirmed) Destiny Islands. I say Destiny Islands because in order to get to the dark corridor you have to be in an Inbetween world and in Kh1 when Destiny Islands was destroyed, Riku took the dark corridor to hollow bastion(an inbetween world) and Sora took it to Traverse Town(an inbetween world) and it was stated in the game that in order to use the dark corridor you have to be in an inbetween world and the dark corridor only opens up in inbetween worlds.

Thats true. But does that mean that everyone that inhabited Traverse Town came from inbetween worlds also?

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Pretty good compilation of different people's theories, and it actually makes sense (and the chaser definition gave me a whole new outlook on them, this should bring some more theories around). But about Traverse Town, according to Ansem the Wise, it is an inbetween world. It can be accessed through corridors of darkness. Just wanted to say that. Nice job! :D
Edit: Oops someone already said that. I shall hang my head in shame.

Last edited:

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
The Conquerer said:
Thats true. But does that mean that everyone that inhabited Traverse Town came from inbetween worlds also?
Not all the people that inhabited Traverse Town came from inbetween worlds, some of them actually lived there but to me the ones that were in Traverse Town came from inbetween worlds(but thats to me). Or some came there through other sources like simba was a gem, or leon and them came in a ship(even though they did come from an inbetween world)

EternityMoon

FINALLY, someone who KNOWS that the knights aren't Sora Kairi and Riku.

Wonderful theory, I'll be ready to congradulate you when KH3 comes out and you're rubbing this in everyone's face because you were right! XD

Little_Red

betch.
That does sound true. Plus it does make sense.
Why don't we name G :Kyrii, and B1: Reccu and B2:Soarah, j/k. Very nice theory!!!!!!!!

Morning Twilight

First I think that this theory is GREAT.
But I don't agree about some parts.
I personally think that there are few true keyblades. I think possibly 6 but everyone says THE keyblade. idk. The only reason that it's 6 is cuz of the secret ending. I beleive this because when Sora's keyblade changes all you do is change the keychain. This thought isn't really finished cuz i just thought it.

Birth By Sleep: There are theories that the part in the beginning where you chose the sword, staff, or sheild, is sleep. I don't think so. I think the sleep was birth from sleeping hearts or something to do with hearts. I beleive that this is referring to the keyblades. That they were born from sleeping hearts.

Lost Two: I think that's what they are going to introduce in KH3. Lost two could mean a lot of things. I don't think that it has any relation to kairi at all.

Nemora said that there are no more keyblade masters only keyblade weilders but in the game enemys always say keyblade master? Could someone explain this to me?

Finally.... I agree with the keyblade of ruin and chaos and the keyblade of prosperity. Because it says one again i think there is really only 1 true keyblade of each group (prosperity and chaos) and many keychains that give other properties of keyblades. or something like that. I think that this game is another battle of the keyblade master of prosperity (sora) and keyblade master of ruin and chaos (which i think used to be Xemnas/Xeanort/Ansem but now has changed)

I agree with everything else in the theory i just think there need to be a few tweaks.

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
violent_anger said:
....thats actually not bad, especially your thoughts on the chaser, while i do still think that the third knight is a girl based on a sway of the hips. counterparts theory was originally made by xaldin so you should give credit, interest in keyblades could mean xehanort was some kind of heartless thing instead of a past weilder, both would work for opening the door and having interest in the keyblades. and according to nomura, memories of xehanort = memories of another no heart, so keep that in mind. other then what i said, well done.

With memories of Xehanort, the report says something about xehanort losing his memories. Maybe he did change into a heartless. But his interest in Keyblades might have been a memory of his past or something that was familiar to him. He might just be a keyblade master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back