• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Orange is the New Black

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
"Orange Is The New Black, Netflix's new provocative series set in a woman's penitentiary, follows the titular character Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling) as she carries out her sentence for carrying drug money she committed 10 years previously. Watch Piper as she struggles with her ex girl-friend and drug smuggler Alex Vause (Laura Prepon), the sex-crazed inmate Crazy Eyes (Uzo Aduba), who won't take no for an answer, and prison life overall."

[video=youtube;YuS9FVVoC5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuS9FVVoC5g[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Your OP hurts me.

I actually just finished season 1 of this on the weekend. I thought the pilot was pretty lackluster but after episode 2, I was totally hooked. I marathoned the entire season over the course of 2 days.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Your OP hurts me.

How about this:

"Orange Is The New Black, Netflix's new provocative series set in a woman's penitentiary, follows the titular character Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling) as she carries out her sentence for carrying drug money she committed 10 years previously. Watch Piper as she struggles with her ex girl-friend and drug smuggler Alex Vause (Laura Prepon), the sex-crazed inmate Crazy Eyes (Uzo Aduba), who won't take no for an answer, and prison life overall."

Taochan said:
I actually just finished season 1 of this on the weekend. I thought the pilot was pretty lackluster but after episode 2, I was totally hooked. I marathoned the entire season over the course of 2 days.

Yeah the first season is totally addicting. I usually don't marathon shows but I watched the first four episodes of the first season in one sitting. I ended up finishing the entire season in 3 days.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm giving it a try once I decimate the rest of my backlog.

So I'll get back to you like next year.
2 complete seasons on Netflix. Stop, go watch them. Get back to us in 48 hours.

How about this:

Delsan wins the OP game.

Yeah the first season is totally addicting. I usually don't marathon shows but I watched the first four episodes of the first season in one sitting. I ended up finishing the entire season in 3 days.
Have you started season 2 yet, or no? I just watched the premiere because I couldn't deal with the cliffhanger from season 1.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
almost done with season 1, been watching it with my brother

red and morello for best girls

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Season 2's ending is actually perfect. I'm glad that we won't be waiting a whole year for season 3, since they've already started shooting it!

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Delsan wins the OP game.

:D

Have you started season 2 yet, or no? I just watched the premiere because I couldn't deal with the cliffhanger from season 1.

Seven episodes in. You're lucky that you started the season right when season 2 released! I couldn't stand that cliffhanger. Anyway, from being away from the show for so long, it feels different. I think it's because Piper isn't the central character any more, and the supporting cast is taking more of the spotlight. I'm not sure I like what direction Piper's character is going in though. I can't believe she tried to make Soso Big Boo's prison wife for a blanket! Old Piper wouldn't have done that.

And apparently Alex is coming back for season 3. Thoughts? The character is dead to me after what she did to Piper, I don't know what she'll do to redeem herself. I haven't seen her so far where I am, but I'm hoping she makes one visit to explain herself.

morello was so underused in season 1 that i'm glad she has a bigger role in season 2. so far, red's "redemption" story this season hasn't been cutting it for me. I just want her relationship with V to be explored more.

Season 2's ending is actually perfect. I'm glad that we won't be waiting a whole year for season 3, since they've already started shooting it!

The show was renewed for season 2 before season 1 even started, and we still waited a year. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Last edited:

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I'm a few episodes into season 2, Probably gonna finish it in the next couple days. I think what draws me into the show is the wonderful balance between drama and comedy, and the characters as well.

Just you wait...

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
on season 1 episode 3, this looks lackluster. does it pick up?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
it's a show by jenji kohan so it probably doesn't

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
on season 1 episode 3, this looks lackluster. does it pick up?
It depends on what you want from the show. They start delving into character back-stories and their reasons for being in prison soon, but honestly if you're not feeling it at episode 3 then I don't know if I would try to convince you to keep going.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

"Don't Fear The Reaper" pretty much guarantees that shit is about to go down. Perfect ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back