• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Organization XIII Titles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrossWinter

I was talking to my friend about 358/2 one day, and he asked what the titles even meant. That left me thinking up explanations for each one, until I could think no more and my brain hurt.

So, feel free to explain what you think the titles mean. Here they are:

Xemnas, The Superior
Xemnas' title is pretty self-explanitory to me. He leads the Organization, and has the most outrageous weapon IMO.

Xigbar, The Freeshooter
Xigbar uses guns for weapons, and is a pretty laid back guy from what we've seen. Thus, his name refers to that trait and his weapon.

Xaldin, The Whirlwind Lancer
Xaldin controls wind, thus the whirlwind part of his title. Weapon of choice, lances. Six of them. And a whirlwind is a strong wind, and Xaldin has muscle, thus the strong type of wind.

Vexen, The Chilly Academic
Ice is Vexen's forte, and he's a scientist. Academics refer to such people a lot, and Vexen also has a calm exterior at most times. Chilly not only refers to his element, but to his demeanor.

Lexaeus, The Silent Hero
Lexaeus' element is earth, though it doesn't directly tie into his name. Silent is obvious, seeing as how he doesn't talk all that much throughout the game. Hero could perhaps point towards his moral sense of right and wrong in the game, leading me to thin of him as an Antihero.

Zexion, The Cloaked Schemer
The schemer refers to how Zexion thinks ahead and in the shadows. You don't know what he's thinking at almost anytime. In the GBA version, you don't even fight him, but rather an illusion of his that seems to hurt him in turn.

Saix, The Luna Diviner
The 'Luna' in Saix's title refer's to his element, the Moon. How that's an element exactly, I'm not sure though. The 'Diviner' in his title could refer to his tendency to assume things, or how his element is closer to a 'God-like' element.

Axel, The Flurry of Dancing Flames
Very explanitory IMO. Flames refers to Axel's element, while flurry is a quick, burst of movement. Considering how fast he attacks, flurry coud be attributed to Axel's speed. It could also refer to a constant stir of flames in his case.

Demyx, The Melodious Nocturne
Demyx's weapon of choice is a sitar, a very melodic instruement. That's the origin of the 'Melodious', while 'Nocturne' refers to a dreamy, or light type of music. Demyx is a carefree person it seems, and thus 'Nocturne' could be attributed to that.

Luxord, The Gambler of Fate
Cards and dice, items frequently used in gambling and games of chance, are Luxord's weapon of choice. 'Gambler' derives from his weapon of choice, while 'Fate' could perhaps point towards how we can't control it. Once the die is cast, you can't change the outcome. (Unless you shake the table really hard, and manage to be unnoticed, or the dice are weighted.)

Marluxia, The Graceful Assassin
Considering how rose petals fall from Marluxia, we can assume the 'Graceful' comes from that. 'Assassin' could point towards his weapon of choice, a scythe, and its history with death. Death can come up on a person at any point, thus it is the perfect assassin.

Larxene, The Savage Nymph
Nymphs are female Greek spirits that tend to look like beautiful young women. While I think she's no better than a pretty face, the 'Nymph' derives from her looks and their theft and malice. 'Savage' refers to her style of attack, quick and viscious.

Roxas, The Key of Destiny
I shouldn't even have to explain this one, but I'll do so anyway. 'Key' refers to the Keyblades, while 'Destiny' refers to how he's meant to weild them, being Sora's nobody or by the fact the Keyblades are associated with higher powers.

These are just my speculations on the meanings, but share your thoughts. Pick one, or all.

ruon

I actually never thought of that. Maybe the assassin relates to his past like you said

slmcknett

Actually, Xemnas' official title now is The Guide to the Interstice or The Leader of the Between (take your pick). But, even with those two, it's still pretty obvious. Also, the Fate in Luxord's title could refer to him having power over Time.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The titles are self-explanatory, but are likely also irrelevant in the grander scale of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back