• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

origin of the middle finger

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regret

wat
LOOK AT ALL YE DANDY'S PRANCIN ABOOT WITH YOUR HEA
he he so i was in history class one day and my teacher just told us the origin of the middle finger soooooooo here it goes

during the middle ages, there was old weapons tecnology, u know long bows cross bows and so forth, well in the middle ages if a archer of the long bow got caught by the enemie, they would get thier pointer finger and thier middle finger choped off (they cut those fingers off because those fingers are the one that pulls the string back so it was a very important fingers) so when they got choped off they could never shoot with the long bow again, well
in the hundred years war (in europe)there was a battle (can't remeber the battle)and when the battle was finished, the wining side put there pointer finger and middle finger up at the same time to show they still have thier fingers cause they didnt get captured (and it was also to show the losing side ha ha nah nah u suck =P) so anyways from then on it was a sign of offense witch evolved to just the middle finger we all know and love and use verey often :D

he he just giving ya a fun fact ^-^

P

Prince_of_Light

LOL. awesome. how'd it turn from a victoy sign into an insult?

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Well, I never heard this story before. I'll have to ask my history teacher. My Hsty teacher is a genious. Not only does he teach our top high school classes but he also teaches at Sacred Heart University in CT, USA at nights. He knows EVERYTHING about history.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I learned about this awhile ago...I was actually contemplating making a thread about it, but you beat me to it...

Most people say it invented by the chinese or something <_<

Kandy Kitten

Hey Hey! My best friends history teacher told them(class) that too!
do you live in illinois obsessed fan?? cook county?
if so i might know you! ^ ^

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
God I hate you Kandy <_<

'Hey, we know the same peice of information, LOLZ! Here's my location, do you live where I live/!? Lolz, i bet u do since we both learned the same thing from our teachers *teeheehee*, I think i might know you ^ ^ *has seizure*'

Go jump in a bathtub full of staples >_>

Last edited:

unknown_boy

Where's my fluffy?!!
Right, i'm leaving on the roads that lead to my fl
TheMuffinMan said:
God I hate you Kandy <_<

'Hey, we know the same peice of information, LOLZ! Here's my location, do you live where I live/!? Lolz, i bet u do since we both learned the same thing from our teachers *teeheehee*, I think i might know you ^ ^ *has seizure*'

Go jump in a bathtub full of staples >_>
LOL. that was an awsome! No offense kandy

C

cam ron 77

The middle and pointer finger? people used that as the peace sign in the 70's.....thats wierd. but yah, its funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back