• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Our childhoods are being slaughtered...

• Thread starter Deleted member 32967
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 32967

New Rambo sucks.
New Resident Evil sucks.
New Terminator sucks.

I genuinely feel sad for T2 fans right now. :sick:

Hollywood hasn't got a Scooby anymore.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I was at work lol. That and the forums in general are pretty quiet ever since KH3 ripped the fandom apart.

I agree though, that Hollywood really needs to look into doing movies and shows of things that haven't been done before. If you want to make an adaptation of a bestselling book series, there are some that haven't been done yet. Original ideas should be encouraged over a quick buck.

The truth is though, that remakes and sequels make more money (for the most part) than standalone original ideas. Familiarity and nostalgia are very powerful influences. And whenever something original does really well (the new Joker movie for instance), there's a good percentage of those films/games that get popular because of polarizing issues in the media.

Veevee

Awards
First of all, if something sucks, is very subjective. Personally, I feel that KH3 lacks in a lot of aspects, but I still can't dismiss those who like it as "people with bad taste" or something because taste differs. Second, Hollywood has never been a really creative part of the movie industry - they have their shtick of making explosive badass hero's journey action popcorn movies and are very successful for it. Can you criticize them for doing similar / the same things over and over? Yes. Can you criticize their audience for watching the similar / same stuff over and over? Also yes. I'd like innovations as much as everyone else, but there are enough instances when innovations just fail and since they are usually expensive, I can't blame an industry for sticking with what works and thus sells well.
Hollywood doesn't reflect the movie industry as a whole, actually they mostly represent the shiny, backstabbery and most of all so-called "mainstream" of the industry. If you are looking for something different from the mainstream, you have to look elsewhere.

Also, you seem pretty obsesses with making clear that Resident Evil sucks. Well .. maybe you should just let it go?

D

Deleted member 246005

You could just go find something new to enjoy.

Just a thought.

EDIT- I'm not saying your wrong to feel how you feel but there are better ways to channel it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 32967

Yeah. Other people from different forums didn't like me spewing about RE. I was of the opinion though that they are fanboys/girls. 🙄

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Guess I'm lucky that Rambo, Resident Evil and Terminator were never a part of my childhood or, moreover, a part of my life at all. The only experience I've had with any of the three was a Resident Evil movie I was dragged to back in 2007 and I was repulsed by it. Zombie stuff is gross.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sometimes fans need to take into consideration that a product may not necessarily may have been made for their specific demographic. Remember that these Intellectual Properties have been around forever, and the same way we grow, the same way other generations are starting to insert themselves in the market and companies will obviously want a piece of that marketshare. So something "sucking" may not necessarily be a defect of the game, but rather, could be that it wasn't built for us.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, but the crowd that grew up with the original property has every right to despise awful new versions. After all, these things are relying on the nostalgia of those people in order to rake in the dough. You can't market a film / game for those people knowing you're going to give them the middle finger, then dismiss their negative response afterwards.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
The biggest issue with a lot of franchises that are being destroyed now a days is Social Justice agendas. They are trying to push their opinions and beliefs on everyone and when it ultimately fails because they care more about politics influence than making money. They want to force other people to believe the same thing they do by taking beloved franchises and altering them in a way to make others listen to them, but all it does is alienate the fans. They're making way for new people (who aren't really fans) but when doing so they are losing way more than they are gaining. Add to that the fact that the people they're catering to statistically don't spend money frivolously and are only offering support online and top it off with the fact that they then blame the fans and call them toxic instead of looking at themselves delivering a shoddy product which just further pushes away the people who love the franchises in the first place. It happened with Terminator, it happened with Ghostbusters, it's happening with Star Wars. What makes it all the more worse are the apologists/white knights. They defend and defend and defend to shill for the corporation and just accept that the end result is terrible, but they don't care because they didn't pay for it anyway. They call everyone out as -ist and -phobe when you disagree, but in reality they're the ones who are trying to oppress people by making them think what they think. You can see it with the new Ghostbusters movie in production, everyone wants them to include the 2016 cast even though it's a failure as a film and only so they can keep pushing their narrative. A company will never learn their lesson if we don't hit them where it really hurts: the wallet. Stick to your guns, let them know you won't accept them walking all over us or the franchises we love. Pokemon also took a big hit with the whole pokedex cut.

D

Deleted member 32967

Money talks, I guess. 😴

Resident Evil is BS now. Capcom has nothing left, apart from perhaps one more remake. Once they do that one last remake, they will go back to doing lame sequels that copy other games. They're clutching at straws. 🤨

Many fans of that franchise are actually very toxic in general. A few years ago, this Nemesis dude was being targeted by trolls. After I defended the guy, the trolls who criticized him on YouTube made him turn on me. We engaged in a near 2 hour long "live debate" in November on Discord.

They brought this Nicolette McKeown tart into the mix too, making out I harassed her. She is some actress who appears in independent movies made throughout Scotland. She blabs to other people about me, because I said something to her on Twitter in 2016.

People she knows keep on declining me as an extra in their upcoming films, due to crap she has told them. And although I wanted to attempt to sue Nicolette for committing defamation, I cannot do so, as it would apparently cost like 20 grand, or something.

Also, these guys made up nonsense about me killing a rat, so I made a joke about it spreading the G-virus, and then they said I was delusional. Hell, what was I supposed to say to them when they were rambling on and on? 🤤

Ashton69

Awards
Meanwhile, actual children are being slaughtered by ISIS... SUCK ON THAT

DYC9-7-PXk-AU6vcc.jpg

BrightZA

Resident Evil reboot was nice, I mean game. As for the movies, they suck.
Also what about Star Wars? The new trilogy is a total failure.

Back