• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Politics Out of date title

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Aw did we hurt the giant media conglomerate's feelings for funding inhuman policies? Also fck Bob Chapek, he can choke for all I care.

I mean are we really doing this? Defending a hyper capitalistic corporation?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nah, Disney rakes in billions. These aren’t poor underdogs just trying to survive in the world. They are actively playing both sides of the field. Lobbying against LGBTQ+ rights while also trying to sell us their rainbow merchandise in June or give us piss poor gay rep in films? Fuck Disney. Everybody should hate Disney for what they are doing and nobody should be allowing them a pass.

People’s rights >>>>>>>>>> more people’s rights >>>>>>>>>>> Disney

Also fuck Bob Chapek.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Was anyone talking about it here before you made this thread??

D

Deleted member 263385

Disney is only doing this for financial gain not for the betterment of humanity.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Disney is only doing this for financial gain not for the betterment of humanity.
well their not doing it to make things worse either. they just want to stay politically nuetral to piss of as little people as they can and now i gotta delete my other post going into detail about why blaming a corporation as a whole for the actions of Bob Chapeck or some other A-hole in particular is stupid

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
well their not doing it to make things worse either. they just want to stay politically nuetral to piss of as little people as they can and now i gotta delete my other post going into detail about why blaming a corporation as a whole for the actions of Bob Chapeck or some other A-hole in particular is stupid
The corporation has no feelings. A corporation exists for money.

Also there is no such thing as being politically neutral. You either stand for something or you stand for nothing. The closest to neutral would be by funding no lobbies.

By Disney, the corporation, spending money on lobbying against LGBTQ+ rights and funding special interests, they are actively choosing to hurt and erode the rights of LGBTQ+ people. They don’t get to say they are being neutral when they do things like that. And they don’t get to say “well we are featuring LGBTQ+ people in our media” as a way to offset the damage they are doing.

And it isn’t just Chapek making these decisions, and there are plenty of executives and shareholders who are happy to see their money go to these discriminatory lobbies.

Sonofjafar

Awards
EDIT: in related news
Well at least they are willing to change their minds.

anyway, by saying political neutrality doesn’t exist, you’re basically saying everyone who buys Disney is a terrible person and I’m here to say “no. We just want to have some fun without being guilt tripped for it.” I frankly couldn’t care less about Disney’s business tactics so long as their output remains of relatively good quality.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Well at least they are willing to change their minds.

anyway, by saying political neutrality doesn’t exist, you’re basically saying everyone who buys Disney is a terrible person and I’m here to say “no. We just want to have some fun without being guilt tripped for it.” I frankly couldn’t care less about Disney’s business tactics so long as their output remains of relatively good quality.

Now you're putting words in people's mouths. It's '22. Everyone likes something problematic, unfortunately. Unless you know where every stitch of clothing, every ingredient of food you consume comes from, etc. The average person doesn't and is just trying to make it.

But what we aren't going to do is tell people to stop making morally, socially responsible choices they can afford to make in their lives just so you can remain comfortable consuming your favorite entertainment.

Sonofjafar

Awards
i honestly stopped caring about this argument awhile ago. I didn’t know about the lobbying bit when i posted originally. I’m sorry. Now let’s just move on so I don’t have to defend a position I barely care about anymore

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought Pixar had their own corporate heads
They do have their own management and operate independently for the most part as they are allowed to do that, but Disney still has control over the studio and will utilize that when they want to do things like what is stated in the article.

Awards
This is why I tend to seperate the corporation and the people actually making the movies and shit.

The corporate side sucks all kinds of balls.

Back