• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Outlaws (KHiRC Exclusive)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
After the crash, Natalie woke up after being unconscious.
"What is going on?" Natalie thought, leaving the ship seeing everyone together.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
GM POST
Due to Osprey's unavailability for the majority of this week, her character has agreed with the rest of the crew to stay back and watch over the ship while they venture out. She will be unavailable for interaction until she returns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My post:

A loud, ear-piercing shriek rang out around the forest, echoing off the nearby trees. Out from the trees sprinted a massive four legged creature, known as a moonka. The moonka was twice the size of a human, if not larger, its round body and flat face covered in matted brown fur. It had exceptionally long fingers on each of its found hands, pulling up earth as it bounded through the woods. This particular monk's two circular eyes were different sizes from one another, with one eye being over twice the size of the other. The moonka skid to a halt not far in front of the wrecked harbinger and faced the woods, letting out another ear piercing shriek as it's long, monkey-like tail bent in a perfect right angle.

A blond haired girl came flying through the trees shortly after, seemingly propelled by a burst from the shotgun in each of her hands. Calista pressed down hard on a button on the backside of each gun, zooming forward toward the exceptionally hideous beast in front of her. The moonka reared up on its hind legs as Calista neared, now towering high above her. Calista grit her teeth and pointed the grips of her guns directly at the ground and pressed a set of buttons in front of the trigger guards, launching her high above the moonka. She twisted her body around in midair in order to dodge a sweeping fist from the beast, pressing the triggers on the weapons as she soared over the moonka's ugly face. The monster shrieked again as the two lasers slamed right through its head, and it fell to the ground, dead, as Calista landed on her feet behind the beast.

"That's what you get for stealing my damn starfruit!" she screamed at the moonka's corpse before turning to the members of the crew, her eyes wide at seeing the stranded travelers. She raised her guns, aiming them at a young girl (Natalie) and some strange looking dude who was doing pushups for some unknown reason.

"Who the hell are you people?" she asked, staring at the massive ship ahead of her. "What are you doing here?"

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The Doc breaks his pushup routine to look at this strange girl. "I think a better question will be who the hell are you and why are you pointing that weapon at us" The doctor wipes some sweat off his forehead. "I'm not sure if you are some civilized princess or some forest trash but either way I suggest you put that weapon down if you want to avoid a bad time" The doctor starts to slowly approach the strange girl with his voice rising.

"And by the way, tell me if there is a Mcdonalds around here because I need my chicken Nuggets."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Aches drops to his knees, grasping his head with both hands. The painful shrieking aggravates his hangover and concussion, the disoriented man stands up with the aid of his gun and limps over to the towering beast, outstretching his arm with the energy bar.
"FINE, TAKE IT ALREADY YOU SKULL ISLAND PRICK," he exclaims before dropping on the ground. The beast, not acknowledging him, pursues it's target and is swiftly dismantled. The woman aims her absurd weaponry at the crew's two most expendable and demands answers, the pilot grabs for her ankle and again tries to pass off the granola bar
"I'll pay for an encore you odd shounen space lady, do it to the xenophobic clergyman."

Pandymint

Awards
The mute was alive, so that was one less thing to wonder. But now there was a strange young woman in front of them pointing a gun at the girl and the doctor who was rambling on about some kind of nugget. As if that weren't bad enough, Small Fry was becoming delirious and try to give some food to the stranger in exchange for killing two of their crew. His hand immediately covered his face as he dropped his head down, gritting his teeth again. Isabella wasn't back yet either. And with Small Fry doing his thing, they may as well have been down 4 members instead of one. He suddenly realized that everyone was much younger than he, adding to the irritation. Still, he couldn't exactly let the woman kill his crew no matter their expendable-ness nor level of annoyance. He deftly reached down, grabbing the large gray sidearm from its holster and aiming the barrel at the newcomer before beginning speak.

"First of all, ignore Small Fry there," he nodded towards Aches, "He's harmless. ...Mostly. In fact, ignore the weird one as well. Second, I wouldn't get so itchy on the trigger finger just yet. You're still outnumbered and don't know the capabilities of this rag-tag group you've come across.You lower the guns, I lower mine. Quite frankly, girl, I've had enough excitement for one day and for once I'd rather go with a suggestion from earlier and try to talk this out like adults. Neither of us have anything to gain from killing the other. Perhaps you could help us and we could return the favor."

He studied the form before him, watching for any sudden movement. She seemed to be calm for the moment, but he refused to lower his guard or take his finger from the trigger. He didn't want to kill the first person they came across on this planet, but let the chips fall where they may.

"So what do you say, girl? Give me a name, while you're at it. Mine's Zolnerowich."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"Warning; your condition has worsened," the man's holopiece announces.
"Administering emergency recovery serum. Seeing a medical professional is highly recommended."
Motors are heard from Aches' helmet as a cocktail of drugs is injected into his spine. He thrashes around on the ground for a moment before coming to, standing up between two trigger happy aggressors; one of which are on his team. The pilot looks back and forth for a moment while eyeing his Conundrum on the ground. He rolls towards it from the crosshairs and grabs his weapon in one slick motion and aiming it at the mysterious stranger,
"Where the shit did you come from?"

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
"Where do I come from? This is my planet, hard ass," Calista told the helmeted man as he pulled his gun out on her. "Do you always get this antsy when you see a pretty girl?" She walked toward him, holstering her guns on her hip as she moved forward, past the guy who had been doing pushups just a moment ago. She put a hand on the barrel of the helmeted boy's sniper rifle, pointing it toward the ground as she walked by.

"Why don't you put that away before you shoot yourself hotshot? Do you think I'm really scared of some freak with a helmet on and a briefcase chained to his wrist?"

She walked up to the first man to have pulled his gun out on her. The air was still and the breeze was surprisingly absent, the gravel that crunched beneath her boot being the only sound heard as she moved. “You look like the only sane person here,” she told him as she walked his way, ignoring the gun pointed at her head. “I was prepared to do to your friends what I did to that moonka, except I probably would have had an easier time.”

She stuck out her right hand as an invitation for a handshake, cracking a sly smile. “The name’s Calista. I can obviously tell that you guys crashed here, but, like I asked already, you mind telling me why? I hate to be so upfront, but it appears you’re the only one here who is going to give me any answers.”

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
The inside of the ship wasn’t looking as bad as Via had feared. She made her way to the elevator, but decided it probably wasn’t the safest choice right now. It seemed to work, but the day had been quite full enough with danger already. So stairs it was. Via looked behind her, only to see that she was alone. Guess the others didn’t notice her going to search the ship already. Xelex would probably follow behind soon, might as well leave the first floor to him. Second floor had kitchen, the best place to usually find the crew members, so it was a good place to start. Grabbing some stuff from the Medical Bay might come handy too, so she decided to head there first.

Before Via could get to the end of the stairs, she heard a loud shriek. It was clearly a big animal, she could hear it running towards the ship, but it didn’t sound familiar to her. Falla had lots of megafauna too, but nothing that sounded like that. After hesitating for a while, not sure if it would be a good idea to go check it out, she decided that the rest of the crew could handle it without her just fine. Taking down big animals was something she was very familiar with, but it was always a group effort. Chasing them, waiting for the tranquilizer darts and poison knives to do their job. In the current situation she wouldn’t be of much help, the guys could shoot it down just fine. Or maybe the doctor could work some beast taming magic, would be about time he showed his hidden skills. And as she expected, she soon heard the beast fall down. The gun didn’t sound familiar, but that was nothing new. The boys liked to modify their toys, probably a new upgrade again.

The Medical Bay was looking pretty battered, and the only things she could salvage were basic bandages, antibacterial wipes and weak painkillers. It wasn’t much, but could be enough to prevent an infection or stop bleeding if needed. Via was familiar with most medicinal plants and herbs of her own planet, but that was probably not going to be very useful here. Poisons were no problem, she could identify most toxins by smell and taste, and thanks to her inari heritage she had a pretty good resistance for almost all of them, so as long as there were plants, she could make something up. Her mother had vast knowledge in herbal healing, and Via had picked up stuff here and there from her, but nothing she would want to try in real situations unless absolutely necessary. Most poisons and healing agents tasted and smelled very similar, and a mistake could make things even worse.

On her way to the kitchen, Via heard a voice from outside she didn’t recognize. A girl? Maybe it was best to head outside after all. Wild animals were one thing, but whenever the group met strangers, it somehow always ended up with someone at gunpoint… After quickly peeking into the kitchen and seeing it was empty, she headed back down the stairs. Better go check it out after all. Hopefully the missing two had already gotten out.

Pandymint

Awards
Oh great, he thought, he's making an ass of himself yet again.

Xelex remained still, ignoring Aches' sudden intrusion. Miraculously, the newcomer didn't seem to either. With a cool attitude that Xelex couldn't help but respect she entirely dismissed the masked fool's action. To his surprise, she easily holstered her weapons and approached him, naming herself and offering a hand. Calista had an air about her, one that said she was no stranger to conflict and had experience in similar situations. Confidence even in the face of the unknown. It was respectable, he thought. Respectable enough to return the favor in kind. He relaxed his arm, dropping the gun and sliding it into the holster with a smooth motion that ended in grabbing the offered hand in a firm shake.

"Xelex. You already met Small Fry. Weird one is Doctor Layfield, and the quiet one is Natalie. Lucky for you, I'm the only sane one here at the moment. There are others, but they're busy. You just happened to get here at a bad time. To answer your question, shit hit the fan for us. Running a job for a man, and the deal went south. He's dead and we escaped, but they chased us. Took out a wing on our ship, causing an impromptu emergency landing on your planet," he took a cursory glance at the ship before returning to Calista, "Now maybe you can return the favor? We're obviously stranded, and could use some direction to a town or an outpost. Civilization, in other words. Need to get supplies, see if we can contact someone about ship repair."

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Calista released the handshake, nodding in understanding at Xelex's words.

"Well, it's nice to meet you all I guess," Calista said, albeit still a bit uncomfortable in the presence of so many strangers. She sighed, and mulled her options over in her head. This could all be a trap, but Xelex at least seemed sincere enough. If it came to it, she could always activate the underground barrier around the settlement and fry them all. She couldn't help feel sorry for the crew, as suspicious as she was about their whole situation. Despite her better judgement, she couldn't just leave them behind. Besides, the extra credits for getting their ship repaired would be pretty nice.

"Alright Xelex, I tell you what," Calista said. The settlement where I live is at the base of this mountain, right at the start of a valley, and fortunately for you guys this peak isn't that high up. If we get moving soon I can get you there by nightfall, but we'll have to move pretty swiftly if we want to make it. I've been hunting in these woods behind us all morning, so if we get moving the path ahead should still be pretty clear and free of any danger. There will be food and whatever else you all need as soon as we get there, should you have the credits to pay for it. My uncle could probably repair your ship as well, so I'll talk to him when we get there."

She looked around at the broken crew that was standing outside, and hoped Xelex's words were true that there were more like him on the ship.

"I'm leaving here in five minutes, so have everyone who is coming with me meet at the start of the woods by then, with anything they might need from the ship already in hand," she said. "If anyone does anything stupid or pulls out a weapon without me saying anything, what I did to that moonka will look like a gentle massage compared to what I'll do to them."

Claista nodded to Xelex before turning away, hoping he caught everything she said. She walked over to the edge of the cliff nearby, and slowly sat down, attempting to catch her breath. What a wild day it had been already. She looked out to the mountains that spread out ahead of her, their mad arches and spiny texture piercing the clear blue sky. She wondered if anyone else could be on one of those, even if far off in the distance.

A light breeze kicked up as she sat there, and she closed her eyes and took it all in. As she sat there, ignoring whatever might be going on with the crew behind her, she couldn't help but wonder about them and what they were really doing here.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
"Just hold on for a second lady, I think my team should discuss within themselves on something" The doctor tries to huddle up the group with a bit of distance from the strange girl so she couldn't hear them. Via hasn't left the ship yet so she isn't involved. "Just why are we so willing to trust that chick huh. Last time I trusted anybody that white trash Acne caused all to crash here. This Calista girl might be using us as bait to feed to hungry gigantic amazon women. I've mention it before but I'm no piece of bacon for huge amazon women. And if we die that way, I'm going to kick all of your asses."

"I have much better idea. People forget but I can hypnotize folks so we should tie up the girl and let me work my magic. I can get her to tell the truth about this place so we don't fall into a trap and get us killed. I can get her to tell us what this place really is about and find a way out of here"

"So who is with me?"

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It took Isabella a long time to finally get out of her room after what had obviously been a crash. The door hadn't wanted to open up and she had also hit her head badly. Why exactly had they crashed and what had happened afterwards?
She made her way through the ship, only to realize that no one seemed to be inside anymore, so she headed outside. Had they been under attack? And if so, were the attackers still on their toes? This day could in no possible way get any worse, now could it?

She could spot the others from one of the broken windows, glad that all of them seemed to be okay. Well, almost all of them, because not everyone was around. Hopefully they hadn't gotten into trouble or worse. Xelex seemed to just have had a conversation with a woman now heading away from them all. What was this planet?
Isabella walked towards the others, inspecting the environment and wondering. No persuers? The group seemed to be pretty fine all things considered.
"Hey, is everyone alright? I couldn't get out of my room so it took a while, I'm sorry." She left out the part about her head, even though she wasn't entirely sure if it wasn't obvious, as there was probably a small bump on her temple.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Via peeked outside from the door to see what was happening. An unfamiliar girl was walking away from the ship, and the doctor seemed to be babbling something weird again, but overall the situation looked calm. She walked up to the others, just in time to hear the newest great plan about hypnotizing someone.

“What’s going on here? Oh, Isabella, Natalie, I’m glad to see you’re alright” she said with a smile, before looking at the stranger that vanished into the forest. “I hope you guys didn’t already make a new enemy… we really don’t need anything more to deal with. What happened? I heard some wild beast running this way, but looks like that got taken care of already”. The huge corpse was lying next to the ship. It was definitely nothing like the cute fluffy rabbits and felines of Falla. Of course. Why would anything nice and pretty ever come after them. Nothing but ugly spaceships, angry men and hairy monsters. What a life.

Pandymint

Awards
"Doc, I don't think we have anything to worry about yet. I'm confident she was honest. And besides, it's the best we've got," he stated matter-of-factly, "what are our options? We either take a chance on an actual place with people or we're stuck in the woods. I'd at least give the former a shot."

Of course he realized that it sounded a little strange. Trust a new person no one had ever known, and who could probably kill them? Normally Xelex wouldn't go for that. However, he sensed no malice or ill-will in her words. Except maybe for threatening the crew if they stepped out of line. Still, it would be fantastic if they could get to an actual town. Better still if her uncle could actually repair the ship. The issue then is payment. They weren't rich, and hadn't even been paid for the last job. He mused that they could perhaps do the odd job around said village, or maybe even find a buyer for whatever was in that briefcase.

He couldn't think on it for much longer, however, as his thoughts were interrupted by the appearance of Isabella and Via. Isabella had been stuck in her room it appeared, Xelex couldn't help but chuckle. Via was the ever-present mediator, expressing worry over new enemies. It was a relief of its own to have one member who wasn't such a violent person. Or weird.

"Good timing, guys. That was Calista. She's a local, and says she can take us to the village she's from. Says her uncle might be able to repair our ship. I know it might seem a little strange to immediately trust someone, but it might be our best shot for now. If you're coming with, grab whatever you might need and make it quick. We leave in five minutes."

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
"Repair our ship? Sounds great and all, but you do remember we don't even have the money to pay for the ship, let alone its repair?" Isabella asked cautiously, not interested in getting attacked after the ship was repaired for not having the money to pay up. Sure, they might make some money out of that damn case that had gotten them into this trouble, but who knew if anyone on this planet was even interested in that thing, whatever it was?

Then she sighed in defeat.
"Can't say I have a much better plan at hand though, so count me in," she finally agreed, hoping it just wouldn't be another suicide mission. They got lucky last time, but who knew for how long? At least everyone seemed okay for now.

"Maybe if we explain our situation thoroughly we can make a deal to pay them back for the repair other than with the few credits each of us has. Sure, there are some...extravagant personalities among us," and she couldn't help but shoot a disapproving gaze towards their so-called doctor. "But I'd say we still have a pretty decent array of different talents and experiences to possibly be of help here, right?"

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
"Hm, if you feel she was trustworthy then I guess I'll take your word for it. I agree with Isabella, we don't really have any other choice right now. We might be able to sell some stuff from the ship to pay for at least part of the repairs" Via suggested. The ship could fly without some of the comforts, and they really needed to get out of that planet and far away from Enigma as soon as possible. "And I suppose we always have whatever is in that case. It should be the last thing we sell though, if everything else fails. Not only do I feel it will be of use to us later, it might also bring the locals trouble. We're already in this deep, we shouldn't get anyone else involved if possible". Of course there was no knowing if leaving parts of their ship to the locals could also make Enigma target them if they found out... but they really couldn't afford to care that much right now.

"Well, I'm ready to go when you guys are. I already grabbed what I need from the ship".

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
"Just hold on for one second" As the doctor urges the group to keep being huddle up. "Why risk falling into a trap when I mention I can hypnotize her and make her tell the truth? Why are you homies so gullible that just cause a blond girl comes a long with a gun she needs to be trustworthy. Huh don't you see what an obvious trap this is. One extremely handsome man and his group will make a great bargaining tool for some carnivore tribe in this jungle."

"Instead Acne and Xelex just need to hold her down and let me get to work my magic of hypnotizing her. Then I can get all the answers from her without risking a trap. You guys and gals can't just ignore me where lives are at stake. I am a doctor you have to trust my judgment here" The doctor finish talking out of breath because this was a long ramble.

"Trust is for the weak and I'm no chicken"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Aches stood up and listened to the exchanges from all members of the group. The only other trained killers are trusting a stranger, the weird religious nut was doing aerobics and talking about bondage, the bird was probably building a nest in the ship to feed her young, and the pilot himself kept blacking out. His condition was stable but only for a day or so.
"Some dragon lady comes along and shakes her ass, you folks are on board with it? Some backwoods space technician that can fix a highly advanced ship? Her movie rhetoric is almost as bad as mine! She could easily be full of shit, lets be real Zaxbys." He looked at his suitcase, and back at the ship- Alerts and red areas everywhere, smoke bellowing from it. She was their only lead to getting off of this rock, but the doctor was right in his own strange way.

"Alright, fine. You got me. Lead the way but remember this: if you try anything, you're surrounded by a team of the most dangerous people in the solar system and Christian- meaning we'll kill you and he'll probably marry what's left." The skeptic holsters his gun and follows 20 yards behind the trio in front, activating his holopiece's coms.
"Don't let her out of your site X. Signal if anything happens"

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Calista stood up and dusted off her blue cloak before moving. She picked up the black metal case that was sitting on the ground next to the ship, and peeked into it. There was a mysterious looking shard set in a seemingly specially made protective foam inside of the case. The air around the case became extremely cold, and so Calista shut it quickly. Carrying the case, she walked back to the front of the group.

"Listen, I know some of you don't trust me," she said. "Frankly, you have no reason to. I'm not even sure what I'm doing here, but I promise I'll do what we can to fix your ship and you off of this planet."

Calista was truthful in her words, except for deep down, she did know what she was doing. Part of her didn't want to admit it, but she hoped that by helping them fix their ship, the crew would let her fly with them. She was dying to know what other planets out there were like beyond those nearby.

She then turned and headed down into the trees, walking down the gently sloping mountain in hopes that the others would follow. Day soon turned to evening, and as the sky turned orange, the sprawling valley at the base of the mountain came into view, with her settlement, the town of Aven, visible below. Lighting was low in the village still, the sunset illuminating the town's skyline on its own. Now at the base of the mountain, Calista turned back around to the group that had been following behind her.

"We won't be able to enter the village, I'm afraid. The locals aren't accustomed to strangers, so I don't want to frighten them with an entire crew of you. My father has a large workshop just outside of the city walls, you can all stay there for the night," she said. Calista turned around and continued onward, east of the village to a modestly sized workshop on the outskirts of the town. Metal parts and gadgets were organized in perfectly neat piles in the front yard. The building itself was made of specially made brick formed by fusing clay and metal, and provided a sturdy foundation with its enforced roof.

She swung open the door, and inside was a robot, with a wheel instead of legs that made him a bit taller than her, that she herself had built.

"Welcome home, Calista," the droid said in his automated voice. Upon seeing the crew, his eyes suddenly grew red. "Oh, oh dear. Stranger danger. Paging-"

"Stop, Neil, they're safe," Calista told the robot. The color from his eyes disappeared, and he backed off. "Where's my uncle?"

"He went out for food. Will be back soon," the robot responded.

"Hmmm, okay," Calista said, turning around and beckoning to the robot, as well as the room behind her, which was empty save for a table and a couple of stools. "This is my droid, N3-1-L, or Neil. He's not equipped for combat, so no need to worry."

Just then, a black-haired girl came strolling through from a door in the back of the room. "That's Glory," Calista said, introducing the girl. "She came with us after we delivered materials to her home planet."

It wasn't long until a short, but strong looking older man came from the door, many bags of groceries in his hands.

"Oh...uhh, who is all of this?" he said, nearly dropping his bags.

"Uncle Cesar," Calista told him, running up to her uncle, "they need a place to stay tonight." She could see the obvious concern on her uncle's face, and quickly explained to him what she knew of the group's situation.

"Very well," her uncle sighed. "But we'll be out in the morning to get the ship fixed, and they'll be on their way." He looked around before asking them, "From what Calista said, it sounds like your ship is pretty bad. How much money do you all have?"

Muke

whatever
Awards
Glory was quiet. As soon as she saw all the strangers, she was determined not to trust them, no matter what they want.
She didn't know what to say. Should she say nothing? Give everyone a handshake? Greet them?
She analyzed everyone as best as she could and thought about what kinds of persons they'd be.

"Hello."

As Cesar allowed them to stay - or at least, considering allowing them -, she got furious inside.
"With all due respect... Do we really want to trust them? I think we should reconsider."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back