• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Overlooked Details as RE:Mind approaches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hovogenius

With the new trailer dropping and giving us a glimpse into the DLC and additional dialogue from the master of masters. I have to say some other information was released that I wanted to touch upon. So with the UX Timeline getting updates and closing in on the end of the story arc, one charterer that hasn't had any info is Darkness. There are probably 100s of posts that might say what im going to say but I can give evidence for my reasoning. Im not saying that MOM is Darkness but its highly likely, a little backstory, I was going through FFXV DLC Episode Ardyn where, Ardyn, takes his role as the darkness from Bahamut so Noctis "The True King" may defeat him and end the life of the cursed person and save everyone. any similarities? KH3 has references to FFXV and Yazora being a focus in the extra scene with the same name. In the scene MOM does something that seems like a goof and frames the moon before creating the heart. Playing the DLC Ardyn makes this same gesture, its used as a way to target for his Dark Tornado attack. Lets solidify another link if MOM believes the higher powers (if the TWEWY link is to be believed, is MOM an Exiled Angel from the higher realms?) like the gods in FFXV have given him a ROLE as he has to other than accepting the role of Darkness against the light to create a "true light" AKA "True King" that is briefly mentioned in the new trailer. Have we even seen the true kingdom hearts? is there a time loop?
Just a small detail the overlapping FFXV nods cant be coincidental? As soon as I saw the finger framing in episode Ardyn I instantly thought of MOM as the somnis rearrangement plays.
Let me know what you think?

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 20
  • ardyn.jpg
    ardyn.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 20

okhi12

Awards
Are you trying to say that the universes of FFXV and KH3 are connected? That seems a bit farfetched, like you're mixing too many concepts.
There is no reason to think that KH takes place in the same or a similar universe than that of FFXV, nor the fabula nova crystallis one (which included Nomura's original idea of Versus XIII). Even if Nomura rescues some ideas from his cancelled vision of Versus to use them in future KH games is still not the same setting and mythos that VS XIII would have had nor those of XV. The TWEWY link is much more likely, we'll see.

hovogenius

No that the themes are tied. the characters are doing similar things could be a reference to what the story could be like.

okhi12

Awards
Nomura seems to hold a grudge against the fact that he had to give up Versus, and he was very invested in that project. At the very least he seems to be salty and frustrated about it. Would he reference FFXV which was remade with Tabata's vision instead of his? I'm not sure if he harbors any personal resentment towards Tabata, but I for sure don't see him as someone willing to reference a FFXV that is not what he envisioned for Versus.
I mean, XV is supposed to still retain some elements from when it was being developed as Versus, but the plot was supposedly mostly rewrited while keeping character design and names. The characters and their final roles were changed to some extent as well.
Any similarity between upcoming KH games and XV would be derived from the Versus elements that are still present in XV and not from Nomura wanting to reference XV.
Of course, I could be wrong. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think Nomura would purposedly guide the future of the KH series using XV or how its characters behave as a reference, unless XV and the original Versus are more similar than many hardcore fans think they are. Who knows, Nomura's way of thinking is not easy to decipher, anyway.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura seems to hold a grudge against the fact that he had to give up Versus, and he was very invested in that project. At the very least he seems to be salty and frustrated about it. Would he reference FFXV which was remade with Tabata's vision instead of his? I'm not sure if he harbors any personal resentment towards Tabata, but I for sure don't see him as someone willing to reference a FFXV that is not what he envisioned for Versus.
I mean, XV is supposed to still retain some elements from when it was being developed as Versus, but the plot was supposedly mostly rewrited while keeping character design and names. The characters and their final roles were changed to some extent as well.
Any similarity between upcoming KH games and XV would be derived from the Versus elements that are still present in XV and not from Nomura wanting to reference XV.

It's exactly this.

Being removed from XV drove Nomura into deep depression, to the point where he decided to adopt two cats to help him heal. It's clear he still hasn't gotten over it and is trying to salvage as many of his original ideas into his other projects (KH3 moreso than FF7R).

Back