• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Passion adaptations?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rioraku

I was wondering if anyone thinks that Passion would have an orchestrated version. Seeing as that's how it was done with Hikari....do you think it would sound good or is Passion not the kind of song that can be played in any other way than it is now?
Also, though it seems more likely, do you think it will have an English version for the American release of the game, and what would it be called?

Last edited:

Legato_Blue

Re: Passion adaptaions?

well the clip of passion that we heard was kinda weak if you ask me. i hope its just like the light part of the chorus or something cuase i thought that it was really boring for a Utada song. if thats what the whole song sounds like i dont think they should make an orchestrated version.

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
yes, I agree. It was really weak compared to Simple and Clean. However, I heard simple and clean is going to be in it in the end. It's going to be the intrumental for the commercial, as was posted here, and as a demo in the opening. Passion could've been more grasping. I hope they have a remix. I hope the chorus is alot better(if that isen't the chorus). It was a dissappointment. At least, if you're going to take the original theme song out you should make the next one just as good or better.

Rioraku

I suppose no matter what,it will be met with mixed feelings and opinions lol.

Whispered.Hope

Wow. I can't imagine there being an orchestrated version of Passion. Passion doesn't seem like it could be just instrumental, seeing as its bascially just drums. I wonder how that'll be like. Maybe they'd take away the vocals and just leave it as that.

I hope there won't be an English version, as that would mess up an already good song, but I'm still interested to see how it'll turn out. Maybe they'll keep the same name, seeing as it's in English already. Wait 'n see, I suppose.

LoyalSubject

subject to the king
what theres drums in it too y god y did u have to make my computer slow and now i cant watch it till tomorrow y? -_- now i know ill like the song if theres a lot of percussion in it yeh for us drummers :)

DannyKilla

yeah...drums are the $HIT, too bad i havent heard passion yet..:( I dont want to get into details why i cant tho...its already been brought up.

Hybrid Keyblade

Well..theres Passion -Single Version- and Passion -After the Battle-...now why on earth do you think they'd make an after the battle version? Hmm?..Tricky aint it...Maybe Passion - AtB is like..stronger and more emotional or something..like how KH opened with Simple and Clean Remix, and ended with a slower more emotional version..Weee

Whispered.Hope

'After the battle' fits rather well for the end theme version. If you think about it, KH II is all about battles, inner and outer. What better way to capture that feeling then an 'after the battle' version? ^__^

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
~after the battle~ is supposedly more piano influenced, the vocals are sang differently, but the lyrics remain the same. This was said in a Japanese magazine article.

Whispered.Hope

I still can't wrap my mind around a piano version of Passion xD Where would all the drums go? xP But I'm interested to see how the vocals will be sung.

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
soraworldseen said:
yes, I agree. It was really weak compared to Simple and Clean. However, I heard simple and clean is going to be in it in the end. It's going to be the intrumental for the commercial, as was posted here, and as a demo in the opening. Passion could've been more grasping. I hope they have a remix. I hope the chorus is alot better(if that isen't the chorus). It was a dissappointment. At least, if you're going to take the original theme song out you should make the next one just as good or better.

Is this your interpretation of the music clip or the entire song?

You can download the song and music video here. You can go here for the lyrics if it'll help give you a better understanding of the song.

Last edited:

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
I'm kinda wondering what you disliked about it. The rythym(sp?) was from both her Japanese career and her English career, maybe that's why it sounds weird. She also had REVERSED English lyrics in there too. Another reason you might've disliked it.

Whispered.Hope

Maybe the fact that they can't understand it is making it dislikable. So when comparing one that they know to one that they don't, the choice is obvious. Still, you can only compare Passion with Hikari. It'd make the most sense.

And I never understood these 'reversed' lyrics concept xD

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Well, at Utada-Online(a fansite), some of the users there reversed some of her songs. I guess she dropped by the site, like the "reversed" song idea, and put it into Passion to please her fans. I think that was very nice of her to do.

Last edited:

Whispered.Hope

Reversed as in put the last bit first and the first bit last? Or like...literally sing it backwards kind of reversed? >__>;

Either way, I agree. That's nice of her to pick up on that and do it. Worked out just great IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back