• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Passion Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusader

Skåne, Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol system, Milkyway
Re: Pa-Pa-Pa PASSION!!!!

Rikkuk said:
Speaking of Hikari-Does anyone know where to find the hikari music video?

And I think it says, "I need more affection than you know."
Yeah, that must be what shes singing. Or shes having a really hard time saying "Passion".
When I heard it reversed the first time and I had read that it was "I need more passion than you know." I was wondering why she said "passion" so wrong and if she would do the same in the english version if the word "passion" was in the lyrics.
I think the only reason why many think its passion is becaus its the name of the song. Myself I think she bether in english than that.

Ultima Monkey

Website
www.myspace.com

I agree with Whispered Hope. The english translation of Passions can't be the exact lyrics in English. They have to change it a bit so it makes a litle more sense in Enlgish. The lyrics are beautiful as they are but they'lll sound weird if she sings them the way they are...you know what I mean? Since the lyrics are so awesome I bet the english version will be just stunning! = )

Palomino

They'll change the lyrics, that's for sure. But I hope that they don't change the title :D Passion english translation is PHENOMENAL (Yes, I know it starts with a F)!!!!!!!!!!! The Japanese lyrics, too...
About comparing Passion to Hikari... Passion video is better, no competition there, but still, for me, Hikari is better as a song. BUT! If we compare Passion and the opening theme of KH (Not Dearly Beloved, PLANIT-b remix :)), Passion wins. Maybe the ending version will overtop Hikari for me... I hope so. Not that I hate Hikari (as you can see, I love it), just that I would like to listen to an ending theme better than it...

Last edited:

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de

hihi Thanx NarutoEXE for the Hikari video. That's really the coolest idea ever, regarding that they didn't have much time. But you're right she looked a cute washing the dishes, she doesn't look so good in the Passion vid. If she really washed dishes like this, I suppose it takes her quite a long time everyday.

I think in the Passion video they should have shown her, how she very passionately changes the blankets or even better, brushes the toilet...

... infinite possibilities

Rikkuk

Whispered.Hope said:
Is this the English translation? Most of it I agree with. Some lines I don't. These aren't the English lyrics for the English version of "Passion", though, ne? That isn't out yet, is it?
What don't you agree on? I shorted up remember back then, long back...
What else is there? I though my dear friend is having a child is weird but thats what they are.

Crusader-I'm sure shes saying affection because Hikki doesn't have a accent. So why would she say passion like that?

And thanks again NaurtoEXE!!!

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de

I believe she says passion instead of affection in reverse mode.

You're obviously right that it sounds strange, and for a person speaking English so good, this is quite odd. But if you listen really carefully, she says it twice, starting the first time only very short before starting the second one (<1 sec), so the strange sound might come from the superposition of both voice tracks, similar to a canon (if this is the english word)

Whispered.Hope

Remember, the whole reversed line is also echoed and layered on top of each other. She has no problem speaking English, so that effect could just make it hard to make out what she's saying.

Murr, I dunno. The translation is pretty good. Just some of the literal translations isn't fitting. (ie. They say 'haruka' twice, 'far, far'.) But it sounds better if you don't directly translate it. As well, I believe that whole "Is to have a child in winter" is something more like "I hear that the child is born in the winter".

Rikkuk

But shes saying that her friend or old boyfriend is giving birth or having a child in the winter, isn't she?
Or is it she just heard that her old friend is going to have a child?
And how does that relate to KH2!?

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net

No idea....Maybe we shouldn't be looking at the lyrics. But at the song to look for a deeper meaning. Like in the music video, it seems as if Hikki is trying to be free or something.

Rikkuk

It would help if we knew more about the story of Kingdom Hearts 2. A more detailed plot...or sumthing.

Whispered.Hope

Murr, I don't think every single line has to have a direct correlation to the game. But more info on KH II would be nice T__T

And I agree. It's like Hikki wants to be free of the past that hurts, as it used to have so much promise and and good memories that never really came to be.

Rikkuk

Thatt really does sound like it the idea of the song! And in a way makes me think of Kingdom Hearts II-the whole idea of wanting to be free of the past.

M

Mitsukai

Does anybody know where I could get a hold of some Romaji Lyrics? because I actually like to sing hte japanese of the song and not just know what they mean in english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back