• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pegasus Clan(?) in Twilight Town

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaebora

Heya folks, so I haven't played chi. At all. No laptop. :(. But I just started on kh2 final mix, and I noticed a lot of the horned Pegasus stuff throughout the twilight town mansion. Like A LOT. Seeing that I haven't played chi, can yall tell me what's up?

Ps: I don't remember if the broken table in the room to your immediate left is explained later, or if it's a reference in chi. Thanks guys!!!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
None of it is related to Chi. It's just a coincidence.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
None of it is related to Chi. It's just a coincidence.

Right now it is, but who knows if Nomura decides (or has already decided) to eventually link the Mansion in Twilight Town to the Unicornis Union?
As far as I know Twilight Town doesn't exist (yet) in Chi, right?
If it's one day introduced and the Mansion turns out to be the HQ of Unicornis (or just the summer residence of the Foreteller) we would have a connection. *ggg*

Gaebora

K thanks. Just thought it was a neat extra. Can't wait to finish my replays and start chi some day~

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Still, the Twilight Town mansion is strange in a lot of ways. I've always had a feeling that some important content was not revealed here or has been cut from the game.
What about the broken tower model on the main floor, the paintings that show different worlds, that it features two different command styles and of course the symbology it uses throughout the house?
OldMansionSigil2.png

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Still, the Twilight Town mansion is strange in a lot of ways. I've always had a feeling that some important content was not revealed here or has been cut from the game.
What about the broken tower model on the main floor, the paintings that show different worlds, that it features two different command styles and of course the symbology it uses throughout the house?
OldMansionSigil2.png

I agree. I just went through the mansion as Roxas yesterday and I was reminded how odd it is. It has a beautiful yet ominous feeling to it (at least to me). Plus, like you mentioned, that broken model, Namine's room, and the other symbology makes me wonder if there is more to the mansion then we've seen so far. Also, am I the only one who has always wanted to go outside in that outside back area with the Pegaus statue?

Gram

Banned
Awards
That'd honestly be a neat connection to Chi for Nomura to make if he even remembers the mansion. lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The Mansion could either be connected to Chi, or not. The Mansion has obviously suffered from people fighting inside of it, seeing as how, when you examined some parts of the Mansion, that would be pointed-out. Either the Unicornis were ambushed by another faction, or something unrelated to Chi happened, such as a Heartless/Nobody/both attack on DiZ and Riku, or Riku somehow got into an outbreak from the darkness inside of him and DiZ somehow helped him control it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
That mansion sure is mysterious.

Roxas was born in front of it. Of course Nobodies are born in the Realm Between, but seeing how the mansion becomes fairly important later on, it's strange that Roxas appears there, of all the places in all the worlds in the Realm Between.
The pods and other tech, as well as Naminé's room, were probably already present before DiZ holed up there
If they were, where did they come from? Why are those rooms stylistically consistent with Castle Oblivion?
And if they weren't, why did DiZ choose that mansion in the first place?

What happened that caused all the wreckage?
Why is there a unicorn bust, of all the things for Nomura to put there, why something that we now know represents a Union?

Very strange.

Could Ansem the Wise have ties to Unicornis/The Foretellers, as we assume Xehanort has ties to the sixth apprentice?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Roxas was born in front of it.
Is it safe to assume that he was born right in front of it? What if he was just traversing through Twilight Town, found his way into the Mansion, and Xemnas got to him there?

The pods and other tech, as well as Naminé's room, were probably already present before DiZ holed up there
If they were, where did they come from? Why are those rooms stylistically consistent with Castle Oblivion?
And if they weren't, why did DiZ choose that mansion in the first place?
Wasn't it confirmed that they moved Sora's pod from Castle Oblivion to the Twilight Mansion?

Why are those rooms stylistically consistent with Castle Oblivion?
Either it was just a design decision, or there's more to it. What if the Mansion is actually Ansem's iteration of a Chamber of Repose? Sora and the others were sleeping in their pods, reposing in them.

What happened that caused all the wreckage?
It could be tied to Chi, or not. Perhaps Riku battled Nobodies/Heartless/both in there? Perhaps the darkness inside of him turned him berserk and DiZ had to do something to him? Perhaps the Mansion truly is tied to Chi and the Unicornis were ambushed there, or they conquered that mansion by fighting whoever lived there or just found it there?

Why is there a unicorn bust, of all the things for Nomura to put there, why something that we now know represents a Union?

Very strange.
I wouldn't read too much into the unicorn bust, seeing as how I doubt Nomura had Chi in mind by the time he made Kingdom Hearts II.

Could Ansem the Wise have ties to Unicornis/The Foretellers, as we assume Xehanort has ties to the sixth apprentice?
What if Ansem is actually one of the Foretellers or their Grand Master, or at least, the reincarnation?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Is it safe to assume that he was born right in front of it? What if he was just traversing through Twilight Town, found his way into the Mansion, and Xemnas got to him there?
He was pretty much a super-zombie when he was just born, so I don't know if that's necessarily likely. But maybe.
Wasn't it confirmed that they moved Sora's pod from Castle Oblivion to the Twilight Mansion?
Even so, there's a ton of equipment in that mansion, including several other pods.
And why are those pods there? Why was there one in Castle Oblivion, even?
I wouldn't read too much into the unicorn bust, seeing as how I doubt Nomura had Chi in mind by the time he made Kingdom Hearts II.
That's true. But Nomura didn't necessarily have to be thinking ahead. Rather, when creating the Foretellers, he might have been thinking in hindsight.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Even so, there's a ton of equipment in that mansion, including several other pods.
I just had a thought: what if the Foretellers, their Grand Master or the Sixth Apprentice-Not-A-Foreteller (lol) is/are dormant in a pod and are doing things by manipulating others?

Gram

Banned
Awards

They're there because DiZ moved them there. Your forgetting that DiZ had been in that mansion awhile before he brought Namine and Sora to it.

Secret Ansem Report 7

While beings born of darkness and those lacking hearts may find them convenient, it is dangerous for others to make much use of the corridors of darkness. Darkness erodes the heart.

In search of a place to proceed with my research and planning away from prying eyes, I found myself in Twilight Town. It is a quiet village, forgotten in the chasm between light and darkness. I situated myself in the basement of an abandoned mansion standing beyond the woods. My underground research resulted in one new discovery after another.

When a Heartless is born, the body and soul left behind are reborn into this world as a different being. They possess different intentions than their Heartless brethren, and while it is unclear what these sentiment "things" are after, it would appear they are responsible for much bedlam in the world.

My erstwhile friend the King and his subjects, along with a hero wielding the Keyblade, are battling the Heartless even as a new threat approaches. This new threat...they have given themselves a fitting name, I suppose. These non-beings: "Nobodies."

A great number of Nobodies have lost human form, as have the Heartless. Yet the Nobody born of someone with a strong heart retains its shape, with but the faintest visible changes.

It appears my betrayers have retained their human forms as Nobodies, and are gathering more followers in hopes of furthering a new scheme.

"Organization XIII," formed of 13 Nobodies with my betrayers at its core, has divided into two; they are said to be carrying out some sort of research.

Seeking to uncover the plans of this Organization, I have decided to where 6 of its members have gathered. Towering over the outer limbs of the realm between darkness and light: Castle Oblivion.

DiZ had been at that mansion for an unspecified amount of time. Here he remarks how his apprentices formed the Org and how he found the mansion after escaping.
Since we don't know when exactly he escaped his banishment that leaves at least a 9 to 10 year gap for him to have settled there.

As for the pods, remember that the Org was Diz's apprentices. They all studied the same research it's just that Diz had the moral to stop after a point and they didn't. What this means is that those pods could very well be his since he and Vexen were on the same research.

It's confirmed he moved Sora and Namine there after CoM which covers one year but there's an unknown amount of time before that for him to have set everything else up.
As for Namines room, well, in a world full of disney magic I doubt it'd take long for her to change it to her preference.

Ballad of Caius said:
Is it safe to assume that he was born right in front of it?

Yes. Xemnas found him as he had just formed: KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days Ultimania - Timeline - 358/2 Days - Kingdom Hearts Insider
This is the timeline from the Days ultimania. Roxas is born in Twilight Town the same day Namine is born in Castle Oblivion. Xemnas finds him soon after. Of course all this happens shortly after Sora turned heartless in KH1 cause that was the process that gave rise to them.

A fun thought though. If the fan theory that Namine was born in CO because of Sora's ties to Ventus then what does that mean for Roxas? Perhaps it's Ventus that has the ties to TT and it's mansion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A fun thought though. If the fan theory that Namine was born in CO because of Sora's ties to Ventus then what does that mean for Roxas? Perhaps it's Ventus that has the ties to TT and it's mansion.

You think along the lines of some of the old theories of the mansion being an orphanage in the past where Ventus lived before found by Xehanort (I can recall some of those were based on the "fact" that Ven was mentioned to be an orphan in one of the novels)?

That would be one hell of a history for one measly mansion, wouldn't it?
Possibly starting out as a meeting place/HQ for one of the Foreteller unions, later possibly turned orphanage and then even later becoming Luigi's Diz's mansion.

kreezy64

Awards
I'm looking around the mansion right now and there is all the Unicorn stuff but then in the big main room, if you look on the walls there are these sconce type things lining the whole lower half. From a distance, they look like Eraqus' symbol, but when you get closer they are actually the heads of larger cats. Possibly could be Leopardos? Thoughts on this? I encourage you to take a look for yourself if you get a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back