• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Persona 5 Royal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I just started playing this. It’s the first Persona game I’ve played actually. I just finished the very first Palace and they’ve decided to go after more bad people. But I have to wonder, does the game pick up the pace after this? I’m enjoying it, but it doesn’t seem like I get to “play” so much.

Btw, any tips or things I should know before I continue? I have some DLC, so I’ve got some pretty strong Personas already. What’s a good way to raise social stats? It seems like those take forever lol

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I am by no means an expert, but I would say that, yes, after Kamoshida's palace and the celebratory feast at the hotel, the game does start to open up more. However be prepaired for the long haul, each palace works like Kamoshida's - you have a deadline, and have to wait until the end of the deadline to advance the plot - but some palaces will also force you out at a certain point, before reaching the end.
So to have more time for social stats and confidants, you should attempt to finish each palace in one visit, even if it feels like a slug - as long as you have SP to spare, you should continue, it will save a lot of time in the long run.

I don't know the most efficient way to raise your social stats - I guess if you are up for it, you can do some min-maxing by saving before everything you try, to see what gives the most points to a stat. But yes, I agree, they do seem to take forever to raise, especially if you have all but one raised, like "when do I have enough points?!?!?" lol.

I played my playthrough without the DLC's - I didn't know they were free until after I defeated the last boss... - so I do not know their strangths and weaknesses. But whenever possible, you should try to recruit some new Personas in battle, even if you don't plan to keep them, you can reclaim and use them for fusing newer and stronger Personas later on.

The last thing I will mention is the two Confidants I would consider important to max out early - if you plan to attempt an all max confidant playthrough - would be the Temperance and Fortune Teller arcanas, as they both have skills that help cut down on preparation time and other stuff. The Fortune Teller arcana can even give boosts to your Social stat earnings.

Hope this will be helpful, and that you are/will be enjoying the game.

Ps. I should probably mention - in case you don't know - that in order to unlock the Third semester, you will have to max out the Faith, Councilor and Justice Arcanas before a deadline in November

Soldier

Awards
I am by no means an expert, but I would say that, yes, after Kamoshida's palace and the celebratory feast at the hotel, the game does start to open up more. However be prepaired for the long haul, each palace works like Kamoshida's - you have a deadline, and have to wait until the end of the deadline to advance the plot - but some palaces will also force you out at a certain point, before reaching the end.
So to have more time for social stats and confidants, you should attempt to finish each palace in one visit, even if it feels like a slug - as long as you have SP to spare, you should continue, it will save a lot of time in the long run.

I don't know the most efficient way to raise your social stats - I guess if you are up for it, you can do some min-maxing by saving before everything you try, to see what gives the most points to a stat. But yes, I agree, they do seem to take forever to raise, especially if you have all but one raised, like "when do I have enough points?!?!?" lol.

I played my playthrough without the DLC's - I didn't know they were free until after I defeated the last boss... - so I do not know their strangths and weaknesses. But whenever possible, you should try to recruit some new Personas in battle, even if you don't plan to keep them, you can reclaim and use them for fusing newer and stronger Personas later on.

The last thing I will mention is the two Confidants I would consider important to max out early - if you plan to attempt an all max confidant playthrough - would be the Temperance and Fortune Teller arcanas, as they both have skills that help cut down on preparation time and other stuff. The Fortune Teller arcana can even give boosts to your Social stat earnings.

Hope this will be helpful, and that you are/will be enjoying the game.

Ps. I should probably mention - in case you don't know - that in order to unlock the Third semester, you will have to max out the Faith, Councilor and Justice Arcanas before a deadline in November
Or you could just do what I did and just get SP adhesives (A charm that gives invigorate 3, allowing SP restoration DURING battle) fight a weak enemy at the beginning of the palace or guard a lot and just recover from the lost SP after a few turns.

Soldier

Awards
I just started playing this. It’s the first Persona game I’ve played actually. I just finished the very first Palace and they’ve decided to go after more bad people. But I have to wonder, does the game pick up the pace after this? I’m enjoying it, but it doesn’t seem like I get to “play” so much.

Btw, any tips or things I should know before I continue? I have some DLC, so I’ve got some pretty strong Personas already. What’s a good way to raise social stats? It seems like those take forever lol
In answer to your social stats, yes, they do take forever, but if you keep working on them, you'll get there. I just beat the second palace and got every social stat up to rank 2. My best advice I can give you? read, read A LOT. If you haven't picked up a book in the school library or bought one on central street in Shibuya, DO IT. Because more often than not you'll occasionally get a seat on the train, allowing you to read on your way to school. Completing books nets you usually 3 points to a social stat, and hanging out with the right confidant gives a few as well. Do this and you'll se a drastic change, NEVER be without a book to read.

VincentGodiva

Awards
I joined this game forum briefly and I removed it because the game mode was not suitable.
Finding a game for free on your Android phone is simple on the web bhcmod.com

Last edited:
Back