• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Persona: Frozen IC (Open)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
There's something about winter that has always felt calming to me. The way nature is covered in a sheet of pure white snow, the steadily falling flurries that drift in the stinging cold air, it all adds to the stillness of the outdoors. It's as if the very Earth were frozen in a tranquil slumber. Gazing out into a frozen landscape, I can't help but become introspective. There's nothing wrong with a little personal thinking every now and then, right? Maybe so, maybe not. Regardless, I'd found that the sight of snow had lost it's pacifying affect on me. There was something weighing heavily on my mind, and being introspective didn't help in the least.

A bell went off. A school bell.

I looked away from the window by my seat in class, students around me were rushing to get out of the room and head off. It was Friday after all, every working man's favorite day. I looked down at my desk, mixed between my math book and various supplies was a flyer. I had placed copies of this flyer all around the school. The flyer was for an 'investigation' club, it had a time and place inscribed, as well as a photo. It was one of those old fashioned photo's, produced from those bulky cameras you'd expect to see a foreign tourist hoisting from their neck. The lighting in the photo was poor, so you could barely tell what it's contents were. I picked up the flyer, eyeing it. What was clear was that in the middle of this photo was a small, circular pond, the 'loveless-lovelast' pond. It was a small body of water infamous for it's supposed role in couple's relationships. A rumor stated that if you were to visit the pond in the midst of a snowstorm, and toss in a coin, the next day the love of your life would confess to you. Either that, or you would come to find that you love would never be.

It sounded like hogwash. And yet, many girls, and some boys, eat the story up.

I took a closer look at the photo, focusing my eyes on a particular figure. It was a little hard to see, but it looked as if someone's lower torso was being pulled into the pond. It was far fetched, but I knew it was true. I was the one that had taken this picture after all. I let out a sigh, closing my math book and gathering up my things.

I headed towards my 'clubs' room, which was on the far side of the school building. The room was a little dusty, which was to be expected. The room hadn't been used in a while, it's heater was broken, and the single window in the room tended to let in cold air. I flipped the hood of my uniform on my head, and took a seat at the table placed in the middle of the room. Now I only had to wait for those willing to help me on this wild goose chase.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
At first I thought about skipping out on school, it had been a rough night and this was the third night in a row that I'd awoken to find myself face first on the cold ground near the lake. I was particularly more confused about what was going on right now than ever...mainly because of the flyer that was going around. For an instant I was terrified about what this could mean. You see, the problem was that the photo showed a figure stuck in the lake. It was pretty odd in itself but that wasn't my concern. I was more scared about how I woke up to that at 12:03 am.(today) I'd been thinking about it nearly the entire day in every class I was in.

Somehow I'd managed to not see the flyer before today which had me even more stressed out. For the most part I can function and keep thirty people in a swarm around me. For the past several weeks I'd been losing my thoughts and was feeling like less of myself every day. Nothing made sense anymore. I'd wake up feeling relaxed and walk outside to catch a breath of fresh air and then start hearing voices. The next thing I know I was on the edge of that lake, freaking out. Nearly every time a body was found I'd been there the previous night(or so I thought.) It was becoming more complicated because this time around the body was found at a small pond that was in another location...

"Geez, I'm supposed to be like my name says. I might as well just go and get some answers, or at least try." I mumbled aloud but was sure nobody had heard what I said. The bell had already sounded and I looked up to see that I was correct in my assumption because nobody was left in the classroom. I had to assume that most of the students were being their normal selves, stumbling out into the winter cold or off to enjoy their weekends before school claimed them again on Monday.

I ran out of the classroom into the hallway, slinging my book bag around onto my back, nodding to several students that I normally talked to or hung out with. The look on my face was probably a bit more intense that I was thinking it was. I knew this immediately as a good friend of mine named Toby stepped into my path.
"Bro are you okay?? You look kind of sketchy if ya know what I mean." Toby was lucky I had been able to stop moving, turning my body so that instead of colliding into him(he is a big dude), I was against the old rickety lockers that needed to be replaced. I shook my head quickly and sidestepped around him in the same manner.

Toby stared at me with an exasperated expression as I waved to him, uttering only, "Later," as I turned a corner and avoided more students. I had a destination and was determined to get there and find out the meaning of all the trauma I was going through. I t sucked and after being yelled at by my parents over the same things happening. I was going to the club where I knew that Cures would be waiting. He was the kind of kid that I liked, one who you could probably grow up to have adventures with. The idea was actually more pleasing to me than it should have been but my mind was still all over the place.

I ended up passing the room in my thoughts and as I spun back around I flipped over the water fountain attached to the wall, my left foot knocked into the side of it, "Oops. I guess I timed that wrong." I had to laugh at myself, I was getting better and better at my observations it proved to be a huge advantage for my newly found absent-mindedness from my lack of healthy sleep patterns. As I entered the room I had to click my tongue, the classroom had apparently seen better days. It was chillier in here than the other classrooms I'd been in today.

"Ah, you WOULD be the first person in here Cures mah man. So wassup, are we gonna do some investigating or what??" I grinned at Cures, even thinking about his name made me smile on the inside. I could picture him growing up to be a surgeon or some motivational speaker. I mused inside my head 'Cures CURES all.'

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Shane wakes up with a start at the sound of the bell. It's only then that he really questions why he's been going out all night every night for the past while, but he ignores that thought and looks around. He notices that several of the others are leaving for the weekend already so he figures that class must be over already. That's when his body feels a sensation that it has almost gotten used to over the time that he's spent on this island. He rubs his rumbling stomach as it complains that a diet of instant noodles is far from enough to satisfy it, but he can't do anything about it. It's all that he can make at the moment. The last time he tried making something substantial, he's pretty sure someone went to the hospital from the smoke and fumes. He quickly puts that memory into the back of his mind as he pushes himself to his feet and grabs his bag. That's when the flyer that he had been looking at dropped to the floor. He looks at the sheet of paper with the image on it only to notice when and where it said to meet up.

"Crap! I forgot that it was today. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to stop somewhere for supper tonight."

He slings the bag over his shoulder as he prepares his wallet for the hit that it's going to take later since he's sure that the meeting might take a while. And that's just convincing people that it wasn't some sham or anything. So with that he makes his way out of the room and starts to make his way towards the meeting place. On the way he notices one of the vending machines and stops to think he he'd have enough to get something to drink. Doing some fast calculations he finally decides that he has enough and slides a single bill into the small opening. With a push of a button...nothing happens. He looks at the machine confused for a second and tries several more times before he finally realizes that the machine is out of his drink.

"Come on, man! Hurry up."

Shane ignores the person telling him to hurry up and pushes a random button. With a kerplunk he grabs the fallen bottle out of the small opening and opens it without seeing what his prize is. He walks away as he takes a hefty gulp only to realize that he got a really bad tasting type of tea. He sighs at his luck but continues on anyways. It's shortly after that he notices someone walk into the room where the meeting is being held and walks in just a little after. He looks at the two others and figures that one is the person orchestrating the event and the other is someone else here for the meeting. But he doesn't bother greeting either of them. Instead he makes his way to an open spot and falls into the seat while thinking about moving the chair to a corner or something.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
“This is not a competition.”
That’s what is always said in the music room. Everyone plays their hearts out, but it’s obvious some of the members of the club have little to no experience and are only here to have extra curricular activates to mark down on their college applications. Still, others played as if they were born with their instruments. Mark on his violin ripped through the rest of the students with his stunningly quick finger work and control over the strings, applying just the right pressure at just the right points. Zoey, another violinist, was known to try to keep up with Mark, but she just didn’t have the same amount of either experience, finger muscles, presence, or a combination of the three. She was always “runner-up” in the strings, even though she probably tried much harder than Mark. Crystal sighed quietly as she leaned forward on her stool. Once again the two were going at it, playing their instruments so fast that she expected to see smoke slowly begin to rise from the bows. At the end of their songs, everyone gave a short clap--a practiced motion as clapping was a common occurrence in the club--before letting silence take over for a few seconds. Zoey shoot a quick look at the piano, then at Crystal.
“Who won?” She asked, almost breathlessly.

The bell had rung a few minutes ago, but still Crystal found herself at the music club. She had planned to be the first one to appear at the Investigation's club meeting, and even had brought donuts for everyone. But Zoey pleaded with the pianist to appear at the club today, if only for a few minutes. Right from the start she knew that it was another one of Zoey's attempts to outshine Mark, but what could she do? She was there to help, and if that meant giving others a stage to perform on, then so be it.
“This is not a competition.” Crystal answered not unkindly. “You both played fantastically, and I think everyone in this room would agree you’re both our best violinists.” Of course, these words weren’t enough to sway Zoey.
“Yeah, but which one of us played the best?” Zoey said. Mark sighed before scratching the back of his neck with the violin’s bow.
“I should have known better than to agree to play a song with you.” He said. “I thought you just wanted to get some practice in, not to try and show me up.” Zoey pouted at this.
“Well how else am I supposed to get better? If I can play better than you, then who knows what else I‘ll be able to do.”
As the two talked between themselves, the rest of the club began to return to their own things, practicing their own instruments or reading their sheet music. Crystal watched the two violinists for a bit. It was funny how opposite they were. Zoey was the determined one who poured her very soul into the strings, while Mark was more aloof and played as if it were second nature; and no matter how much work Zoey put into it, she would never top Mark. But where did that leave Crystal? Many claimed her to be the best pianist the school had to offer, but so what? Both she and Mark will eventually have to look for real jobs after schooling was finished, leaving their instruments as nothing but hobbies.

Crystal shook her head. This wasn't the time for those thoughts. She quickly picked up her school bag as well as the box of donuts and made her way out of the clubroom, giving everyone a smile and a wave. There weren't many people left in the school, she noted. Just the few brave enough to stay for their clubs and a few stray teachers. They were probably worried about the incidents happening around town. Crystal herself wasn’t very worried, she had a theory that the people who were found under the ice had just fallen into a hole disguised by a snow pile and ended up under the ice without any way of escape.
“That’s a dark thought.” She told herself quietly as she reached the room where the club was being held. She stopped for a moment, realizing that the room itself was the one most clubs stay away from due to how unkempt it was. Still, she had come this far. It wouldn't do to just leave now. She gave two light knocks and opened the door. Unsurprisingly, given her tardiness, there were already a few people sitting in the room...though not many. She wasn't sure what she expected, but the lack of members was to be expected. Still, she gave her best smile.
"Hello everyone." she said as she walked in. "I, uh, brought snacks." She gestured the pink box in her hands, giving the universal symbol for "there are donuts in this box, and they're for you!" Crystal briskly made her way to the table and placed the box in the center along with a handful of napkins before taking a seat herself.

Kazem

The first is how many seconds it took for the meat of the class to pack up their belongings and empty out into the hallway. The second is how many seconds it took me to realize the bell rang in the first place. Putting down the small but thick book that I had discovered when moving to the island and have read since, I took a peek around the classroom. Two groups remained, one talking about where to go and the other finishing up that same discussion. My eyes fell back down to my desk, the bookmark I had used staring back up at me with a time, date and location.

Woops.

Sticking it inside the book I had almost memorized and shoving it back into the pocket it had come from, I stood up and stretched out, the desks not quite forgiving for someone with legs as long as mine. I was out the door with my belongings after a few more seconds, the hallways no longer packed with students eager to escape the school and embrace the snow outside. Making my way through the building, I prepared myself for the awkward start and introduction most clubs drag themselves through at the first meeting. What I really wanted to talk about was the picture that had come with the flyer whose information I copied onto the slip of paper I used as a reminder for both events and where I had left off in the book.

Coming to the designated club room, I peered through a window to find others already there. Opening the door, the temperature difference was evident. A sigh of relief let itself out of my mouth, the standard indoor temperature in the school being a bit too warm for my own taste. Taking an empty seat, I waited along with the rest of the room for the other members to show up, assuming the small number of people there weren't the entirety of the club. Those who saw the picture on the flyer would almost be certain to have some sort of urge to attend at least one meeting of this new group, and seeing as the flyer was placed all around the school, the few already present couldn't possibly be the only ones to see it. Not breaking the silence I'd kept on my way there, I took out the book and resumed reading, pictures and diagrams supplemented with text being the page layout for most of the book.

Eventually another student came in, carrying a box that would undoubtedly be filled with donuts. A welcoming raised hand and glance was given before returning to my book, something that was repeated for everyone who entered after I had. Eyeing it as it was placed down, I resolved to wait for the other potential club members to arrive before plucking a pastry from the pink construct of cardboard. Flipping the page, I found myself without text to read. Sighing and placing the book down on the table, I waited for the main meeting to start. Finally relaxing in my chair, I felt the cold air on my face and hands and decided to act out of character, seeing as the club wasn't going to have many 'average' students attend it anyway.

"I hope none of you decide the chill is too much, I personally love the way it feels after a day of sitting. I prefer this over the rooms with heaters that refuse to shut off."

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Schalz finally put his pencil down after an hour hard at work.

The drawing depicted a frilly, fluffy-collared dress. Curved at the hips, and and topped with more fluff on the waistline, it was the final contendr for the Fashion Show's winter-wear branch. He had gotten spring-wear done ages ago. Unfortunately, Nix was an island where winter was a way of life, not a season. Why sponsor a clothing line for a season only foreigners ever saw? It didn't that his choice of models was....less than stellar.

He already had Suriko, Jazz, Horace, and Mark doing the Winter line. (Suriko especially had hoodies assigned to her. She rocked them like nobody's business) Still, the Spring line was going to be a problem. Two of the models he and Jamai (The President) intended on assigning to Spring were generally no-shows, one was expelled not a day ago, and the last........

Was swept away by the blizzard.

Schalz let out a heavy sigh as his translator looks at him with concern. Why a translator? Well, Schalz was born with weak vocal chords. At age five, they finally atrophied. This made learning to talk a non-option. So, he had to convey his thoughts a different way. Sign language.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

Carla has been in Schalz's life since pre-school. She was a family friend at this point. She taught Schalz how to sign, walked him to and from school, and cared for him when his parents weren't around. Of course, she also lived right next door. Convenience, Schalz supposed.

Schalz places his fingers together into different formations.

"A lack of models for the Show, hun." Schalz's fingers signed. "All of this stupid side-pandering is so unnecessary. Why can't we just focus on the Winter-line? We only get Spring never. We barey have enough Winter models and now we're expanding a week before we get on the run-way? What's Jamai thinking?"

"Well, Fashion is an ever-changing medium, Schalz." Says Carla. "You need to spice it up."

She had a point. Maybe it was all the work that was irritating him. Carla takes out a folded-up flyer from her pocket, and hand it to Schalz.

"Maybe you need a break from all of this paperwork." She says. "How about checking this little club out?"

Schalz taks a look at the flyer promoting an "Investigation Club.. Well, he has been holed up at home and the Fashion Clubroom making sketches. Maybe some fresh air would do him good.

------------------

Some time later, he found the room. (Why was it on the other side of the building? Odd.) Carla had decided to head on home shortly after they cleaned the Fashion room. Schalz was kind of nervous. He wasn't exactly the best at social situations. His condition didn't exactly help, either. To rub salt in the wound, schoolmates call him The Mute Kid. He'll probably stick out like a sore thumb. Oh, well. What did he have to lose?

Schalz opened the door, to see a small group of students sitting around an isolated table. On the table were.....donuts! And Crystal was standing above the table, taking her own seat. In fact, the crew seemed to be comprised of people he knew. So much for feeling awkward.

He wasted no time in taking a seat of his own, dining on an Old-Fashioned flavored doughnut, all the while hearing one of the few he didn't know crack a joke about the heaters. He didn't really have a choice but to remain quiet. Once everybody was done, maybe he'd ask Crystal her opinion on the dress sketches for the Spring=Line. They were useless to him, but maybe someone would find interest in them.

Peace

Awards
-Cruising around with a one way ticket-
-I aimed my arrow at the mark and hit it-
-When all the others only talked, I did it-
-Kept pushing everything beyond the limit-
-You play the game, you gotta play to win it-

Damn, I love this song.
Saito thought as he strolled along the high school gate. He just got out of his lectures about 20 minutes ago. He doesn't have a car, so obviously he's walking. It was also about time that the high school gets out. He only knows this because he walks this path almost everyday and unfortunately for him, this was the quickest way home.

There are multiple reasons why I said unfortunately. The first is that Saito's always hated crowds. He's not claustrophobic by any means, but it really unnerves him when people are too close to him and he especially dislikes the noise. The second is when started walking this road, he was often mistaken as a student trying to skip class. Lastly, the street was completely open which means the wind cuts right through this particular road, making it colder than it already was. The young man has always hated the cold, but there were only two places accepted the scholarship he had. It was either Nix or Wisconsin. So he did some research and the results fared better with the former.

The only thing he can do to keep himself sane from what he's assuming is a crowd of "he said, she said" BS is to turn up his music. Block out the world. Drown out the noise with better noise. That's how he dealt with crowds. Speaking of which, Raise Your Glasses transitioned into Holy Diver.

When he was in front of the gate, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Curiosity led him to take a better look. It was a poster claiming attention to a newly formed investigation club. The person in the pond reminded him of the disappearances he's heard about ever since he moved to this town about a month ago. For a fleeting moment he thought maybe looking into it would be interesting. He shook his head to rid himself of these thoughts.

Just fifteen more minutes then I'm home. He commented mentally with a sigh that showed itself in the space in front of him. Shortly after that. the wind cut right through the street, causing him to shiver.

The aforementioned amount of time passed and like he estimated, he was back at his apartment. Though this time will be short lived because he has to go to work. So he quickly donned his uniform that consisted of a black polo shirt with a logo on the back, a red long-sleeved undershirt, and black pants. After that, he threw his sweatshirt and coat over that and went on his merry way.

Ten minutes later, he showed up at Frank's, the restaurant he works at. It's a small Ma and Pa place that has been in business ever since the town was founded. Following clocking in and hanging up his coat and sweatshirt, he put his white ponytail between his shirts and rolled up the sleeves of his undershirt to below his elbows.

Well... Time to get to work.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Scribble, scribble, brush, sweep, and...not quite right. Maybe the nose was too long? Or the eyes not beady enough? The facial features I remembered were the most prominent: creepy, big eyes, long nose, crooked smile. The sketch eyed me beadily, its expression uncanny, and I had half a mind to crumple up the paper right then and there. I put my pencil down and gently swept the many eraser shavings aside, trying not to smudge the second sketch next to the creepy guys's. This one was almost the complete opposite: good looking, sharply dressed, pale faced typical good looking guy. Like the ones you see in those Asian cartoons.

The bell rang, and I jumped a bit from my seat. After hearing a few chuckles clearly executed because of me, I sank into my seat and hurriedly snapped my notebook shut. Lots of work to catch up on, very typical to dump a pile of work onto the transfer kid. Not that it was a problem, of course. My 4.0 would attest to that, although right at this very moment my grades weren't helping me with my real problem.

If it's a problem, that is.

My name is Evalyse Esperanza. Sixteen, red haired, short, and in the midst of a change of scenery. I'm good at drawing, playing the viola, I like baseball, and have excellent grades. An ace, right? Except...I'm no good with people. Just moved here and today was my first day of class. Of course, I stood out like a sore thumb; everyone seemed to know each other and had a tendency to stick together like honey. It was also just a little embarrassing to have to introduce myself to the class...since I, uh, got too nervous and ended up rambling when all I needed to do is say my stupid name. But hey, it's only the first day, so...maybe that'll change. I hope it would, anyway.

And I'm rambling again.

Once I stuffed my books into my messenger bag, I left the classroom and stopped outside the hall. This place was big...well, bigger then my old school. Which way was the exit, again? Biting the corner of my lip I decided to go left, marching towards where I thought the lockers were. Except that way was the gym, so I turned around and went right, only to come at yet another fork. Left again? Right? Why didn't I ask for a map? At this point I started wandering around; the sweet sound of music drew me towards the way, though even that stopped and eventually I got myself lost.

I could always just ask. Why didn't I ask earlier? Except...who do I ask? That tall, broody guy over there? The snotty looking girl? The idiotic guy with his head in the trash? Before I knew it, I was standing in the hallway alone, no longer having options. Except for one option: an open classroom. There seemed to be something going on over there, maybe I could interrupt and ask how to get to my locker.

I slowly walked in and looked around, standing at the doorway. There were donuts and people chatting. Maybe I shouldn't interrupt...this looked like a friendly gathering. Except I need to go home. But...they look busy. I could just ask super quick? No, that'd make things awkward. What if they're mean? Should I run now? I ended up rocking on my heels as I thought, trying to decide whether to go in and ask or just run now.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
The room slowly started filling in with students. With each one that entered, the atmosphere changed as well. It was less sterile and uncertain and more friendly and curious. Crystal herself was worrying that the people who would attend would be uncaring, but so far they all seemed friendly, or at least approachable. She took a glazed donut from the box, satisfied that a number of the members were enjoying them. That's when a familiar face came through the door. The Vice President of the Fashion Club, Schalz made his way through the door.
"Hello." She signed to him. "How are the clothing lines coming?" She asked out loud as he took a seat. Crystal always loved seeing what new ideas for clothing Schalz came up with. Though Nix was never a place for summer dresses, she absolutely loved the way they looked, and how comfortable they looked...Well, they were probably comfortable in warm weather, anyway.

Before she was able to see an answer, she noticed a new face standing by the door. She looked...lost. Not just her facial expression, but her entire body gave off an air of uncertainly. She must have read about the club and decided to join, Crystal thought. She's probably just shy. She then turned to Schalz.
"Sorry, could you excuse me for a minute?" She asked before standing up. She made her way to the newcomer with a friendly smile. "Hi there!" She said cheerfully to the redhead. "I haven't seen you around. Are you new?" She gave herself a quick smack on the forehead. "Sorry, I'm being rude. My name's Crystal. Crystal Donn. You're just in time, we're going to get started in a bit. Why don't you take a seat with us? We have donuts." Crystal put her hands behind her back and began rocking on her own heels as well. It was strangely comfortable.

Awards
My nose was so deep in the paper in my hands, that I didn't even notice Phoenix walk in. I had been making notes on a map of the island, marking points of interest. There weren't many, as the murders in the town had left nearly no clues. I was trying to find some sort of pattern among the points where bodies had been found. They seemed almost random, though I noticed that all of them had been found close to the nearby forest, where the Loveless-Lovelast pond was. Including what I'd seen happen at that pond the other day, there was little doubt in my mind that the pond and the lake were connected. I set the map down, and looked up towards Phoenix. "For once, yeah, we will. Hmm, we actually have a proper investigation site this time." I said, tapping a finger on a copy of the flyer that was plastered around the school. "I'll mention more about it when the others get here." I said, sitting back in my chair.

The second person to arrive was Shane, and as usual he didn't say anything to us. I wanted to say something to him, but I just figured he didn't like dull conversation or something. The next person in was Crystal, Crystal and her box of temptations. I thanked her for being so thoughtful, and took one of the doughnuts for myself. As I chewed on the sweet snack, and pondered just what flavor jelly had just entered my mouth, more people came in. The last person to come in was new. I recognized her as the transfer student, the one with the motor mouth. I would have greeted her, but as expected Crystal beat me to it. I waited for them to settle it, and then placed the map in the center of the table.

"Okay guys, for once we actually have a clear objective. As you've all seen from the flyers, I witnessed something at the loveless-lovelast pond, someone being dragged into it. As we all know by now, people vanish whenever there is a blizzard, and it just so happens that the rumor surrounding the pond has to do with a blizzard as well... hmm." I stopped speaking for a moment, rubbing my chin in thought. They may have already figured out what I was getting at. "There is going to be a blizzard tonight, and I think we should pay that pond a visit. It might be dangerous, so I'll get it if you say you don't want to go."

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
"Keep up the good work, Val."

I came to a halt, wiping the sweat off my temple and bent over in half, my hands braced on my knees, taking deep breaths and felt my heart slow down. Even now, it felt so cold that I could see my breath in the air, swirling amongst the snow floating around, goosebumps lining up on my arms. I quickly grabbed my bottle of water, noting it was still cold and felt my lips form into a tiny smile. "It's not so bad, having cold water is a plus." I thought to myself, hurrying back into the school building at a light jog from the race track, feeling snow cling to my shoes and get tracked onto the cement.

Making my way down the hallway to the Girls Locker room, I notice a flyer left on the ground. "Geez, bunch of lazy people don't have the decency to throw a piece of paper away." I said aloud, gazing over it in curiosity. The picture itself was eye catching, even if it wasn't a lot, showing a lake and something blurry; the rumor itself peeked my interest enough to want to check it out and find out anything I could. After all, knowledge can be oh so very useful, when used the right way. Rounding the corner, I didn't waste time, knowing I'd get sick if I didn't warm up soon and stepped into the locker room, allowing the door to swing close behind me.

The warm spray of water hitting my bare skin felt so good, that I was reluctant to get out of the shower, steam rising all around me and obscuring my view. Normally, I'd be out of my mind to volunteer for cross country, but, I like staying after school; catching people by surprise when I listen in on conversations and later, earning some money out of it to keep quiet. Out of amusement, I haven't found someone to mess around with. A partner in crime, you could say and hoped to find one soon enough.

Once, I was changed into normal school clothes again, I felt much better and took my time to find this club room. After some walking around, I came to a different hallway, noticing a girl standing outside a classroom, peering in and looking a bit nervous. "Hmm, What was her name again...Evalyse, I think. A transfer student." I tilted my head to the side, giving it a firm shake of affirmation when I got a closer look at her. "Yup, that's her."

With a smile, I tapped her on the shoulder and asked "Whatcha doing out here? Aren't you going to go inside?"

I folded my arms across my chest, taking a good look inside myself, taking note of everyone inside the room, especially the donuts that made my stomach growl loudly, making me hide my face a little in embarrassment and listen in, hearing it'd be dangerous to go out to the lake in a full on blizzard.

"I say we go. I don't care how dangerous it is. Let's confirm this rumor and find out, who's dragging these bodies off into the lake." I said aloud, my fists clenched from pushing myself into speaking.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"I'm with her, I say we go too," was I kidding myself?? There was no way I wouldn't go because if I didn't there was a guarantee that I would end up there anyway. I'd woken up to many times at the lake and now that I'd been at the pond too I was even more varied in my thoughts about what would end up happening to me. My response alone showed that I was still not as focused and observant as I needed to be. More people had entered the club room and I was so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't see any of them come in, nor had I heard anything they said, other than Val. I had to open my eyes to look at her, luckily I recognized her sweet voice.

A particular smell had wafted into my nostrils and I knew it was doughnut. Those things could be very fattening for some teens but I wasn't like most teens. I worked out regularly, so when I snatched two of the pastries from the box and bit one in half in a single chomp, there was no guilt on my part. "Yum...I love these things." My mouth was full so my words came out a bit muffled. I swallowed and finished the doughnut, then started on he second one which so happened to be chocolate. I wasn't particularly fond of the exact flavor but hey, as the saying went, 'beggars can't be choosers.' Besides that I'd skipped both breakfast and lunch.

Seeing the others in the room made me feel much more at ease than I had in awhile, so opening up about my experiences seemed to be a good idea, I'd just leave out some of the crazier details. Ya know...like how I was apparently having some twilight zone experiences. "Umm I might as well say this to you all," my face started to turn red, "I've been at just about every murder." I had to laugh because it was more than a tad awkward to just bust out and say such a thing. "Seriously though. This has been going on awhile. I've been waking up near the lake and seen some horrific things. Mostly bodies inside the lake...DEAD. I'm hard to scare and believe me I was scared shitless each and every time!!!"

Cures might as well have known even more about it, so I confided in him secretly and pretended to answer a text on my cell, actually sending him a message that said, 'Bro, I watched you take that picture. The noise you heard at the pond was me. I was the shadow by the log. I had to keep myself composed and laughed again, chomping on the doughnut.

My face had its normal chipper expression, if they all thought I was a freak I'd get over it quickly. I could care less how they felt. My own safety and future came first..."Do any of you have information??"

Kazem

(1st->3rd Person)

John's little comment didn't really make much of a splash within the group at all, but it wasn't much of a surprise to him. Sighing and wondering if pulling out a deck of cards would make the wait feel shorter, more students trickled in. Wondering what kept some of the new arrivals from actually entering the room, John shifted his attention over to the apparent and hooded host of the club as he started the meeting. Oh, it seems like this club means it. He witnessed them being dragged in and took this photo...I can't blame him for not getting a closer look or trying to help. I'm pretty sure we're all already aware about the blizzard, something even the news team has picked up on...oo, a visit? During a blizzard? He definitely means business.

Soaking up all of the information, John almost missed the response from outside the classroom. Taking a quick glance, her fists suggested either passion regarding the case or some amount of nervousness. He didn't have much time to debate which of the two it was when the redhead spoke out after the shy/ambitious girl. Not one to act before others, John remained silent as Phoenix grabbed and savored a sweet pastry from the box now calling out to John's own stomach, a rumble being prepared. The sudden revelation broke that train of thought and surely brought a bit of silence across the room with the shock. At every single murder? He just...wakes up? Sleeping outside is one thing, but with every murder taking place during a blizzard...dude must have the most intense case of sleep walking I've ever heard or he's doing something during each murder that he doesn't remember. Another thing that troubled John was how casual Phoenix tried to play it off.

Deep in thought, John mulled over the information he already had and decided there wasn't much that wasn't covered by the news or gossiped around the school already. Probably having missed some conversation, he sat the silently, watching the current speaker and noting every detail that was shared. This club might be the most interesting choice I've made since buying that book. I just really hope it isn't my last decision. Ending up under that ice or getting lost in the blizzard is something you have to weigh with the choice to go on this little trip. I bet most of them assume they'll be safe if they go in a group since the bodies only show up one at a time... but the rate has been picking up. I would expect there to be multiple bodies showing up soon as the killer picks up his pace and refines his method, the routine surely only getting easier and easier every time...

EightBitRed

Bronze Member
Alexander slowly opened his eyes his eyes, hearing a beautiful melody being played on a piano before it was followed by a beautiful voice. The blond haired student couldn't describe the voice other then it was being sung by a female and her voice was beautiful, Alex looked around trying to grow familiar with his surroundings, from what it look he seemed to be in some sort fancy restaurant. The tables were covered with silky blue cloth, the floor was blue, the chairs sported the same colors as the tables. "Is this some kind of Restaurant?" Alexander said to himself while still trying to figure out where he was, what caught Alexander's attention was the stage that took up half the room. A man wearing a mask was playing a piano while a women wearing a mask to hide her face was singing, her voice echoing in the room that it almost felt like it was all a dream.

"Right this way." Alexander heard a female's voice coming from behind him and turned around, seeing a man dress in blue bowing down to him politely. In fact the uniform he was wearing was like an elevator attendant. "Guest?" Alexander blinked seeing the elevator guide him where he needed to go, in all honesty this still felt like a dream. In fact Alexander never came across a restaurant like this anywhere on the island, much less even hear about it. The Elevator attendant, er guide held a very think book in her hand that made a dictionary cry in shame. She then turned around raising her arm, indicating for Alexander to sit by the nearby chair while across from him sat a long nosed man sitting on a fancy blu count with a table separating the two of them, his hands resting on a walking stick under his nostrils.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room." A mysterious yet warm greeting from this man made Alexander speechless, the man opened his eyes staring at the young blond students; his eye side uniquely shape eyes that Alexander could see the red cracks the pupil.

"Ah...it seems we have a guest with an intriguing destiny. My name is Igor, I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter. It is a room that only those bound by a "contract" may enter. It may be such a fate awaits you in a near future. Now then...why don't you introduce yourself.

"My name is Alexander Vermillion." the student said in a respectful tone bowing his head, the beautiful voice of the opera singer filling up the room.

"I see...Let's take a look into your future shall we?" Igor extended his arm on the table as a bright light flash before Alexander's eyes. "Do you believe in fortune telling? Alexander couldn't respond to the question due to never giving it much thought, but following the question Igor wave his hand across the table with six cards appearing as if by magic.

"Each reading is done with the same cards, but the results are always...different." Igor chuckled before continuing, ""Life follows the same principles doesn't it?" Again another question Alexander was indecisive about, yet Igor flip a card over revealing a card in the upright position with a design of a tower being struck by lightning with two stick figure jumping off it.

"Hm...The Tower in the upright Position represents the immediate future. It seems a terrible catastrophe is immanent. Igore said with a pokerface, Alexander on the other hands raised an eye brow already getting a negative fortune telling. Was what he was saying true? "The card indicating the future beyond that is..." Igor flip over a second card for Alexander to see, the card was in the upright position with the design of a moon and a scorpion on top of it. "The moon in the upright position. This card represents "Hesitation" and "Mystery."...very interesting indeed. It seems you will encounter a great misfortune at your destination, and a great mystery will be imposed on you. In the coming days you will enter a contract of some sort, after which you will return here. The coming year is a turning point in your destiny, if the mystery goes unsolved. Your future maybe forever lost. My duty is to provide assistance for our guest to ensure that does not happen." Igor waved his hand again making the cards disappear, it was official this MUST be a dream despite being told that it was somewhere between it and reality. "Ah I neglected to introduce my assistant to you. This is Diana, she is a resident of this place, like myself."

"My name is Diana, I am here to accompany you through your journey." Diana bowed with a polite smile, Igor looked back at Alexander, "We shall attend to the details another time. Until then farewell." Before Alexander could respond he started to get sleepy and black out, his questions having to wait for now.

------------------

Alexander slowly opened his eyes finding himself in the classroom again, he must have fallen asleep while waiting for school to be over. Standing up on his feet, he stretched his arms while yawning before reaching into his pocket to check the time, his eyes suddenly awaken seeing he was late to pick up his sister. Grabbing his bag without hesitation, the young blond student bolted out of the classroom hoping his younger sister wasn't freezing to death from the cold; although he made sure she wore a sweater and gloves to keep her warm. The island was perhaps one of the most strangest islands Alexander has ever come across, especially when its snowing all the time and the small city landscape doesn't offer much to do other then hang out with your friends and getting a job. 'Crap I hope Alexis isn't thinking i left her' Alexander thought to himself while running outside the building wearing a red scarf wrapped warmly around the lower part of his face.

Luckily the school wasn't very far, it was a good thing whoever constructed the island decided to make the elementary and high school lose to each other. Alexander was also anxious to know how was Lexi's first day of school, hoping she at least made a couple of friends her age to play with instead of being the quiet girl in the class

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
As Schalz swallowed the food in his mouth, Crystal finally made her way to him.

"How are the clothing lines coming?"

He raised his hand to sign in response, only for Crystal to excuse herself as she tended to another new-comer. Schalz smiled silently. Crystal had a good heart, if she was naive at times. Schalz silently analyzed the newcomer. Nervous, her heels rocking like pendulums ticking away at her insecurity. Her head zoomed at everything in the room, as one of her eyes pointed toward the exit. She was clearly nervous. Schalz decided he'd help out too, if only so much.

He walked up to Crystal and the newcomer, showing a smile, all the while extending his hands to sign.

"Hello." Signed Schalz's hands.

He didn't expect the girl to understand him. After all, sign language wasn't exactly well-known around Nix. Here's hoping Crystal would pick up the slack.

"Okay guys, for once we actually have a clear objective. As you've all seen from the flyers, I witnessed something at the loveless-lovelast pond, someone being dragged into it. As we all know by now, people vanish whenever there is a blizzard, and it just so happens that the rumor surrounding the pond has to do with a blizzard as well. There is going to be a blizzard tonight, and I think we should pay that pond a visit. It might be dangerous, so I'll get it if you say you don't want to go."

Schalz turned around, putting a thumb up. It was his way of saying he was in. He was concerned about the blizzard, too. He was scared, but if there was a way to end it all, he'd try. He couldn't call himself a strong woman if he didn't face his fears head-on.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards

What was this, a mystery club or something?

Despite friendly responses I chose to remain at the door; if I made a bigger fool out of myself,I could always just run. Apparently there was going to be a blizzard and we needed to investigate. Last I checked that didn't seem like a good idea. Maybe it was a game? It had to be. Murder mystery, huh? I mean I enjoy a good mystery from time to time, maybe it would be fun?

I found myself nodding in agreement,suddenly away from the safety of the door and more exposed to the middle of the room, hands on my hips.

"I'm game." I grinned, nonchalantly flipping my hair off my shoulders.

Awards
I blinked at my phone a few times, reading over Phoenix's text to me. My head was spiraling with thoughts and notions, to the point I couldn't even address the others that said they would come with me to investigate the pond. With unsteady fingers I sent a text back to him, then sliding my phone back into my pocket. It read 'You've been waking up at the scene of the crime? Phoenix, do you have any idea what that could entail?... Anyone would start to think that you have something to do with the murders!... I trust you, but I'm not sure about the others. Just be careful, alright?'

I stood up from my seat, suddenly feeling as if I were about to be stricken with an illness. "I've gotta go, I have some preparations to take care, I think you all should prepare as well, this is a murder we're snooping into after all." I tightened my hood, and walked out of the room. I exited the school, making sure I was alone. At least, I thought I did. As I turned a corner I felt someone tap my shoulder, an electric shock went up my spine, and I turned around so quickly I nearly snapped my neck. Standing in front of me was a girl, she looked to be around my age. She had oddly styled green hair, which reminded me of a particular vegetable. She was wearing a thick white cloak, which I might have found odd if not for the cold weather. "Jeez, nearly gave me a heart attack..." I said, clutching my chest. She tilted her head at me, as if what I had said was odd.

"Is that so? Your heartbeat is elevated, but you do not appear to be in danger of cardiac arrest." She said, with a face so straight you could balance a globe on it.

"It's a uh... phrase, not meant to be taken seriously." I replied, feeling a bit awkward now. Her tilted head straightened as if it were on a swivel.

"How morbid."

"I-I guess so, was there something you wanted from me?" I asked, realizing that I had never seen her in school before. There was no way I would forget that edible looking hair. She stared at me for a short moment, a very uncomfortable moment.

"Yes, I wish to know where you took this." She reached into her cloak and took out a copy of the flyer I had spread around the school. She pointed at the photo in the middle of it.

"That's the Loveless-Lovelast pond, it's in the forest near the lake... Are you interested in joining the club?" I asked, wondering how someone who wasn't a student found one of my flyers. She stared at me again, her neon eyes seeming to boar into me.

Wait a minute, her eyes were actually glowing neon. "Uhh-" I started to speak, but she cut me off.

"Yes, I will become part of your club, and help you solve this case." She answered as if she were declaring her duty.

"Just like that?"

"Yes, what is our first objective?"

"Uhh, we are going to investigate that place in the photo tonight."

"Understood, I will accompany you until then."

"Alright... wait what?" I asked, slightly startled. A very one sided conversation then took place, with me trying to give reasons for why she couldn't follow me around. Nothing I said worked...

Peace

Awards
Fake a smile and happy tone. Ask what they want to drink. Go to other tables. Come back with beverages and ask what they want to eat. Make his rounds. Return, serve them, then wait on other tables. Come back, then take payment and tip.

This is the monotonous loop that Saito works through almost every day. Those cycles slowly transitioned into hours and he's still working with that false smile. Looking at the place, you'd think this was the only restaurant in town. It is a Friday evening after all. About half of the patrons consisted of people about his age hanging out while most of the other half was families eating together.

The truth is that Frank's had been busier than this in the past. I guess it can be because a combination of its great food and service, 50's aesthetic and its home-like feel. Almost as if the customer wasn't just a random stranger with money, but a friend.

He just picked up the tip from his last table for the moment when he heard his boss shout from the kitchen "Saito, it's starting to die down and Jen just came in. So go on break."

"'Kay!" He yelled back before clocking out and grabbing his newspaper and his Zune from his coat and a burger to eat. After taking a vacant seat and putting his earbuds in, he unfurled his paper and began reading while he ate his dinner.

Let's see... Meth. Truck accident. Domestic dispute causing some form of property damage. Cops being called on idiot college kids being idiots. Couldn't care less about sports or mostly anything else. He listed while scanning the headlines. Following a sigh, he folded the paper back up while thinking. I don't even know why I buy the paper anymore. I can get the headlines either from listening in at people from school or at work. Plus I'd save a little under $30 a month.

There's gonna be a blizzard tonight. I wonder if there's gonna be another disappearance... Came across his mind. As soon as Saito caught himself thinking that, he shook his head side to side increased the volume of the tunes pouring into his ears and closed his eyes.

The red-eyed youth opened his eyes from his music-filled bliss some time later and saw families eating happily together. Looking at this kind of makes him homesick. Messing with his siblings, training with his mom, hanging out with his dad, or just eating together. These were all things he's grown accustomed to but never thought he'd miss this badly.

He looked at the time and realized his break was almost over. He set his feelings aside for what's left of his shift. Following throwing the newspaper in a recycling bin and putting his plate in the sink, he clocked back in to continue his work.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Crystal gave a brief explanation about Schalz when he appeared besides her. Mentioning only that he was mute and could only communicate through sign language, a skill that she also possessed. Not long after that, Cures ran out of the room, claiming to need to prepare. It didn’t take an enthralling expression to see that something else was on his mind. She considered chasing after him but decided against it. Whatever he was going to do, he probably didn’t need her help. She pulled out one of the pamphlets and stared at the photo for a second.

“I can’t believe we’re going there.” She said with a frazzled expression. “I don’t mind how late it is or the supposed danger, but the Loveless-Lovelast Pond--” The would-be pianist shut her mouth abruptly and avoided anyone’s gaze. “Err, anyway. Do any of you have any plans for the rest of the day? I was thinking of getting a bite to eat or something if any of you wanted to join.”

Kazem

The overall feeling in the room was one of acceptance. As a sudden sign of the meeting being mostly over, Cures made his way out of the room, leaving the rest of the club's members to their own devices. Staying silent and weighing the risks in his head, John retreated into his own being, shutting his environment out. Let's say that one of us gets killed during our trip. Does that mean the killer knows about our investigation? Even worse, could the killer be one of those who go along for the trip? As long as we keep an eye on each other, everything should be fine. I know I'm going, there's no way I would pass this chance up. Now all I have to do is plan how to endure a freaking blizzard. Its not like its particularly deadly, but still.

Looking down, he saw his fingers tapping away on the table. Quickly pulling them back into the jacket's pockets, John returned his attention to the room just in time to catch the invitation for a bit of food. In a moment of abnormality, John actually spoke up and included himself in the group. "Other than packing for a blizzard and changing into something warmer, I'm free. Where were you thinking to get something?"

Did I really just do that? No, must've just been a weird...I don't know. I did just say that, didn't I? Here I was just going to go home, pack a bag and maybe write a note for when we all get lost in the blizzard. I can't back out now, that'd just be odd and a bit rude. Well...crap. Guess I gotta commit now.
Feeling a thumping on his hands, he looked down and once again reeled back his drumming hands. Breaking a habit years old, he looked back up and made eye contact with Crystal, his face showing a relaxed but straight expression. "If, er, you don't mind me tagging along that is."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back