• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Personal Disappointments and Pleasures in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dream_wielder

Overall, Kingdom Hearts III was an incredible in my opinion. I enjoyed the story, the size of the worlds, and even the improved swimming feature applied to The Carribean after it was always such a frustrating task in Atlantica (KH1). But there were definitely things that irked me into disappointment. *I WOULDN'T READ PAST THIS POINT IF YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED THE GAME*. In particular, Twlight Town’s explorative value was vastly diminished. I’m sure I’m not alone when I expressed dismay at trying to venture up the cobbled hill to the train station only to realize it was just an exit to the world map. Not a single Final Fantasy character made a return (which meant no new Sephiroth showdown). Also, it was much less overall challenging than previous installments. That may be a biased outlook for myself and other seasoned KH vets who were already familiar with the largely unchanged controls and skill sets. But the combat was fluid, the story came together a little more clearly, and it was just such a relief and a dream come true to actually have the game to play. So, what were the things you were most pleased and disappointed about when it comes to III?

Vivi-gamer

While I was dissastisfied with the compressed Twilight Town, I will say the areas we did get were packed with so much content, from interesting NPC's to an outdoor cinema! But like you I first wen't to get out the Gangs Den only to be dissapointed by the World Exit prompt.

I think the biggest problem I have is the lack of Post-Game content... I know we could be considered spoilt by the Fnial Mix version of past titles but it's very bare bones in comparison to their original versions too - No Collusuem Battles!

Also the lack of FF presence was an issue yes - Especially considering they had the FF Toys in Toy Story's World - I cannot believe Bahamut was not a Post-Game Boss, Especially after how Rex refferences it in the cutscene!

With all that said, I adored the 40 hours playthrough from Start to finish! I really did! Exploring the seas of The Carribean was bliss! And I loved Donald's sass during the story, teasing Sora any chance he got. But I felt very content with the majority of the story, Birth By Sleep related content inparticular was handled wonderful.

UltimaXOmega

Spoiler Spoiler Show

TepidShark

Awards
100 Acre Wood being in there was pointless. I mean it's literally one small area and one mini-game that has three variations. Weird they thought they had to include that as part of a numbered title but not arena battles in Olympus (the area behind Zeus could totally work).

David/Vaddix

100 Acre Wood being in there was pointless. I mean it's literally one small area and one mini-game that has three variations. Weird they thought they had to include that as part of a numbered title but not arena battles in Olympus (the area behind Zeus could totally work).

Coliseums seemed to be replaced by the battlegates, but I really am thrown off by Twilight Town and 100 Acre Wood. I didn't expect anything to be smaller in kh3 & the fact that they're so limited is kinda infuriating. Overall, the game is great but this makes me kinda confused and upset. A DLC expansion would be nice😀.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In contrast to Woods & TT, I thought Corona & Arendelle were too big. Or more specifically the forest & Mountain regions respectively. I'm surprised at not being able to visit Elsa's ice palace or the kingdom itself.

Davy Jones sucked as a boss. Barbossa or heck Hook were more engaging.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel like it was sort of an exchange. The coliseum fights were basically done to give depth to Olympus Coliseum (in KH1) due to the world being basically 2 small areas. The other worlds were also not that large to explore, so they needed something to give us something to do postgame. Now that the Disney worlds are huge, having one set place to fight a bunch of heartless (in the same setting) compared to having multiple large worlds to do that same thing doesn't seem as relevant. The only thing the coliseum would have over exploring the worlds and fighting heartless would be the challenge of doing it and fighting exclusive bosses (like Leon/Cloud etc). I haven't played the game after beating it, so I don't know what's after (apparently more bosses), but I really wish the coliseum was there just to feature Final Fantasy boss fights.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The game's incredible. But if I had to nitpick it's the silly ending and the lack of FF characters that's a bit of a let down. I really don't care anymore because I'm enjoying the game very much.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I was disappointed that we've gone back to KH1 days where we have characters in cutscenes awkwardly not having a voice. Phil has been the character we've consistently interacted with the most in most of Olympus Coliseum's appearances and yet in his two scenes not a word from him. Was disappointed to see Hans get the voiceless treatment also.

A blatant writing flaw stands out in Corona also. In the film Flynn leaves Rapunzel after the lantern scene to give the Crown to the Stabbington brothers. But they're not in KH3 and yet the same scenario happens when he leaves her and gets captured with no explanation. Worlds should be written to where seeing the film isn't a prerequisite to understanding what's going on. They didn't even try to explain Hans' role to someone who hasn't seen the film.

100 Acre Wood.......wow. What a disgrace. Not cutting them any slack on this one since it was marketed as an actual world, not the 100 Acre Garden. Twilight Town sucked too. Such a letdown to have that level of detail yet we're restricted to basically 2 areas from KH2.

A flagrant lack of non-Disney keyblades. Would've liked to have been wielding something more epic looking during the final section.

I was probably expecting too much but I thought Kairi and Lea would play a more active role in the story prior to the Keyblade Graveyard.

That's the major stuff that disappointed me while I was experiencing the game. There's stuff like no FF or Radiant Garden but I pretty much knew about that stuff going in. Doesn't make it any less disappointing. The other stuff mentioned were things that surprised me while I was playing.

omegalucas

Awards
I heard phil wasn't given a VA this time because his VA or the person that played phil died and they kept his character silent in this game in order to show respects to him

Both Robert Constanzo (Phil's voice in Kingdom Hearts) and Danny DeVito (his voice in the movie) are still alive.

Awards
After thinking, I do have one disappointment.

It should've been Sora, Riku, and Kairi as the main party. Or at least have them be members 4 and 5.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The game's incredible. But if I had to nitpick it's the silly ending and the lack of FF characters that's a bit of a let down. I really don't care anymore because I'm enjoying the game very much.

Outside of a Final Fantasy character for Olympus, I really don't know how you could have weaved in Final Fantasy with this considering everything that it was tackling.

Also, some of Master Xehanort's delivery for certain lines were really questionable, especially the battle lines.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I heard phil wasn't given a VA this time because his VA or the person that played phil died and they kept his character silent in this game in order to show respects to him

You don't just awkwardly dump on a character just because the VA died. If that's the case then MX should've been silent too.

Onion Knight

This game delivered in pretty much everything except for Xehanort's motivation. I can't tell if it's poorly presented or just plain stupid.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Good things (I am posting spoilers, just warning, I know this is the spoilers section, but still...):

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Disappointments (Very end game spoiler heavy!):

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

mytomxxx

I'm a bit disappointed because they said they wound't show the final bosses of the worlds, and they did, almost all of them.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
After did all that can be done with it, Imma say it: KH III has by far the best Gummiship section of the series.
And it's not the "least worse", it's actually good and engaging.
There's still a bunch of stuff you have to figure out on your own, but that's nothing new.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
After did all that can be done with it, Imma say it: KH III has by far the best Gummiship section of the series.
And it's not the "least worse", it's actually good and engaging.
There's still a bunch of stuff you have to figure out on your own, but that's nothing new.

I suppose. But for me the Gummi Ship stuff was just a waste of time and I didn't want to have to do it. It was neat that you were actually flying around in an open space where you could direct yourself where to go, but I just couldn't get myself to care about it. The boss fight music was pretty good, though.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing, pacing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back