• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Personal Disappointments and Pleasures in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

radiovana

I finished the game a few days ago and I've been waiting for this moment, as we all have, for years. It was bittersweet. It might be my conspiracy but others have expressed the same thought.. that maybe Disney was more interested in their own promotional agendas so much, that they pushed aside the kh story that we appreciated so f-ing much in favor of their stupid disney stories. Usually in some way at the least the disney worlds hold strong connection to the plot and this game didn't really have that. The disney worlds felt isolated from the story if anything. Disney was so focused in stupid disney fan service they neglected the whole plot. I feel like they pushed Square enix into shoving the story towards the end taking away from those moments of rescuing aqua, ventus, terra, xion, roxas by rushing through it. I also was really upset that Riku and Kairi were neglected as main characters of the saga. They deserved their own play throughs to showcase how they've progressed as characters through these games. Kairi got the most neglect being forced to be a damsel i distress in the end. I just wish we got the Kingdom Hearts we deserved instead disney stealing the spotlight to use it as one big disneyland advertisement.

Other than that it does feel like the combat was a little dumbed down for new players.. not to say it was bad. I did enjoy it but it wasn't as good as KH2. I was also disappointed that Sora and Kairi's poapu fruit moment was rushed. It was supposed to be a meaninful moment and something that was long awaited and it was minimized to pull at our heart strings to set up for the heartbreaking ending. I am thankful for the whole story nonetheless. I just wish it was executed better.

Laurel

Awards
Overall I had a fun time playing it, I loved most of the Disney Worlds (Arendalle was alright, but there was a lot of wasted potential with it, and 100 Acre Woods was cute but they could've at least added more mini games to it. It felt like a last minute thing.) The gameplay was enjoyable and the extra stuff like finding ingredients and taking photos was fun. I was so happy that you could take pictures during the final battles. I would probably give the game a B, it was decent enough and I would def play it again, but I would likely skip the cutscenes because they're sooo long.

I'll put my disappointments under spoilers just incase.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I will never understand why Aeleus and Dilan didn't have dialogue. That didn't need to have large roles but that could have spared a word or two.

What did Belle elbow Xaldin so hard he lost the ability to speak?

Awards
I mentioned this in another thread but my biggest disappointment was the lack of interaction between all the characters at the end.

Sora literally went half the game trying to get Roxas back, trying this that and everything, and then when he finally shows up, there's hardly anything at all between them.

On the subject of Sora, I hate how he's the one to fight literally everyone's fights for them. That bit at the end? Everyone else must be incompetent, including the three actual true keyblade masters.

What they should've done was given us a playable character from each group. They already let us play as Aqua and Riku so it's not like they had to give us new skill sets for them. I mean, even if we jumped in with Sora for the Kairi/Lea it would've been ok since they were newbies, but ALL the fights?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mentioned this in another thread but my biggest disappointment was the lack of interaction between all the characters at the end.

Sora literally went half the game trying to get Roxas back, trying this that and everything, and then when he finally shows up, there's hardly anything at all between them.

On the subject of Sora, I hate how he's the one to fight literally everyone's fights for them. That bit at the end? Everyone else must be incompetent, including the three actual true keyblade masters.

What they should've done was given us a playable character from each group. They already let us play as Aqua and Riku so it's not like they had to give us new skill sets for them. I mean, even if we jumped in with Sora for the Kairi/Lea it would've been ok since they were newbies, but ALL the fights?

So, I would have loved to at least play as Riku and Aqua during their clear segments in the Keyblade Graveyard. I assume if they had picked someone else from the remaining group it would have been Roxas since he was OP as a party member already lol.

Like all that sounds great, I do sorta wish they went that direction, but I guess I also keep remembering since Birth by Sleep they have been hammering it in that Sora would be the one to save EVERYONE. I guess I wouldn't have minded if they had sorta fudged that a little to give others some moments. But, I guess I am not surprised that they stuck with their guns. I guess in a way I am glad they kept it consistent.

As for the final fight, I mean Mickey did try to gather Riku and Aqua to fight Xehanort together lol. Its not like they were incompetent, they just trusted in Sora, Donald and Goofy? I think it was fitting for the original trio to end this saga. As much as I love some of the other characters. It was fitting. I guess I also don't expect any of them to go anywhere lol. Especially TAV, since Ven is intwined with the Foretellers and everything.

I will never understand why Aeleus and Dilan didn't have dialogue. That didn't need to have large roles but that could have spared a word or two.
What did Belle elbow Xaldin so hard he lost the ability to speak?

I guess all I can think is since they didn't have large roles someone on the corporate side decided it was best to not even waste money on their actors this game? But they also thought people would be more mad about excluding them I guess, same concept with Phil. I guess not everyone feels that way tho lol. My other friends said it felt like rubbing it in your face they didn't get them voiced and it would have been better to just be like "where were they??? oh well"

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Laurel

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

UltimaXOmega

I love how they censored Fire so it has no burn damage(again) yet keep the annoying burning butt animation for Sora. Gameplay altering censorship is BS.

Back