• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Petition for an Attraction Kingdom Hearts at the Tokyo Disney Resort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

melozyx

Good morning or evening everyone,

As a Kingdom Hearts fan, I hope that one day I'll be able to see a Kingdom Hearts attraction. It's probably not happen tomorrow, but a petition costs nothing!

Do not hesitate to sign and share it. If you have know some people from different countries it would be even better, we have to show that fans around the world would like to see this project born.

The petition: http://chng.it/qYBCKWxjGS

Oh and by the way, if you know other websites to make petitions don't hesitate to make one and share it under!

Soldier

Awards
Yeaahhhh No,

I'm going to be as blunt as a butter knife with you neophyte, Everyone would want a KH attraction (myself included) but a petition probably isn't going to cut it. Just because Kingdom Hearts is made in association with Disney does not mean that it IS a Disney property. It exists in this weird limbo of being owned by square Enix,Tetsuya Nomura and Disney, and for it to appear in anything aside from Square Enix properties, a lot of planning and work needs to be done to make sure that
A: The characters are acting in character and
B: everyone is satisfied
That's the reason why Sora isn't in Smash, That is why compared to most things in pop culture it doesn't get that much representation. That's the reason why it doesn't show up in Disney Parks save for some small promotional events (such as Tokyo Disneyland having a statue of KH characters to celebrate Re:coded's release, Mickey appearing in KH attire at D23, etc.). So I think that what representation we DO have (A few pins, shirts, posters, books and Diamond Select toy figurines that sometimes make us laugh). Is enough for the time being.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I recommend you watch any Disney documentary, just any. Rides cost a disgusting amount of money to make and maintain, something Disney can afford to do. However, the Mouse loves his cheese so they gotta use mainstream properties to attract customers. At best maybe they can do a KH focused parade for about a month, or a daily event at their parks.

I do know that the Tokyo parks are operated by the Oriental Land Company but Disney has the control when it comes to the ideas for themes and rides.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean, I want one but I don’t think it is feasible. Disney will want to use properties that are more timeless than KH. KH will live only for as long as it’s creator and fans live (unless Disney ever decides to really capitalize on the property in the future), but it is not timeless like the films and stuff. That stuff can be shown to generations of children and adults and it will always remain in the collective conscience of our global society as a whole.

Yeaahhhh No,

I'm going to be as blunt as a butter knife with you neophyte, Everyone would want a KH attraction (myself included) but a petition probably isn't going to cut it. Just because Kingdom Hearts is made in association with Disney does not mean that it IS a Disney property. It exists in this weird limbo of being owned by square Enix,Tetsuya Nomura and Disney, and for it to appear in anything aside from Square Enix properties, a lot of planning and work needs to be done to make sure that
A: The characters are acting in character and
B: everyone is satisfied
That's the reason why Sora isn't in Smash, That is why compared to most things in pop culture it doesn't get that much representation. That's the reason why it doesn't show up in Disney Parks save for some small promotional events (such as Tokyo Disneyland having a statue of KH characters to celebrate Re:coded's release, Mickey appearing in KH attire at D23, etc.). So I think that what representation we DO have (A few pins, shirts, posters, books and Diamond Select toy figurines that sometimes make us laugh). Is enough for the time being.

That isn’t necessarily true. Disney has full ownership of the IP, but for contractual and bureaucratic reasons, SE and Nomura have control over the handling of the IP (mostly...it’s a partnership, after all. My point is that if SE were to go bankrupt and shut down right now at this very moment, Disney would still have KH at the end of the day.)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Unfortunately, I can’t see Disney ever prioritizing KH over so many of their other IPs that have yet to receive the attraction treatment. The most we’ll ever get is something like a limited time VR experience and the rare meet and greets around the time a big game releases. An Easter egg in the rumored Wreck It Ralph attraction at WDW would be nice though.

It doesn’t help that COVID-19 has put almost all of their planned construction projects on hold indefinitely. With that in mind and no offense intended, I don’t think it’s a good time to pass around a petition like this when so many Disney employees are currently out of their jobs. Maybe we could revisit this idea when things in the parks start to normalize.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Right now it's a definite no. But if the series gains more popularity and
becomes mainstream over the next couple of years I could see at least one ride in the future. Though I like Absent's idea of a KH parade or event. I'd attend those if I could

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also honestly, Tokyo Disneyland has gone through some major developments this year. They aren’t going to be making any major new rides for awhile.

Same with Tokyo DisneySea.

Until these parks can recover financially from what has probably been their worst year in a long time, they are likely going to avoid any new rides and focus on revamping old rides or limited time events because they are less costly and easier to do.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would positively love a attraction for Kingdom Hearts! I would travel to Tokyo just for that alone. But as others have said it's likely not going to happen. I would love one though, and be pleasantly surprised if one appeared or do the parade idea as said above.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I will say that I’ve always wished the Sorcerors of the Kingdom game at WDW would be re-themed to KH. For those who aren’t familiar, it’s an interactive scavenger hunt experience where you go around the park and find keyholes that you activate with a magic band. An animated clip then plays on a screen that advances the story and players use spell cards to “fight” Disney villains at each stop. Considering it already has a keyhole motif, it would be so easy to re-theme It to Kingdom Hearts. All they would really need to change is the animations that play. They could also sell toy Keyblades kids could use to activate the Keyholes instead of their magic bands like the wands at Universal’s Wizarding World.

I’ve never been able to think of a solid idea for a KH roller coaster or dark ride, but I think an interactive experience like this could be cool.

welken

Awards
An indoor roller coaster, or one of those simulated movement rooms, that takes you through a kaleidoscopic tour of multiple worlds set to Shimomura music (or the classic Simple and Clean planitb remix) would indeed be insanely pleasurable. It's unlikely to happen, but that's everyone's loss.
A Haunted Mansionesque physical tour through Hollow Bastion (and the events therein from KH1) would also be something to behold. Even if people didn't know KH, they would be taken in by the sheer beauty. A recreation of the dockside of Destiny Island at one of the waterparks, or a little shopping nook in the Magic Kingdom inspired by Traverse or Twilight Town would be nice too. Not that I plan on visiting Disneyland/world any time soon (regardless of any pestilence) and it's certainly not high on my list of places to see in Japan, so... 🤷‍♂️ But, it's fun to think about. Besides Donald and Goofy mascots in their KH outfits, an innocent Large Body waddling about the park would be cute.

This talk of theme parks makes me suddenly wonder if Michael Jackson ever played Kingdom Hearts. I think he would have liked it.

MusicBadger

An indoor roller coaster, or one of those simulated movement rooms, that takes you through a kaleidoscopic tour of multiple worlds set to Shimomura music (or the classic Simple and Clean planitb remix) would indeed be insanely pleasurable. It's unlikely to happen, but that's everyone's loss.
A Haunted Mansionesque physical tour through Hollow Bastion (and the events therein from KH1) would also be something to behold. Even if people didn't know KH, they would be taken in by the sheer beauty. A recreation of the dockside of Destiny Island at one of the waterparks, or a little shopping nook in the Magic Kingdom inspired by Traverse or Twilight Town would be nice too. Not that I plan on visiting Disneyland/world any time soon (regardless of any pestilence) and it's certainly not high on my list of places to see in Japan, so... 🤷‍♂️ But, it's fun to think about. Besides Donald and Goofy mascots MCDVOICE in their KH outfits, an innocent Large Body waddling about the park would be cute.

This talk of theme parks makes me suddenly wonder if Michael Jackson ever played Kingdom Hearts. I think he would have liked it.

Disney will want to use properties that are more timeless than KH. KH will live only for as long as it’s creator and fans live (unless Disney ever decides to really capitalize on the property in the future), but it is not timeless like the films and stuff. That stuff can be shown to generations of children and adults and it will always remain in the collective conscience of our global society as a whole.

Last edited:
Back