• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Photos of 10th Anniversary 3D+Days+Re:coded Box!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Hmmm, seems a bit steep for me considering I own Days and Re:coded (and clocked many an hour in them). Maybe I'll sling back the brand new copies to the store for some credit after the purchase. >D

The box (with the addition of the Wayfinder icon and other novelties) and the 3ds cover are really the only things I care for in this set.

Hurray! :) Someone else who came to the same conclusion as me :p

I at time buy extra copies of some of my games, plus I need a 3DS (My DS is cracked) None of my are broken (Just freeze when I use Action Replay)

Yeah, I got a 3DS because my DS broke as well :p

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Something that irks me personally about the box, though... ugh, I'm ocd - they should have switched the crown and the Dreameater Spirit icon, that way there would have been a fluid pattern of heart shapes next to non-heart shapes. :E

My eyes will zoom to that 1 o' clock spot everytime I see it. Pass. :/

mykatsuki

I hope it comes out of Japan, that box would look so nice next to my Complete OST's box <3

The 3DS cover looks pretty nice too, just like the Days DSi one did. :3

Why would you want to sell your 3DS though to get the box? Then you can't play DDD :/

yea i know i actually realized that after i pressed enter haha, since i saaw the japanese kh 3ds i really liked it but i cnt get it since if i do, i wnt b able to play my game haha

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
It's so beautiful.. I won't buy it cause I'm not fan of the 3DS but it's gorgeous, there are no words to describe it

UPDATE

do we have any confirmation if this is the "something special" Nomura wanted to do for the 10th Anniversary?
I'm pretty certain the "something special" is the HD test which should be next month if I remember from ages ago. But now about the box, I personally am disappointed by this because there's not much new about it and the protective case doesn't look as amazing as the case of the Limited Edition 3DS. I am one who won't be getting this, even though I have collected so much from KH.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Can't everyone who already has Re:Coded and Days just sell them back to the store? :/ Then the box would be "worth it" because you are paying for what you bought.

You make it sound like by selling it back you will get full price at the place you bought it from? At Gamestop, where I bought my Days copy, and at Nintendo World where I got Re:Coded, they both have a limited time that you can bring the game back and get full price. A couple years later is too long and I'll be lucky enough at this point to even get $10 for either of them, brand new. Another huge problem with this, I want to get both this box, and the limited edition 3DS. However, both versions come with Dream Drop Distance. What do I do then? I can't return either copy since I don't have a receipt, and Gamestop's store credit is significantly worse than its retail price, so I'm losing even more money then.

In the end, SE did not think this through...at all. The only people who will even know that this box exists are the hardcore fans, the same fans who will already have Re:Coded and Days, so at this point, I don't think that box will sell well.

Oh maaan, I need to have that. But yeah, like Sora 2016 said, I'm not sure if I want to sell my copy of Days and Re:Coded, or to have doubles either.. hmm. But in my book, for all that $200 is ridiculously little. I'll definitely get it if it comes overseas.

$200 is not little at all. It is actually extremely pricey. Lets think about how much each game cost the day it came out, full priced.

358/2 Days - $30
Re:Coded - $30
Dream Drop Distance - $40
3DS Special Case - (lets be generous and say $20; most are around $10)

Still, that means you are paying $80 for 12 postcards, and a few art pieces. I don't know how rich you are, but that is NOT a good deal...AT ALL.

Vəntus;5757772 said:
I'm pretty certain the "something special" is the HD test which should be next month if I remember from ages ago. But now about the box, I personally am disappointed by this because there's not much new about it and the protective case doesn't look as amazing as the case of the Limited Edition 3DS. I am one who won't be getting this, even though I have collected so much from KH.

An HD test was never mentioned so I don't know about that, but I have to agree with you that I am very disappointed with this box. There isn't much new about it, and I collect a lot of KH stuff that is official including all the Play Arts, Static Arts, Formation Arts, plushes, guides, games, keychains, fruit snacks, promotional pieces, blankets, clothes, etc. so this is a real hit towards my collection considering I'm not even sure if they are releasing this overseas and if they do, I might have to choose between this box and the limited edition console.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hurray! :) Someone else who came to the same conclusion as me :p

That's a really good idea actually. Lol. Since we could just return the unopened games inside the box and return them for a full refund.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
You make it sound like by selling it back you will get full price at the place you bought it from? At Gamestop, where I bought my Days copy, and at Nintendo World where I got Re:Coded, they both have a limited time that you can bring the game back and get full price. A couple years later is too long and I'll be lucky enough at this point to even get $10 for either of them, brand new. Another huge problem with this, I want to get both this box, and the limited edition 3DS. However, both versions come with Dream Drop Distance. What do I do then? I can't return either copy since I don't have a receipt, and Gamestop's store credit is significantly worse than its retail price, so I'm losing even more money then.

In the end, SE did not think this through...at all. The only people who will even know that this box exists are the hardcore fans, the same fans who will already have Re:Coded and Days, so at this point, I don't think that box will sell well.

$200 is not little at all. It is actually extremely pricey. Lets think about how much each game cost the day it came out, full priced.

358/2 Days - $30
Re:Coded - $30
Dream Drop Distance - $40
3DS Special Case - (lets be generous and say $20; most are around $10)

Still, that means you are paying $80 for 12 postcards, and a few art pieces. I don't know how rich you are, but that is NOT a good deal...AT ALL.

Yeah, that's true. I will still do this if it comes over here; however, you are wrong on one important point:

You are applying the American pricing of the games and cover to the Japanese price of the box. Which do not match up....at all. Japan has much higher costs for the games, and probably the cover as well. In other words, that IS good pricing for Japan. If it comes over here it will be cheaper. :/

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Photos of 10th Anniversary 3D+Days+Re:coded Box! - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The box includes:

• A stylish box with KH-themed art throughout
    [*]Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    [*]Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
    [*]Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
  • 12 postcards with the covers of past titles
  • a protective cover for your 3DS

The 10th Anniversary box will be sold for ¥15,000 (about $200) and the special edition 3DS for ¥21,090 (about $270).

I came.

Even if we did get this, I'm not buying it, though it's beautiful and I'd get it if not for the copies of Re: coded and Days coming with it (still don't understand that move tbh). I'm perfectly fine with the 3DS that I pray comes overseas. Still, those postcards... T-T

Oran

Awards
Hmmm It all looks vary nice especially the 3DS cover but its the DS games that bug me. Like everyones saying it makes it more expensive and I dont want to have to sell my old games, I worked so hard unlocking Sora and Micky in days...aw well darn money always geting in the way.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Hmmm It all looks vary nice especially the 3DS cover but its the DS games that bug me. Like everyones saying it makes it more expensive and I dont want to have to sell my old games, I worked so hard unlocking Sora and Micky in days...aw well darn money always geting in the way.

People were suggesting that you could buy the anniversary edition and sell the new copies of 358/2 Days & Re:Coded, so you wouldn't lose the hours you put into your own copies.

impart

Climb The Sky
ehhh does it make me a bad fan if I dont get this?

oh wait, I already am a bad fan....

Wanted something better for sticking with this series for 10 years, but im not really surprised that all we get are copies of 3 side games and some pieces of cardboard

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm tempted to get the box since I gave my copies of Re:coded and Days to a friends for a birthday and Christmas gift, and plus postcards & art makes me get all happy inside. Plus, I want the box, too. It's not the best gift ever for a 10th anniversary, but it certainly is better than none at all. Plus there are some people who don't have all the games yet/anymore.

ehhh does it make me a bad fan if I dont get this?

oh wait, I already am a bad fan....

Wanted something better for sticking with this series for 10 years, but im not really surprised that all we get are copies of 2 side games and 1 main bridge game some pieces of cardboard

Fix'd. ;D

impart

Climb The Sky
^eeeeeeh they are just calling it a main bridge game so people buy it. Who releases main bridge games on a handheld..

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
^eeeeeeh they are just calling it a main bridge game so people buy it. Who releases main bridge games on a handheld..

Uh, do you even remember CoM and BbS, the first being a bridge game and the second being an actual main game? They're not doing console games until Versus is done with.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

-looks at Chain of Memories on the Gameboy Advance, which was totally necessary to understand Kingdom Hearts 2-

impart

Climb The Sky
but as far as money, care, quality, and time that were put into it. I wouldn't call them main series games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back