• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pinocchio live action remake: "And the Cricket will be CGI"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
Spoilers man, they're everywhere. If there's even a single hint of KH references in a movie this forum will be on it like flies on a horse.
Which begs the question: in the trailer for Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio, the cricket is writing in a journal, most likely chronicling the events of that film. Nod to Jiminy’s kh role or coincidence

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The new trailer looks great! I'm glad it actually seems to be attempting to re-make the movie it's a remake of...! Who knew?

Sonofjafar

Awards
The new trailer looks great! I'm glad it actually seems to be attempting to re-make the movie it's a remake of...! Who knew?
You aren’t wrong. However, I doubt Pleasure Island’ll keep it’s business model of “give children booze and cigars”. A minor difference but it kind of weakens the whole temptation part of the place

On that note, I doubt Luke Evans can pull off this face

disney-villains-coachman2.jpg

Megavoltage

Awards
I'm not exited for the film but I do like how Nu Monstro looks. This freaky kaiju would be a cool KH boss.
Remember the whale fight in BBS? That but on steroids.

WaltK

Awards
I’m watching it right now and all I have to say is:

Has anybody gone and made Disney live-action remake bingo card yet? Quite a few things would be ticked off by now if I had one.

WaltK

Awards
Here’s a rundown now that I’ve watched all the way through:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
A few points @Ernest_Panda.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

WaltK

Awards
All valid points @Soldier , except

- I dunno, if my head was made out of pine and I was discriminated against by the one person (the schoolmaster) I was told to follow, why wouldn't I eventually end up at pleasure island? In this version the urchins (and yes, they're clearly intended to be street urchins) state that they've been swept up off the street after dark, and that Pinocchio should know this. This implies that it's sort of an established "cautionary tale in a cautionary tale" like how the boogeyman was created to discourage bad behavior or fairy tales scaring kids from running away into the forest. Geppetto likely put two and two together and knew that's where he'd end up.
Gepetto doesn’t even know what happened to Pinocchio at this point. As far as he knew, he went to school and never came back. He doesn’t know that Pinocchio got kicked out, or was discriminated against by the teacher. Indeed, Pinocch first tells him about the incident when they’re reunited at sea.

Sonofjafar

Awards
ok. just saw the donkey scene and i gotta say two things:

1. Jiminiy entering the scene with a firework kind of kills the imapact of the horrific sight this scene is supposed to be

2. Lampwick's fearful cries for help are kind of downplayed.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
A few points @Ernest_Panda.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I liked it. I believe the only thing I didn't like was the Coachman's song, that part was disappointing and the ending felt a little fast to me. I loved Tom Hanks, Honest John, Stromboli, and Figaro in particular. Gordon-Levitt actually managed to sound a lot like the original, which wasn't something I thought he was going to try to do (at least the early trailers he sounded mostly like himself). The 3D for Honest John, Gideon and Pinocchio were all pretty good to me? Of course Figaro didn't blend nearly as well as those character, but they really nailed the mannerisms at least. Cleo on the other hand was pretty lifeless.

Back