• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pirates of the Caribbean

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This already looks way better than the fourth film, and they got rid of Penelope Cruz. All good things. And basically brought the whole crew back from the originals (aside from Pintel and Ragetti ;-; ), so it's definitely hitting the right notes to me. Has more of a vibe of the first film too. I don't expect it to top the third film for me, but I'd love to see it outdone by this.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE NOT COMING BACK???

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well one of them is stuck playing Grumpy on Once Upon a Time, the other is tied down by several major projects.

Silenttuner

As far as I can see, "Pirates of the Carribean" is full of fantasy series and that's why I love it. I'm also interested because it is a Disney film.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Wonder what monsters the new crew is this time?

They're ghosts this time. Nothing too crazy, but they surely went very stylistic with the choice, which is great by me.

Those two aren't coming back? They were the best characters :(

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE NOT COMING BACK???

What sucks big time is Disney both asked them to be available, which they agreed to, but decided not to call them back =(

which makes me wonder how they'll deal with their absence again, cause in the fourth it was kind of implied that everyone on the Pearl died except Barbossa? But in this new one, Marty (the little guy) is confirmed to be back, so he survived somehow? Was not on the ship during Blackbeard's attack? It'll be strange nonetheless.

Another sad absence I found out was Jack the monkey won't be in it either (thanks australia), neither will Cotton =/ no word on the parrot though ha.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
This already looks way better than the fourth film, and they got rid of Penelope Cruz. All good things. And basically brought the whole crew back from the originals (aside from Pintel and Ragetti ;-; ), so it's definitely hitting the right notes to me. Has more of a vibe of the first film too. I don't expect it to top the third film for me, but I'd love to see it outdone by this.

The third film was always my least favorite of the original three. It has a lot of fascinating ideas and some iconic moments (namely Beckett's death, which is probably the classiest death scene in movie history), but it's also bloated as hell. Wayyyy too many ideas thrown in all at once, I think. I never got around to seeing the fourth film, but I've never heard much of anything good about that one from others, so I'm not in much of a hurry to check it out.

That said, this film looks like a big return to form for me. The vibe definitely reminds me a lot of the first film, which I think is fantastic. I'm really hoping that this new character Henry is the film's main protagonist and not Jack. I get that Jack's the most iconic part of the franchise and all, but the character works best when he's a wacky foil to a more normal/relatable main protagonist, like Will or Elizabeth in the original trilogy or even Sora in the Port Royal segments of Kingdom Hearts 2.

Another sad absence I found out was Jack the monkey won't be in it either (thanks australia), neither will Cotton =/ no word on the parrot though ha.

It sounded to me like Jack the Monkey is in the film; they just had a very difficult time making it work during production due to various issues popping up. I could be wrong on that though. That said, I was definitely disappointed to hear that Pintel and Ragetti weren't coming back.

I also have no clue whether or not Keira's coming back as Elizabeth or not. I certainly hope we see her though.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I will see this movie purely for Javier starring as the villain he was born to play, with the drowned god as my witness.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
The third film was always my least favorite of the original three. It has a lot of fascinating ideas and some iconic moments (namely Beckett's death, which is probably the classiest death scene in movie history), but it's also bloated as hell. Wayyyy too many ideas thrown in all at once, I think. I never got around to seeing the fourth film, but I've never heard much of anything good about that one from others, so I'm not in much of a hurry to check it out.

That said, this film looks like a big return to form for me. The vibe definitely reminds me a lot of the first film, which I think is fantastic. I'm really hoping that this new character Henry is the film's main protagonist and not Jack. I get that Jack's the most iconic part of the franchise and all, but the character works best when he's a wacky foil to a more normal/relatable main protagonist, like Will or Elizabeth in the original trilogy or even Sora in the Port Royal segments of Kingdom Hearts 2.

I don't mind long films, and the pacing in this one doesn't make it seem bloated to me. The soundtrack for the third is probably my favorite in cinema, so that's a definitely plus. 4 didn't have much going for it, soundtrack was nice in that one too, Rodrigo y Gabriela are absolutely amazing, but to me the film was only good when it was just Jack, Barbossa, or Gibbs or any combination of just them, on screen. I did not care for the new cast at all.

It really does. And I'll agree with the part on Jack's role. I think a reason in the fourth film's failure is they made him the protagonist/central focus, instead of being the side goofball reacting to everything around him. The main trilogy was Elizabeth's story, plain and simple. They tried something new with 4 (basing it off a book, eh), and it's clear it didn't quite work despite making a shit ton of money.

It sounded to me like Jack the Monkey is in the film; they just had a very difficult time making it work during production due to various issues popping up. I could be wrong on that though. That said, I was definitely disappointed to hear that Pintel and Ragetti weren't coming back.

I also have no clue whether or not Keira's coming back as Elizabeth or not. I certainly hope we see her though.

I've read they couldn't but I didn't look too far into it. I'll be sad if they weren't able to but maybe they just cgi him in or something here and there. And Kiera is done, I was flipping back through the glory days of this thread and most people thought she'd come back for a pay raise but that's turning not the case.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
You know, I just saw the trailer for the first time in a while. Yes I know the trailer's been out for weeks.

I'm... not that piqued. I mean, we already have Cursed Undead Pirates, Davy Jones himself, mermaids and now... maybe Spectres (which technically are also undead)? The CGI looks good and the soundtrack but... hmmm... really?

"Death is coming for him."

I feel like I mirror perfectly Captain Jack Sparrow's reaction would be. "Umm... okay?" I was thinking, how many have said that to him already? Lol. How can these ghosts/spectres whatever you may call them, be more of a threat than Davy Jones?

But anyway, I'm really not that hyped at all.

Rix

:)
Awards
You know, I just saw the trailer for the first time in a while. Yes I know the trailer's been out for weeks.

I'm... not that piqued. I mean, we already have Cursed Undead Pirates, Davy Jones himself, mermaids and now... maybe Spectres (which technically are also undead)? The CGI looks good and the soundtrack but... hmmm... really?

"Death is coming for him."

I feel like I mirror perfectly Captain Jack Sparrow's reaction would be. "Umm... okay?" I was thinking, how many have said that to him already? Lol. How can these ghosts/spectres whatever you may call them, be more of a threat than Davy Jones?

But anyway, I'm really not that hyped at all.
Agreed. I found the previous movie to be boring and not memorable at all. I remember something about mermaids and Penelope Cruz starred in the movie, but I can't really remember what the plot was about. Finding the fountain of youth or something?

They should've just stopped with the original triology, but they just keep milking the franchise and the Jack Sparrow character. And not even Jack Sparrow is funny anymore... It's just getting old. So yeah. I don't have high hopes for the next movie at all.

Zul

Awards
I'm neutral about it at this point. I'm not going to bother seeing it in theaters after how boring the 4th movie was (I'm glad I didn't see that in theaters either). I thought the fourth didn't have as many script-writing issues as the third one (the kiss scene during the battle...seriously...), but it really wasn't entertaining at all. "Here's another hour of Jack Sparrow waggling his fingers awkwardly." I can understand Will and Elizabeth not being there, but too much of the older cast was missing, particularly Pintel and Ragetti.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
With the 5th movie coming out soon, I'm getting hyped!
I remember seeing On Stranger Tides in the theaters when it first released and it was great!

The Dark Mamba

Awards
With the 5th movie coming out soon, I'm getting hyped!
I remember seeing On Stranger Tides in the theaters when it first released and it was great!

I'm excited to see the movie also. I was a big fan of the first 3 but I hated On Stranger Tides. The only good thing bout that movie was the scenes between Jack and Barbossa.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
[video=youtube;i3wJjLXjySg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3wJjLXjySg[/video]

Super bowl trailer

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Fuck Johnny Depp but yes to Australian cinema & Will Turner.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So did Logan start some Johnny Cash trend now? Is this how we make trailers edgy?

But oh man...Orlando Bloom with algae and barnacles growing on him is not hot, sadly.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Why is Will growing barnacles like his dad? I thought Davy's crew mutated due to him not fullfilling his duty to ferry souls

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why is Will growing barnacles like his dad? I thought Davy's crew mutated due to him not fullfilling his duty to ferry souls

Perhaps that is what is happening. Dead men sail the seas as we can see, so perhaps that is fucking up Will's job and that is why he is appearing. Jack is going to have to help fix things so Will can get those dead people back to where they belong.

Back