• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pixar villains in Future KH games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you want to see Pixar villains in Future KH games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Well, you didn't respond earlier and I have to respectfully disagree with your stance on having the OC Villains than the actual Disney antagonists...

But I...huh? I feel like you might not understand what I have been trying to say this whole time. I never said I wanted to have OC villains more present or better than Disney villains? Genuinely confused why you think I feel that way. I never claimed to prefer OC over Disney as a whole. I would love for Disney villains to have more influence and representation if it makes sense in the story. What I wouldn't want is for villains to be thrown in randomly for no reason just so that they are there. I feel the same way about any cameos, really. All the FF characters we have seen in the game were there for a reason. If Pixar villains also have a reason to be there then by all means, have them be there.

Frankly, I rather have a balance on the Disney worlds where it's either the OC villains or Disney antagonists being the main conflict of the Different Disney worlds instead of just having the OC Villains "look better" than the Disney antagonists

And that's not a bad opinion, but just to be clear you aren't actually disagreeing with me by saying any of that. Again, I never said I think the direction they took in KH3 was ultimately the best one. I was just saying that having OC villains be more powerful or manipulate the Disney villains was an OPTION that the writers could go with and one they often chose to use in KH3. I never said it was better, that I liked that way or that it was the best option. Just that it was what it was and the writers chose to do that for a reason. It technically serves a purpose in the narrative the way it is now.

Again, all I meant was that if they do throw in multiple villains in a world (not that they even have to) they had gosh darn better have a REASON for everyone being there, which is much trickier from a writing perspective than some people think. That's all.

That's just why I'm confused because I feel like we genuinely don't disagree about that?

Please don't assume just because I explain why I think the writers chose to do something means that I agree with it.

I could honestly care less if its OC villains, Disney villains, or a mix or whatever so long as the worlds feel relevant, engaging and fun. Too few people don't consider how complicated it can be to write multiple villains into a scene and have it work.

I just don't like when the Disney world is a rehashing of the movie plot, and I really enjoy when the stories take place after the movie or in an alternate timeline or something. But that can often mean the villain is already defeated and unable to be in the plot. I would much rather have a situation where the world is a completely unique story set after the film than have it set during the film JUST so the villain can be present. That doesn't feel worth it to me.

At least Xaldin, Young Xehanort, Vanitas, and Dark Riku's role as the OC villain of the Disney worlds in Beast's Castle, Toy Box, Monstropolis, and San Fransokyo respectively worked very well compared to Marluxia's role in Kingdom of Corona.

I said earlier as well that I don't think Marluxia was used very well in Corona, either. I don't think the Marluxia and Mother Gothel balance is a particular good one by any means, and I think the writing team could have found a FAR, FAR better use for Marluxia overall than what they came up with. Again, we aren't actually disagreeing here.

I said it earlier but I guess I'll mention it again here: the entire reason I brought up Marluxia in Corona as an example was to demonstrate that sometimes fighting a Heartless version of a Disney villain makes more sense in the context of what is written than just fighting the regular human version. NOT because I think it was a shining example of what I want all OC villains to do moving forward in the series.

I really think we agree more than we disagree here.

Lastly, compared to Randall and some of the other Pixar antagonists, Ernesto de La Cruz really isn't a fighter and if you watched the movie, he flees like a "pansy" when the Rivera Family confronted and went after him and only relies on his bodyguards doing the dirty work.

Him not being a fighter is exactly why I thought having his fight be a musical number or having to chase him around traps he is throwing at you would make far more sense. As I said, they can find so many fun ways to give him a creative boss fight that isn't just a fist fight.

And, incidentally, him NOT being a fighter is actually why I feel like he is far more likely to BE a fight in the game (again, as an indirect combatant) because there is less risk of Disney restricting the character being used in a battle setting. Not to mention Coco has so many amazing possibilities it would be insane not to have it as a world eventually.

Regarding Ernesto de La Cruz, depending on where the original story for the Coco world will take place (after or before the events of the film), I think the likely route for Ernesto is have the Coco world be a prequel to the film and have him be just indirectly mentioned by Héctor or someone else...

Actually, Coco is one of the worlds where I could see it more easily actually taking place during the film. Have it be set right before Miguel is trying to sneak into the house party. For whatever reason Sora, Riku, Kairi or whoever decides to help him get a chance to meet his hero and the world is an attempt to sneak into the party. Stuff happens, we get the whole reveal that Ernesto is a bad dude, our Keyblade protagonist is shook and wants to help his friends confront the guy thus leading to the boss fight against him.

...only to have his concert be briefly interrupted by a Giant Nightmare Dream Eater

Yeah, I can definitely picture this. Just considering the possible designs is pretty exciting.

I do however, think that depending on who the protagonist is in this world could have a massive hand in when it takes place during Coco's story. It really depends on what the theme of the game is but there are quite a lot of very exciting possibilities, I think.

Regarding Wall-E, while I love the film honestly I'd rather have Wall-E, EVE and M-O being construction/maintenance robots for Ansem the Wise and his apprentices in Radiant Garden, instead of visiting a world based on Wall-E or doing an original storyline

Yeah, having a whole world based on Wall-E would be pretty difficult, all things considered. In my head I was mostly just trying to brainstorm boss battle scenarios regardless of how much sense it made or how the characters even got into that situation in the first place, haha.

I think overall looking at the lineup of various Pixar properties probably the ones I am most interested in seeing would be an adventure in the Finding Nemo universe, Coco, Brave and a Bug's Life. Unfortunately I have trouble seeing how ABL would fit into a KH storyline easily so that one is probably never making it in. Finding Nemo doesn't really have a central antagonist--but it would just be fun to adventure through and they could very easily design some enemies or heartless to appear there.

I just really hope they don't ever try to put Cars in...

Also I apologize for not responding to you on a more timely schedule. I live in Japan so my time zone is probably a bit off compared to most people on the forums, unfortunately.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't blame you, but obviously he wouldn't fit the story for KH3's Monster's Inc. world so as @Roxas_Falcon04_#13 said it himself I'm perfectly okay he's not in it.

But unlike the Undead Pirates from Port Royal in KH2, Ernesto de La Cruz isn't a fighter and as I said before if you watched the movie, he flees like a coward when the Rivera Family confronted him and went after him and only relies on his guards doing the dirty work.

Frankly, I think it makes sense if they go with the prequel route for the Coco world and have him just be a cameo character, without Sora and the gang ever encountering him, but that's just me.
Again, you don't need to be a fighter to be a boss. I'll mention him again, not only was Oogie Boogie not a fighter but just as cowardly as Ernesto. He spends the last portion of NBC running away from Jack Skelington as he made his way through his traps. If they can make him a boss why not Ernesto? We're limiting ourselves if we can only battle 'fighter' Disney characters because most aren't fighters.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I regard to MATGSY's point some Pixar baddies being dead there is actually a fairly easy way to bring them back. Maleficent. She brought back Oogie Boogie, she could do the same with Syndrome or Hooper

Foxycian

Awards
My opinion for this

1.Toy story
Lotso (Zurg is Good option too)

2. Monster Inc
Randel (we already got him just missing his boss fight)

3. Finding Nemo
Bruce (altho not a real villain but when he smells blood he kinda is?)

4. The incredibles
Syndrome

5. Wall-E
Auto

6. brave
Mor’du

7. Coco
Ernesto de la Cruz

8. The Good Dinosaur
Thunderclap

Ofc there are many Pixar movies but those villains now are the ones on the top of my head in each of these worlds.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
But I...huh? I feel like you might not understand what I have been trying to say this whole time. I never said I wanted to have OC villains more present or better than Disney villains? Genuinely confused why you think I feel that way. I never claimed to prefer OC over Disney as a whole. I would love for Disney villains to have more influence and representation if it makes sense in the story. What I wouldn't want is for villains to be thrown in randomly for no reason just so that they are there. I feel the same way about any cameos, really. All the FF characters we have seen in the game were there for a reason. If Pixar villains also have a reason to be there then by all means, have them be there.

And that's not a bad opinion, but just to be clear you aren't actually disagreeing with me by saying any of that. Again, I never said I think the direction they took in KH3 was ultimately the best one. I was just saying that having OC villains be more powerful or manipulate the Disney villains was an OPTION that the writers could go with and one they often chose to use in KH3. I never said it was better, that I liked that way or that it was the best option. Just that it was what it was and the writers chose to do that for a reason. It technically serves a purpose in the narrative the way it is now.

Again, all I meant was that if they do throw in multiple villains in a world (not that they even have to) they had gosh darn better have a REASON for everyone being there, which is much trickier from a writing perspective than some people think. That's all.

That's just why I'm confused because I feel like we genuinely don't disagree about that?

Please don't assume just because I explain why I think the writers chose to do something means that I agree with it.

I could honestly care less if its OC villains, Disney villains, or a mix or whatever so long as the worlds feel relevant, engaging and fun. Too few people don't consider how complicated it can be to write multiple villains into a scene and have it work.

I just don't like when the Disney world is a rehashing of the movie plot, and I really enjoy when the stories take place after the movie or in an alternate timeline or something. But that can often mean the villain is already defeated and unable to be in the plot. I would much rather have a situation where the world is a completely unique story set after the film than have it set during the film JUST so the villain can be present. That doesn't feel worth it to me.

I said earlier as well that I don't think Marluxia was used very well in Corona, either. I don't think the Marluxia and Mother Gothel balance is a particular good one by any means, and I think the writing team could have found a FAR, FAR better use for Marluxia overall than what they came up with. Again, we aren't actually disagreeing here.

I said it earlier but I guess I'll mention it again here: the entire reason I brought up Marluxia in Corona as an example was to demonstrate that sometimes fighting a Heartless version of a Disney villain makes more sense in the context of what is written than just fighting the regular human version. NOT because I think it was a shining example of what I want all OC villains to do moving forward in the series.

I really think we agree more than we disagree here.

Him not being a fighter is exactly why I thought having his fight be a musical number or having to chase him around traps he is throwing at you would make far more sense. As I said, they can find so many fun ways to give him a creative boss fight that isn't just a fist fight.

And, incidentally, him NOT being a fighter is actually why I feel like he is far more likely to BE a fight in the game (again, as an indirect combatant) because there is less risk of Disney restricting the character being used in a battle setting. Not to mention Coco has so many amazing possibilities it would be insane not to have it as a world eventually.

Actually, Coco is one of the worlds where I could see it more easily actually taking place during the film. Have it be set right before Miguel is trying to sneak into the house party. For whatever reason Sora, Riku, Kairi or whoever decides to help him get a chance to meet his hero and the world is an attempt to sneak into the party. Stuff happens, we get the whole reveal that Ernesto is a bad dude, our Keyblade protagonist is shook and wants to help his friends confront the guy thus leading to the boss fight against him.

Yeah, I can definitely picture this. Just considering the possible designs is pretty exciting.

I do however, think that depending on who the protagonist is in this world could have a massive hand in when it takes place during Coco's story. It really depends on what the theme of the game is but there are quite a lot of very exciting possibilities, I think.

Yeah, having a whole world based on Wall-E would be pretty difficult, all things considered. In my head I was mostly just trying to brainstorm boss battle scenarios regardless of how much sense it made or how the characters even got into that situation in the first place, haha.

I think overall looking at the lineup of various Pixar properties probably the ones I am most interested in seeing would be an adventure in the Finding Nemo universe, Coco, Brave and a Bug's Life. Unfortunately I have trouble seeing how ABL would fit into a KH storyline easily so that one is probably never making it in. Finding Nemo doesn't really have a central antagonist--but it would just be fun to adventure through and they could very easily design some enemies or heartless to appear there.

I just really hope they don't ever try to put Cars in...

Also I apologize for not responding to you on a more timely schedule. I live in Japan so my time zone is probably a bit off compared to most people on the forums, unfortunately.
No that's okay @AmaryllisMoth and I understand you live in a different timezone. On top of that I apologize if my last comment sounded harsh and negative when literally I was giving an honest take that the Disney worlds need to have a balance either with the OC villain or the Disney antagonist being the antagonist of the world, I don't mind if the OC Villain is in the Disney world as it worked well with the likes of Xaldin, Young Xehanort, Vanitas (to a degree) and Dark Riku, but if they are just being just "there" or literally just using the Disney or Pixar villain for their own uses then it takes away the interest and it's just another Marluxia/Vanitas or an Ansem/Xehanort using the Disney villains for their own endgame.

Regarding the Pixar worlds including Coco, I have no opinion whether they have it take place during the events movie or an original story, as literally the team at Pixar were the ones who requested Nomura to have the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. worlds respectively to be an original story instead of a retelling of the movie during the development of KH3.

Of course, If they do have the Pixar worlds be set during the events of the movie I would prefer having them be like the stories of the Disney worlds from the first KH game, or what Space Paranoids and Beast's Castle did in KH2 over the retellings of Arendelle and Kingdom of Corona in KH3.

We can't be too sure what the Pixar worlds are going to be like in the next KH games after they made their debut in KH3, so it's to early to tell if Pixar will be lenient on having the worlds based on their films to be set during the events of the movie or just an original story. Lastly, I agree I think it's best that Cars doesn't become a world in any of the KH games.

Also, I gave you a Like @AmaryllisMoth.

@Zettaflare
I regard to MATGSY's point some Pixar baddies being dead there is actually a fairly easy way to bring them back. Maleficent. She brought back Oogie Boogie, she could do the same with Syndrome or Hooper
I wouldn't be sure about that idea, frankly, Maleficent and Pete right now are just ONLY focusing and interested in getting the Black Box which she thinks holds the Book of Prophecies so she can rule the worlds once again. The Mistress of All Evil isn't interested in recruiting new Disney villains to her cause, let alone reviving someone that died on that particular world, even Pixar will say "No way José" on having some of these Pixar antagonists who met their demises being revived.

Lastly, let's not forget after Maleficent revived Oogie Boogie, Oogie just dismissed/turn her off saying "she was cramping his style."

Again, you don't need to be a fighter to be a boss. I'll mention him again, not only was Oogie Boogie not a fighter but just as cowardly as Ernesto. He spends the last portion of NBC running away from Jack Skelington as he made his way through his traps. If they can make him a boss why not Ernesto? We're limiting ourselves if we can only battle 'fighter' Disney characters because most aren't fighters.
And again, compared to Oogie Boogie who has the traps that make him a dangerous adversary until the traps are disabled/destroyed or even The MCP who has the cyber walls, the lasers and a Giant Sark. Ernesto doesn't have any of those things that Oogie or The MCP has, just his burly body guards doing the work.

If they gave him OP darkness like as shown with Shan Yu or Scar or give him a Heartless/Nightmare Dream Eater as an assistant ala Clayton and Barbossa, then yeah it could work, but at the end of the day, he isn't a fighter.

At least if Randall was a boss without Pixar's guidelines/restrictions on Nomura his fighting style would've been a combination of both Oogie and Sabor boss fights, the latter which Randall can turn invisible and do his stealth attacks compared to Ernesto.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
No that's okay @AmaryllisMoth and I understand you live in a different timezone. On top of that I apologize if my last comment sounded harsh and negative when literally I was giving an honest take that the Disney worlds need to have a balance either with the OC villain or the Disney antagonist being the antagonist of the world, I don't mind if the OC Villain is in the Disney world as it worked well with the likes of Xaldin, Young Xehanort, Vanitas (to a degree) and Dark Riku, but if they are just being just "there" or literally just using the Disney or Pixar villain for their own uses then it takes away the interest and it's just another Marluxia/Vanitas or an Ansem/Xehanort using the Disney villains for their own endgame.

Regarding the Pixar worlds including Coco, I have no opinion whether they have it take place during the events movie or an original story, as literally the team at Pixar were the ones who requested Nomura to have the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. worlds respectively to be an original story instead of a retelling of the movie during the development of KH3.

Of course, If they do have the Pixar worlds be set during the events of the movie I would prefer having them be like the stories of the Disney worlds from the first KH game, or what Space Paranoids and Beast's Castle did in KH2 over the retellings of Arendelle and Kingdom of Corona in KH3.

We can't be too sure what the Pixar worlds are going to be like in the next KH games after they made their debut in KH3, so it's to early to tell if Pixar will be lenient on having the worlds based on their films to be set during the events of the movie or just an original story.

Also, I gave you a Like @AmaryllisMoth.

@Zettaflare

I wouldn't be sure about that idea, frankly, Maleficent and Pete right now are just ONLY focusing and interested in getting the Black Box which she thinks holds the Book of Prophecies so she can rule the worlds once again. The Mistress of All Evil isn't interested in recruiting new Disney villains to her cause let alone reviving someone that died on that particular world, even Pixar will say "No way Jose" on having some of these Pixar antagonists who met their demises being revived.

Lastly, let's not forget after Maleficent revived Oogie Boogie, Oogie just dismissed/turn her off saying "she was cramping his style."

And again, compared to Oogie Boogie who has the traps that make him a dangerous adversary until the traps are disabled/destroyed or even The MCP who has the cyber walls, the lasers and a Giant Sark. Ernesto doesn't have any of those things that Oogie or The MCP has, just his burly body guards doing the work.

If they gave him OP darkness like as shown with Shan Yu or Scar or give him a Heartless/Nightmare Dream Eater as an assistant ala Clayton and Barbossa, then yeah it could work, but at the end of the day, he isn't a fighter.

At least if Randall was a boss without Pixar's guidelines/restrictions on Nomura his fighting style would've been a combination of both Oogie and Sabor boss fights, the latter which Randall can turn invisible and do his stealth attacks compared to Ernesto.
Now that she knows the Box is in Luxu's possession she could use all the help she could get to try and take it. Which could extend to once again forming another Disney villain group made up of old, new, and possibly resurrected villains. I think Syndrome could be useful and work with her unlike the bag of bugs

As for whether or not Pixar would allow it we won't know until Nomura triess

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Now that she knows the Box is in Luxu's possession she could use all the help she could get to try and take it. Which could extend to once again forming another Disney villain group made up of old, new, and possibly resurrected villains. I think Syndrome could be useful and work with her unlike the bag of bugs

As for whether or not Pixar would allow it we won't know until Nomura tries
Again, that is up to the team at Pixar if they will say yes or no on having Syndrome and Hopper being resurrected, not Nomura.

Don't forget and keep in mind that Pixar were the ones who requested Nomura and the development team to have the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. worlds respectively be original stories instead of retelling the plot of the movie during the development of Kingdom Hearts III.

We can't be too sure what the Pixar worlds are going to be like in the next KH games after they made their debut in KH3, so it's too early to tell if Pixar will be lenient on having the worlds based on their films to be set during the events of the movie or just an original story

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Again, that is up to the team at Pixar if they will say yes or no on having Syndrome and Hopper being resurrected, not Nomura.

Yes, I know it's Pixar's call instead of Nomura's. My point was that we won't know Pixar's stance on bringing back deceased villains in original plots unless Nomura pitches it to them

Last edited:

Swing

Awards
After the disappointed handling of villains in KH3, I highly doubt that we will see any Disney- or Pixar-villains anymore as bosses, as long as it isn't a character from one of their bigger franchises. Like for example the Gargoyle from the animated series W.I.T.C.H. could work as a potential boss since W.I.T.C.H. isn't a property that Disney cares much about and the Gargoyle isn't one of Disney legacy characters.
latest

But Pixar-villains? Not really. I mean, they didn't even use Zurg or Randall. Pixar is just one of those properties that Disney really wants to protect like Mickey Mouse and Frozen. The only characters from Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Muppets/Lucas Film/Fox/whatever Disney owns that can work as bosses are the ones that Disney does not care about. Other potential candidates would be, for example, Paddywhack from Darkwing Duck, or the giant Cyclopes from Hercules, Ernie the Giant Chicken from Family Guy, maybe Shego from Kim Possible or even Sideshow Bob.

Last edited:

Swing

Awards
Dude, it was just an idea. Don't get so sensitive about it. I personally would just scraped all the Disney stuff from KH.

Chie

Awards
The Pixar worlds were novel and all, but I don't think they're going to be that frequent going forward. It felt more like a special collaboration with Pixar instead of ample breeding ground for more stories (other than the Verum Rex stuff factoring in so heavily).

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The Pixar worlds were novel and all, but I don't think they're going to be that frequent going forward. It felt more like a special collaboration with Pixar instead of ample breeding ground for more stories (other than the Verum Rex stuff factoring in so heavily).
@Chie I think we will see some Pixar worlds in future KH games, but for the most part, it's going to be worlds that feel more suited for level design/environment to explore in, such as the worlds based on The Incredibles, Brave, Coco, Onward, Inside Out, and the upcoming Pixar film Soul, with the number being 1-2 or 2-3 Pixar based worlds depending on the next KH games.

Films like Wall-E and Up look more suited to have its characters residing in one of the original worlds instead of visiting the actual world the film is based on, much like how Little Chef (Remy) was brought to Twilight Town from his original homeworld by Scrooge McDuck so that he can continue expanding his culinary Horizons and be Scrooge's Chef at his Bistrot in KH3. For instance, Wall-E, EVE, and M-O being construction/maintenance robots for Ansem the Wise and his apprentices in Radiant Garden.

Cars is likely more suited to have their characters appear only as a summon (Mater and/or Lightning McQueen) rather than a full-fledged world. Finding Nemo, The Good Dinosaur, and A Bug's Life are in the Grey Area in terms of being explorable levels or have them as summons.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
@Chie I think we will see some Pixar worlds in future KH games, but for the most part, it's going to be worlds that feel more suited for level design/environment to explore in, such as the worlds based on The Incredibles, Brave, Coco, Onward, Inside Out, and the upcoming Pixar film Soul, with the number being 1-2 or 2-3 Pixar based worlds depending on the next KH games.

Films like Wall-E and Up look more suited to have its characters residing in one of the original world sinstead of visiting the actual world the film is based on, much like how Little Chef (Remy) was brought to Twilight Town from his original homeworld by Scrooge McDuck so that he can continue expanding his culinary Horizons and be Scrooge's Chef at his Bistrot in KH3. For instance, Wall-E, EVE, and M-O being construction/maintenance robots for Ansem the Wise and his apprentices in Radiant Garden.

Cars is likely more suited to have their characters appear only as a summon (Mater and/or Lightning McQueen) rather than a full-fledged world. Finding Nemo, The Good Dinosaur, and A Bug's Life are in the Grey Area in terms of being explorable levels or have them as summons.
Wall-E would be great for Dark Road, a world ruined by humanity's excess is just the kind of thing to fuel Xehanort's feelings that people just totally suck. Cars could be a racing-themed mini-game world, although Cars 2 had actual action/combat in it.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Wall-E would be great for Dark Road, a world ruined by humanity's excess is just the kind of thing to fuel Xehanort's feelings that people just totally suck. Cars could be a racing-themed mini-game world, although Cars 2 had actual action/combat in it.
@MATGSY I highly doubt we are getting ANY new worlds introduced for Dark Road, if I'm going to be honest, when compared to Union χ that ONLY had the Wreck-It Ralph world. I'm perfectly okay with Wall-E just having its characters in an original world than a Full fledged world if I'm being honest

Secondly, I'd prefer if Cars doesn't become an actual world represented in future KH games.

It's literally up the Nomura on what Pixar films he wants to have as worlds for the next KH games.

Swing

Awards
Not many Pixar movies can translate well into a KH world. Besides Monster, Inc., and Toy Story the only one that comes to my mind would be The Incredibles. A Bugs Life would also work really well, but sadly it is one of Pixar's weaker movies and is not profitable for Disney in any way. Brave would also work, but the reception for that movie was kinda... meh. Not awful, not good, just really in the middle, a 5/10-movie.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Not many Pixar movies can translate well into a KH world. Besides Monster, Inc., and Toy Story the only one that comes to my mind would be The Incredibles. A Bugs Life would also work really well, but sadly it is one of Pixar's weaker movies and is not profitable for Disney in any way. Brave would also work, but the reception for that movie was kinda... meh. Not awful, not good, just really in the middle, a 5/10-movie.
I have to respectfully disagree with you @Swing on your first comment and on Brave. On the contrary, I feel it's going to be Pixar films that are more suited for level design/environment to explore in as an actual world, so besides Toy Story & Monster's Inc., the other Pixar films that look likely to become a world in a future KH game are: The Incredibles, Brave, Coco, Inside Out, Onward and the upcoming film, Soul.

Last edited:

Michael Mario

So, regarding Pixar villains as viable boss fights, I'm probably in the minority by saying that Syndrome wouldn't be a good fit for one simple reason: he represents the concept of a 'false hero' with that ultimate weapon of his I can't remember being the actual threat. If they were to adapt the first Incredibles, I suspect that you'd never actually fight him directly to underscore how fake he really is...

...Except maybe as a Heartless after his death ala Mother Gothel or Hans - he does have more than enough darkness in his heart to make a powerful one.

Funnily enough, Ernesto de la Cruz could work as a somewhat more direct threat if he were to get a darkness power-up to make his music lethal. Could take place after the events of Coco with Ernesto hoping to take revenge on the Rivera family - both living and dead - for leaving him in some sort of twisted state after his true legacy was revealed in the realm of the living with an OC villain giving him a means of doing so as part of an experiment or something. Depends on what Pixar is willing to allow, though.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So, regarding Pixar villains as viable boss fights, I'm probably in the minority by saying that Syndrome wouldn't be a good fit for one simple reason: he represents the concept of a 'false hero' with that ultimate weapon of his I can't remember being the actual threat. If they were to adapt the first Incredibles, I suspect that you'd never actually fight him directly to underscore how fake he really is...

For a Syndrome fight, I imagine it working best as a fight against both him and an Omnidroid. The Omnidroid would deal out most of the physical attacks while Syndrome could use his zero point energy to temporarily immobilize us which would leave us open to attacks from the droid. The Omnidroid could be indestructible on its own, but we could temporarily disable it to allow us to get hits in on Syndrome until it recovers.

I think this would give us a rewarding fight with him while still maintaining the idea that he’s nothing without his tech.

Michael Mario

For a Syndrome fight, I imagine it working best as a fight against both him and an Omnidroid. The Omnidroid would deal out most of the physical attacks while Syndrome could use his zero point energy to temporarily immobilize us which would leave us open to attacks from the droid. The Omnidroid could be indestructible on its own, but we could temporarily disable it to allow us to get hits in on Syndrome until it recovers.

I think this would give us a rewarding fight with him while still maintaining the idea that he’s nothing without his tech.
Good idea: with Syndrome's motive for fighting you being that you're hogging his spotlight. Mind you, it'd likely merely be phase 1 of the Omnidroid battle since after Syndrome loses and he tries to push his masterpiece to unleash its full power on Sora and co., it recognizes his remote as a weak point to be eliminated and promptly destroys it and swats Syndrome away like an irritating fly just like in the source material.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
So, regarding Pixar villains as viable boss fights, I'm probably in the minority by saying that Syndrome wouldn't be a good fit for one simple reason: he represents the concept of a 'false hero' with that ultimate weapon of his I can't remember being the actual threat. If they were to adopt the first Incredibles, I suspect that you'd never actually fight him directly to underscore how fake he really is...

...Except maybe as a Heartless after his death ala Mother Gothel or Hans - he does have more than enough darkness in his heart to make a powerful one.
It's likely that the setting for the Incredibles world could take place after the events of Incredibles II much like how the story of the Toy Story is set after Toy Story 2 but before Toy Story 3 and the Monster's Inc. world is set after the first film.

Personally, I think Pixar are the ones to decide on having Syndrome and Hopper being resurrected, or having them turn into a Heartless, but knowing Pixar I think Pixar would like to have Syndrome dead permanently, It's possible that the OC Villain (Xigbar/Syndrome, one of the Foretellers) could use the Island and the blueprints of the Omnidroids from project Kronos for their own evil uses

Funnily enough, Ernesto de la Cruz could work as a somewhat more direct threat if he were to get a darkness power-up to make his music lethal. Could take place after the events of Coco with Ernesto hoping to take revenge on the Rivera family - both living and dead - for leaving him in some sort of twisted state after his true legacy was revealed in the realm of the living with an OC villain giving him a means of doing so as part of an experiment or something
@Michael Mario It largely will come down to how Pixar would like the story to take place for the Coco world, while personally, a sequel storyline wouldn't be a bad idea, I feel that it would almost be too reminiscent with the Monster's Inc. world especially in part with Ernesto getting revenge on something and following the same route went to in KH3. On top of that, the reason Miguel ended up in the Land of the Dead was that he stole something from the death, not necessarily from his family, but from taking something that belongs to someone already dead and with The guitar now part of the Rivera family following Ernesto's crimes for stealing Hector's music, thus making it unlikely for Miguel to return to The Land of the Dead once again.

It's possible it could be a prequel to the original movie where Sora, Riku or Kairi try to attempt to help Héctor try to reach his daughter, Coco, while Ernesto will either just indirectly mentioned, or have a small cameo in one to two scenes in the world, cause he does a Sunrise Spectacular at the end of Dia de Los Muertos, but only to have his concert be briefly interrupted by a Giant Nightmare Dream Eater or Heartless which will be the main conflict of the world.

For a Syndrome fight, I imagine it works best as a fight against both him and an Omnidroid. The Omnidroid would deal out most of the physical attacks while Syndrome could use his zero-point energy to temporarily immobilize us which would leave us open to attacks from the droid. The Omnidroid could be indestructible on its own, but we could temporarily disable it to allow us to get hits in on Syndrome until it recovers.
@Zip Another thing to note on the Omnidroid is that it actually has artificial intelligence (thanks to the modifications made by Syndrome) that allows them to learn as they fight their opponents and detect when their opponents are about to do another attack or detect the source of their weakness just like when one of them battled Mr. Incredible and one of them was able to disarm Syndrome's remote.

Maybe the more damage Sora does on the Omnidroid while using his Keyblade the more it will learn on Sora's moves and change its tactics along with even blocking and avoiding Sora's attacks or even disarming his keyblade with its laser.

Good idea: with Syndrome's motive for fighting you being that you're hogging his spotlight. Mind you, it'd likely merely be phase 1 of the Omnidroid battle since after Syndrome loses and he tries to push his masterpiece to unleash its full power on Sora and co., it recognizes his remote as a weak point to be eliminated and promptly destroys it and swats Syndrome away like an irritating fly just like in the source material.
@Michael Mario Didn't realize you responded to Zip already but Like I said in a previous comment, the Omnidroid has a super Artificial Intelligence that allows them to learn as they fight and can prove to be a hugely challenging boss for Sora, so if Sora uses the Keyblade and damage it, it will use it's AI to either dodge or defend Sora's upcoming attacks or disarm his Keyblade with it's laser just like when one of them was able to disarm Syndrome's remote from the film.

Back