• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PlayStation Buttons... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Has anyone noticed that Sony has stopped colorizing their Buttons? At first, it was just a button on the screen that was white, it still has the shape, but not the color, for example, the God of War games, they used to be colorized, but now, there all white, and then for the ps5 controllers, they decided to ditch the colors all together, why did they do that, it's kind of boring without the colors,(yes I like the colors on the controllers, give me a break), and yes I know technically the Psp did it first, but to be fair, the Psp was a portable console with small Buttons, and Kingdom Hearts, is the only game series that I know of that still colorizes the Buttons on the screen,(watch them change that for kingdom hearts 4 and possible remasters), what are your thoughts?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I miss the colours. With time passing, more and more things become sterilised and minimalist and PlayStation followed that with the button colours, and it's ridiculous. Sony, there's nothing wrong with a splash of colour.

The green triangle for reaction commands in KH2 onwards feels so iconic to me and I'd hate for Square Enix to not bring that back in KH4 with the new reaction commands and instead just make it a generic white colour.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I miss the colours. With time passing, more and more things become sterilised and minimalist and PlayStation followed that with the button colours, and it's ridiculous. Sony, there's nothing wrong with a splash of colour.

The green triangle for reaction commands in KH2 onwards feels so iconic to me and I'd hate for Square Enix to not bring that back in KH4 with the new reaction commands and instead just make it a generic white colour.
I agree heavily, and I wasn't just referring to the green triangle for reactions and stuff, but also for like the certain moves you could do, like the ragnarok move, you know the one were Sora and/or Aqua jumps into the air and fires lasers at the the Heartless, I think for Aqua it was called something else, can't remember what though at the moment, but the lasers were different colors (no relation to the buttons) , anyway a blue X for a button prompt will show up during the move, and BBS on Ps4 there's a move called "surprise", where when you get to the end of a combo, it will give you a different button prompt each time, and the shotlocks, also, sometimes, gives you QuickTime events, where the buttons are different colors.

Back