• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Playstation Magazine Review

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

24Terras

Hey Everyboday,

Last night I was in a book store and looking through gaming magazines and play station magazine had a review of Birth by Sleep in it. I don't know if this has been posted and I don't have a scan, but they loved the game and gave it a 4 out of 5 and said the only negatives were load times.

Buuhan1

It's great that load times were their only complaint... but to knock an entire star off the rating due to them tells you just how bad they really are. Definitely going with the highest install option when I get it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's great that load times were their only complaint... but to knock an entire star off the rating due to them tells you just how bad they really are. Definitely going with the highest install option when I get it.

Or it could just show how ignorant the reviewers are. Unless the load times are like 1 minute per area...how can you take a whole star off of a game for that? Didn't they even think "Hey look there is a data install option, should we use it? NAH! It'll only make all the load times faster -__-"

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Load times in the Japanese version were pretty gammy, I know for a fact. Even after data install...

24Terras

For all i know it might have been the july issue, and the prints were sucky so the score is pretty much all that mattered on the page.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

No, it just shows how ignorant the reviewers are. The loading screens really aren't bad at all. With Data-Install, they're the exact same length as the loading screens from KH2. Were they bad in KH2?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Idk, they never bothered me in Kh2. Maybe it feels like they happen more frequently in BBS?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Idk, they never bothered me in Kh2. Maybe it feels like they happen more frequently in BBS?

No, BBS's loading screens are as long as KH2's with Data Install. Without Data-install, it's about 2-3 seconds more.

Seriously, do people suddenly have ADHD and cannot wait on a loading screen that's longer than a second or what?

αsiя

space coke
It deserves 4 stars out of 5. 5 means perfect, BBS isn't perfect. I could see why they gave it a 4.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
No, it just shows how ignorant the reviewers are. The loading screens really aren't bad at all. With Data-Install, they're the exact same length as the loading screens from KH2. Were they bad in KH2?

Actually I did run into some insanely long loading times during the beginning of KH2. Pretty sure I waited almost 5 minutes on some parts. Maybe that was just a problem with the the disc though.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, BBS's loading screens are as long as KH2's with Data Install. Without Data-install, it's about 2-3 seconds more.

I didn't say they were longer :/

What I said was, it feels like they happen more often. As in, if you count every load screen in the game and compare it, and time how much gameplay you actually get through between them and compare that, it feels like in BBS you go a few steps then have to wait for a loading screen quite often.

I don't know if it was really more often, since despite being an obsessive nerd I draw the line at counting load screens. But, it feels like there are more.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Can someone tell me what this Data-Install option is?

Basically, you can save data from the UMD onto your memory card (depending on which option you choose) to decrease load times. Iirc, they increased the largest one to 800 MB in our version.

Llamapox

αsiя;5242441 said:
It deserves 4 stars out of 5. 5 means perfect, BBS isn't perfect. I could see why they gave it a 4.
Yes, I very highly doubt they gave it 4/5 for long load times. Its pretty funny that people thought it would have got 5 otherwise.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Actually I did run into some insanely long loading times during the beginning of KH2. Pretty sure I waited almost 5 minutes on some parts. Maybe that was just a problem with the the disc though.

5 minute loading screens?! Dude, that's DEFINATELY a problem with your disc because there is no reason that KH2 should have 5 minutes of a black screen!

αsiя;5242441 said:

Oh but if IGN gives Super Mario Galaxy 2 a 10/10 it's suddenly alright for them to do it? >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back