• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Please Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Okay I think I need help, advice would be appreciated. My dad is a huge alcoholic and has ruined many days of my families life. And the other part is he HATES ANIME! now im not kidding he despises it. Ever since ive been lik 12 and up we havent got along at all. now im 16 and its worse than ever. He hates everything to do with anime, including all my friends. He thinks im way too obsessed with it and i need to stop. But he never fixes his drinking problem ever. He gets drunk almost every night. We fight about something every night and i have 2 friends, and he insults them into the ground every night. I cant take it so i shout back at him and he thinks i tell lies about him and all this crap. Then after that everytime he says

"the root of all our families problems is you and your anime shit with your shit friends." I cant stand this line i just cant stand it. its usually after hes had beer i can never talk to him when hes sober because the time when he gets home from work hes already had a ton. Im so sick of it and now hes making my mom start to hate anime too, im never going to stop liking it and im 16 and want to move out as soon as im 18. btw he never has any consequences for embarrassing everyone with his problem with drinking

advice?

Awards
lol he hates anime that much? Anime kind of made me the person I am now. (It's hard to explain)

really I don't see how a hobby like anime can cause that sort of trouble. It sounds to me that he is just trying to find fault in something other than himself. My dad kind of has a drinking problem. I just ignore him and keep to myself

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Thats what i think he is doing too, but its every second of my life. and especially at dinner, there is no quiet dinner in my house :C

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Well, it won't stop unless he fixes the drinking problem (though, do you watch too much anime? :p)

Anyway, while I think he's WAY out of line with some of his comments (I know my dad likes to blame everything bad that I do on video games and anime), there isn't much you can do about it. All you can do is wait until you are able to start life on your own (and at least eighteen, lol).

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly, you don't need to stop liking anime, but rather just not bring it up around him from what I see.

You don't need the merchandise, you don't need all the manga, you don't even need to buy the stuff anymore. You can legally download the stuff and stream it all.

If your dad truly is doing this because of some Japanese animation, he needs to talk to some professionals. I think there's a actual reason why he's drinking and isn't telling you.
Also, a boundary of interests can cause some fighting.

i can never talk to him when hes sober because the time when he gets home from work hes already had a ton.
This worries me. You're telling me that he drives home from work drunk?

oh well.

Perhaps he could be drinking a lot because he doesn't know what else to do about your relationship? The fact that you're probably up in your room all day watching anime is his reasoning for hating it. My only theory. Also, you avoiding him could also make things worse.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
To start, if there's any way to work out the drinking problem, work it out. It may be easier to talk about it or try to make some sort of compromise from there. If that doesn't work, al I can say is try to make as little contacty as possible and tough it out until eighteen comes around

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
You should just send him a bunch of AA programs.
He should get the idea.

frisson

Silver Member
record him drunk and play it back to him at every possible moment.

Last edited:

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Well really i dont watch that much anime, its just since its in my room he always uses that. i try not to talk about it around him too. he isnt DRUNK when he gets home hes just already had some. and he seems to always yell at me all the time

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
How much do you watch though

really if this gets out of hand contact a gudiance counselor at your school and they should be able to deal with whatever organizations in your area that handle this kind fo thing

lol he hates anime that much? Anime kind of made me the person I am now. (It's hard to explain)

you have a deathnote don't you?

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
lol, the funny thing is i have a death note. And lets see, maybe an hour of anime a day if that. Its just the anime itself. He just hates japanese culture for no good reason

Prajna

I'm sorry to hear that. Your father is an idgit (an ignorant idiot). If he hates your interest in anime so much just ignore him. This is the first case in which I've heard a father having lowered respect for his son because of a certain interest of his. Is he like this when he is sober?

Awards
lol they sell death notes? well I wouldn't know.

Why does your dad hate japanese culture? did he get beat up by wannabe yakuza as a child or something?

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
idk hes just retarded, im sick of it and he treats me like a baby because anime is CARTOONS! what he says anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back