• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Please Help....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Ok, I'm not depressed.....but I'm afraid I'm moving in that direction. I've got goals I wanna reach, but I'm having problems actually trying because I know my parents wouldn't like what I wanna do. And if I'm honest, I don't even feel like I'd be anything special at what I wanna do because I really don't like myself. Like I can't see myself in that field. It's hard to admit, but I'm beginning to accept it for what it is. I don't wanna end up depressed or anything, but I can't just 'like' myself either....I suppose I do love myself, but I'd rather not live with myself. Confusing....yeah, which is why I can't just find the problem and fix it like normal. I'm not about to hurt myself because

1. I fail to see how cutting your wrists makes you feel any better.
2. I'm afraid of Hell, and committing suicide sends you straight there. =/

So I'm not truly lost or anything. I just.....can't get through the day because I forever have to live with the one person I hate above all others. Seems corny, which is probably why I've avoided confronting it......but it's the most frustrating thing I've ever dealt with (or tried to deal with anyways).

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You don't think you can find a balance between what your parents want you to do and what you want to do with life? Honestly, my parents wanted me to get a degree that they knew would support a family, and I absolutely love technology and science, I'm doing computer engineering and I am as happy as I could possibly be in Uni.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
You don't think you can find a balance between what your parents want you to do and what you want to do with life? Honestly, my parents wanted me to get a degree that they knew would support a family, and I absolutely love technology and science, I'm doing computer engineering and I am as happy as I could possibly be in Uni.

My parents frown on people trying to get in entertainment because they only see what the failures do to people. I'm actually good, but......just afraid to really try.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well to be honest the chances of you making it big in entertainment is slim to none, but you should always do what you want. Just be aware of what your family thinks is best for you and talk to them about their reasons, see if there is a way to reconcile, even do both.

impart

Climb The Sky
well you need to do what you want to do.
your parents want you to have a good comfortable life, but sometimes that's not always best
ive been dirt poor at times. but still happy
but you know yourself. have faith in that.

you can learn to be good at the carrier you aspire for.
you can be taught to be proficient at pretty much anything (now adays)

choose a profession that will make you happy. because ultimately you need to be happy for you
dont get stuck doing a carrier you dont want to do, because there is nothing worse than being stuck in that way. trust me
loathing is poison to your body, and your personality. you need to do your best to make sure that you dont get trapped.
--------

as for being stuck living with a person you dislike. I can relate to that at times.
my advise
take lots of naps
or say your taking naps and just chill by yourself in your room allot.

go out with friends often on weekdays, and weekends or go out by yourself.

get those big stereo headphones and listen to them loudly all the time.

I know its not much, but it helps.

im sure you already have one but another piece of advise

find a creative outlet. give much of your attention to it

writing, drawing, music,

outlets that are physical also help you in a different way, cuz exercise is good for you 'n all that crap

like dance, martial arts, or a sport, yoga

that's my advise to you my friend :D sorry its so much XD

impart

Climb The Sky
oh, well then. same advise.

creative outlet= you focus on one thing. instead of becoming overcome with anxiety

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
I think you should take a minute and think what you yourself really want to pursue and what you think will bring you happiness in future. What your parents say should be secondary to that. I mean, with 18 you should be able to decide such things for yourself.

Of course I'm not saying that your parents' advice should be ignored completely, but you have to make a decision some time or another; if you want to take the risk and pursue it, or get discouraged by your parents and maybe never achieve your goal.
And I think if you actually go with what you want, and start actively working for it, I think you'll learn to feel more comfortable with yourself, too. In the end, even if it goes wrong, you'll at least have the confidence that you didn't hide behind your fears and had the courage to go for it.

But yeah, this all depends on how serious you are about your ideas, of course. xD

Jolts

The person I can't stand living with is myself. =/
Why the hell not? What's so life-devouringly depressing that you can't even look yourself in the mirror? It's pathetic, and I know that because I've felt the exact same way at times. I won't say that I've gotten out of it either, all I've been able to do is just endure what I can and attempt to move on. I don't know your situation so I can't really tell you to just shut up and get on with life, but I'm just going to say that things often seem worse than they are. Talk to your parents, see what they have to say. They just want what's best for you and even if it doesn't seem right listen to it, though you don't even have to act on it. Just do what feels right to you. If you can, then you've gotten farther than I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back