• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Please read if you own KH2FM+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffphyr

This is a long post but please read it anyways.

There are many factors that I need to think about before I either

1. Mod my PS2
2. Get a Jap PS2
3. Break my PS2 open and void the warranty to use Swap Magic/Slide Card

All of which would allow me to play KH2FM+.
But, each option has its own level of risk to my PS2.

1. Modding could just plain screw up the console
2. Getting a Jap PS2 has no risk but is probably the most expensive option
3. Swap Magic/Slide Card can also screw up the console like in Aquaxion's* case
*(Another member whose slide card broke the CD slot and now it won't open)

Can some KH2FM+ owners please help me out with this?

Thanks

BTW - I'm only re-posting this because the people in another thread didn't really bother answering me.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
uhmm....what i did is by a japanese ps2, some ps2s dont even need to be modified (well thats what my friends say)

u can get one at ebay really cheap

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Uuuh wrong forum, it says in big letter 'Non Kingdom Hearts' on the list at the top of the page...

SwapMagic however should not mess up your system unless you've been messing around with it too much. On the fat PS2s it's a doddle to use the SwapMagic tool and shouldn't cause any problems. The slimline ones are slightly more of a hassle but fairly straightforward to use...

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I modded it, no troubles. Had a hard time getting the flip top on, but works llike a charm

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
3. Break my PS2 open and void the warranty to use Swap Magic/Slide Card

You can't void anything with that.

The only thing that can go wrong is that you spoil the disc tray of your system, as it is required to remove the front cover of it for the Slide card.

Oxyrt

Website
www.myspace.com
if you have a fat PS2, then you do not have to break open anything to use swap magic. if you have one of those slim PS2's, then all you do is witch out the original flip top for a new one. SO, there actually is no "breaking open" a PS2 with swap magic. I use swap magic with a fat PS2. I have trouble with it sometimes, though. Sometimes after I follow the instructions and put the KH2FM or Re:CoM disc in, it says it's not a valid disc or whatever. But I may just be doing something wrong. Swap Magic is the cheapest and easiest way to go, though. A jap PS2 can't cost that much as everyone over there especially has totally moved on to next gen, almost like everyone here in the US has. So, if you are worried about voiding your warranty on a PS2, I wouldn't. I mean, the warranty is prolly void anyway by how long you have had your PS2. Because I'm sure Sony only cares about PS3 anymore anyways. i have a PS3, and even thought the PS3 blu-ray discs are region free, doesn't mean the console itslef is, so you can mod a PS3 and have next gen, but I would HIGHLY not reccomend it. It takes so much time, knowledge, money. And is just plain stupid to do with a next gen console.

Hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back