• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Plz help, Seymour is so frickin' annoying!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasingdusk

I am getting my a** whooped for the millionth time by Seymour Flux in FFX. My characters cannot survive the Cross Cleave and Final Annihilation, does that mean I have to level up in order to succeed? Does anybody have a good strategy for this battle?

Thanks!

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Two words: Level up. Just keep fighting monsters. Try another two hours of fighting then face Seymour. Im sure you can do it. BUt be warned, there will be a lot of boss battles from now on. Dont flee the random battles(unless your gona die). Make sure you have every caracter do someing in every battle, even if they just guard they all will get EXP. And make sure you have alll of everyone soverdrive full(including Aeons).

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
You don't need to level up for this fight.. On my Lulu only playthrough I HAD to fight with Yuna to beat Anima. Yuna was level zero, no advancements on the spheregrid, Shiva hit Anima for 9999 damage with Overdrive. ( I know this isn't the same fight, but you get my point. )

Just use every single Aeons overdrive, it may not kill him, but it sure as hell will nearly. Use Overdrives like crazy after the Aeons, and you shall win! If this strategy doesn't work first time, try again, his attacks vary.

Try fighting Evrae 15 times, because Lulu keeps getting petrifyed. ¬¬

Shinjuku

Entrapment
If you want to beat Seymour Flux than listen what you need to do is cast Reflect and Shell on your characters and make sure you have all your Aeons and characters in overdrive and make sure you boost your Aeons Strength actually disregard what I said at first just make sure everyone including Aeons have overdrive and like I said make sure your Aeons Strength has been boosted you can do that by going to the menu and go down to your Aeons push the X button than go over to Attributes make sure you have what it needs to be boosted if you need help with Yunalesca PM I'll tell you how to do that boss battle also:)

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Here's my strategy:

Enter the battle with Lulu as your starting three and all aeon's overdrive. Lulu, let her use bio on Seymour, not that thing below him, but the face. This is the moment you use all party member except Yuna, Tidus, and Auron, so everyone will get exp. If you don't do that or afterwards, have Tidus cast hastega or haste on Yuna. Summon any Aeon and let loose with Overdrive, hopefully, you'll be able to do this before Seymour puts someone into zombie and cast full life on them. If he does, use Auron and Tidus to bring them back. After your aeon uses an overdrive, it will kill the thing in front of Seymour and he will revive it with his own hp. But whenever Seymour makes a move, including reviving that thing, the bio will do damage to him. Repeat summoning aeons and using their overdrives and Seymour reviving that thing to have bio take life and you should beat him, depending on how much damage each aeon does in overdrive.

(Spoiler: if you think that's hard, wait till you fight Seymour for the final time!)

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
(Spoiler: if you think that's hard, wait till you fight Seymour for the final time!)

Lol. He's peasy! XD I killed him with the sisters, Anima and Bahamut's overdrives. XD

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
VersionX said:
Lol. He's peasy! XD I killed him with the sisters, Anima and Bahamut's overdrives. XD

But without those two extra summons and just Bahamut, he would've been hard. . . .Or maybe when I fought him for the very first time I played the game, it just took me a moment to find a weakness.:eek:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
no really the hardest boss in the game is Yunalesca just like seymour you have to have all you aeons overdrives filled up and characters then you have cast reflect and other stuff and you must let her put you in zombie mode and then when in the zombie mode you must make sure your health is good. the reason you need to be in zombie mode is because on the 3rd transformation she will use Mega Death and zombies can't die

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
We did know this, seeing as we have both completed the game. ¬¬'

No need for reflect in that battle either. Reflect is pretty much useless as a defensive spell in X, it's much better for offense. And plus, reflect is very dangerous to have equipped in boss battles if you need big healing, and quick.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
..and that is where a valuable turn is wasted, giving the enemy the chance to have attacked and killed the ex-reflected character by then.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
were going to be doing this all day aren't we LOL if we are just tell me so I can grab some popcorn lol:)

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
..I realise you didn't say anything else worthwhile. Your just prolonging the innevitable. Cast reflect, waste MP, waste HP, eventually die and be revived, or die and be revived straight away.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
no not really but that was the way I did it and I beat her. Hey you're sure you're not Yunalesca herself you saying some of the things she said hm j/k:D

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
o.o' Woooow.. Ok now you've lost me, I didn't understand a word you meant. >.<'

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
The hardest boss for me was either (Spoiler warning) Sin before you go inside it when you fight it on the ship or Jecht when you fight him in the final battle. But let's get back on topic before a mod closes this topic.;) Another strategy for fighting Seymour is the one my bro used when he put everyone, not the aeons, but the whole party in overdrive and somehow it worked.

chasingdusk

Heh, you guys lost me too...but anyway thanks for the tips. I guess the real answer is to level up and I'm not suprised b/c I flee'd every battle while going through the Macalania woods. I don't even have Lulu at her level three magic spells yet (firaga, thundaga etc.) so that must explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back