• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pocahontas In Future KH Games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I know that Pocahontas is a "controversial" Disney film due to the plot of the film itself. However, it seems as if the character of Pocahontas is not swept under the rug or kept quiet, like the film itself. She was featured in Ralph Breaks The Internet. So I was wondering, would it be "controversial" for Kingdom Hearts to have a Pocahontas world BEFORE the events of the film? I feel like Pocahontas' connection/understanding of nature and the nature of the world could be an interesting aspect to explore and can easily tie into a main plot storyline. Would it be offensive to have Pocahontas' world BEFORE the events of the film in KH? Can she be a summon?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't think a Pocahontas world is 100 percent impossible. It's way more likely then SOTS in my opinion

Though it will still be seen as controversial by some regardless of how it's handled for different reasons

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Not a whole lot that it offers that's new to the series. Forest setting's been done before & can be done again with Robin Hood, Disney villain not a big physical threat, heavy-handed racism plotline that would get watered down in KH. Why even bother?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
IMO why bother risking it? You know? Like Disney has hundreds of magical and timeless IPs, why bother choosing an IP with a controversial development and reception?
Use Moana instead, she’s a safe and more popular choice.
& has the Rock as a party member & a giant fire god boss maybe if Disney aren't prudes about it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
As said above it's not even worth it due to all the things they'd leave out. The safest option for a Pocahontas world would be for only her, the animals, and the Grandma Willow tree to be in it and nothing else.

The better option would be a Brave world. It has more magic themes, a forest, and Merida would be more plausible as party member then Pocahontas, even if they don't make her a PoH.

Maybe they can make Pocahontas a summon/link with her powers being the colors of the wind. That seems like the most likely thing they'd do with her without ever touching her world. Pocahontas is not in Song of the South territory, but she's really only promoted through the Princess line, not really for her movie.

Noivern

Awards
As others have said, Moana and Brave are much better choices to use and I really don't want anything from that ridiculously racist movie crossing over to KH. Pocahontas as a standalone character could work if she was featured in another world (like half of the Princesses of Heart in KH1), but that doesn't really happen nowadays.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol Pocahontas won’t happen unless there is some big push for it internally, and as far as I am aware, it isn’t popular at all in Japan so I can’t see where there might be any interest in it from that direction either. There are plenty of other films that do its story better, represent indigenous groups with a lot more integrity, and have more appealing locations to visit.

I think if it was last decade, they could have gotten away with it, but not now.

Pocahontas, Flit, and Meeko would make great summons like SweetYetSalty mentioned. They could also just start having keyblades that represent properties that may never appear in the series. I’d love a Pocahontas-inspired keyblade.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It's definitely not comparable to SOTS, imo.... It is somewhat problematic (what older Disney film doesn't have some problem or other due to race or gender, really, to varying degrees--many of which have already appeared, like Peter Pan, for example), but it's not heinous or anything, imo, and Disney still promotes it quite a lot. I think it will appear in KH eventually. The film itself is sort of meh, but I always liked Pocahontas herself. I guess I've always been attached to the idea of her as a party member fighting with the "colors of the wind" as her weapon. lol And getting an environment that includes Grandmother Willow would be nice, too. I disagree with others here; I think its environments would be more interesting simply because of the film's design making them unique... They wouldn't even need to follow the film story. A Heartless could threaten the village, etc. etc.

I don't think it's off-the-table considering Hunchback appeared in this series. It's more that the newer games lean towards the newly released films, so there's not a lot of opportunities for any older films to get used at all. Which means the few older films they'll choose will likely be A list, whereas Pocahontas is B list. Then again--Hercules was B list and featured in KH3. So who knows. My guess is it would more likely appear in a sidegame the same way Hunchback did.

Last edited:

Swing

Awards
No way! First off, it isn't one of Disney's biggest movies, and you guys know how much Disney loves to promote their biggest movies all the time. Looking at you Frozen! And second, I'm not sure if Pocahontas would work in our modern days. Unlike other movies, Pocahontas is based on a real story, and the Disney version could be seen as an insult to the tragic story of a young American native girl. Here is a cartoon that explains the real tragic story of Pocahontas... in an over-the-top-cartoon-way of course!

disney233

Awards
Have the Colors of the Winds be a type of Magic. I don't know how, but have Grandmother Willow be an exclusive or major character out of her world. The scenery would be nice and all, but the fact of the matter is, a Pocohantas world in the future is a definite no.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
No way! First off, it isn't one of Disney's biggest movies, and you guys know how much Disney loves to promote their biggest movies all the time. Looking at you Frozen!

Just wanted to interject, this doesn't matter enough to make a point about. Popularity is less of a factor for Nomura and crew, as they also have been known to pick obscure titles. They focus on fun more than anything, and work with Disney but Disney doesn't, like, demand properties. In fact, Frozen was chosen as a KHIII property based on the team watching it early, before it was released. Though I'm sure the popularity helped keep it in after the fact.

SuperNova

Awards
Lol discounting the fact that Pocahontas is not one of Disney's popular films, it has nothing to offer that other franchises couldn't do better. Moana or Brave are more logical choices if the team have an itch for a nature centric disney world, especially Moana considering her islander background and the potential to make it alot like the Caribbean was in KH3.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well I really like the character of Pocahontas and I liked a lot of the music from the film. I don't see how having Pocahontas in the forest with the Willow tree and her animal friends, with a completely different plot with no mention of the film, can be deemed offensive. If Pocahontas herself was so offensive and something Disney wanted to forget, why would they include her in Ralph Breaks The Internet, have her featured in the Disney parks, and appear in House of Mouse? If she's not the problem, then why would her world WITHOUT the film's plot be a problem?

I actually think her world would be interesting if related to the information from Dark Road about worlds being "reconstructed". Her world can be a newly reconstructed world, so it's devoid of darkness. Pocahontas is a princess of heart, which draws Sora to her world, but that inadvertently brings heartless. I think it would be cool to use a Disney world to explain that recently brought up concept of the worlds being reconstructed. They can even call her world "The New World" as it literally was just reconstructed.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
especially Moana considering her islander background and the potential to make it alot like the Caribbean was in KH3.
Sora will finally get on the damn raft in the Moana world.

Well I really like the character of Pocahontas and I liked a lot of the music from the film. I don't see how having Pocahontas in the forest with the Willow tree and her animal friends, with a completely different plot with no mention of the film, can be deemed offensive. If Pocahontas herself was so offensive and something Disney wanted to forget, why would they include her in Ralph Breaks The Internet, have her featured in the Disney parks, and appear in House of Mouse? If she's not the problem, then why would her world WITHOUT the film's plot be a problem?
Disney's only just now removing the Song of the South characters from Splash Mountain, despite the film itself being taboo for decades. They're not exactly the most on top of these things company.

Pocahontas herself was a 12-year-old girl aged up into a late teen because they wanted the film to be "sexier", so yeah, the character herself is a problem.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

You don't have to see or understand why it's offensive, but listen to those it offends, Native Americans. If there's a constant in US history, is the continuous and blatant exploitation of Native Americans. Disney wanted those woke bucks and dipped their fingers into a sensitive topic by it making historically inaccurate. And yes, you are completely right that they still market her, but don't think that people are ok with that.
I loved Pocahontas growing up, I thought it was a beautiful movie, but this movie whitewashes history to appeal a mass audience and I don't vibe with that.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
You know what is a film that takes place in a magical forest full of talking animals and has less of a controversial atmosphere to it?
Brother Bear.
Seriously people, I want to see SDG riding a Woolly Mammoth in my lifetime. A setting in the Alaskan wilderness during the Pleistocene epoch is a VERY underused setting in disney. I get it, the movie bombed, frozen is loved to hell and back (much to my dismay). Besides, it could have world forms for the main cast.....

SweetYetSalty

Awards
You know what is a film that takes place in a magical forest full of talking animals and has less of a controversial atmosphere to it?
Brother Bear.
Seriously people, I want to see SDG riding a Woolly Mammoth in my lifetime. A setting in the Alaskan wilderness during the Pleistocene epoch is a VERY underused setting in disney. I get it, the movie bombed, frozen is loved to hell and back (much to my dismay). Besides, it could have world forms for the main cast.....
I only want a Brother Bear world if Aced is in it and is practicing his growling at the Heartless just like his coworkers suggested he do. That would make the world perfect.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Brother Bear.
Plus we could get Denahai as a boss, who is one of my favorite Disney antagonists. He could be cursed by Darkness due to his desire to avenge his brother and attract heartless.

Back