• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Since we got a mainline title this year I wasn't expecting Gen 9 till 2023 but whatever. Anyone have an idea what country the new region is based on?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Sheesh. Gen 9 already? I still haven't bought a Switch or Legends Arceus yet. I have fallen so far behind in Pokemon. Are TM's still a thing you kids use?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would REALLY like to see a Pokemon game in another historical period of the past. Imagine: Pokémon in the ancient Egypt or a Viking setting
I would love a viking setting Pokemon world. Maybe similar to How to Train Your Dragon.

Soldier

Awards
Sheesh. Gen 9 already? I still haven't bought a Switch or Legends Arceus yet. I have fallen so far behind in Pokemon. Are TM's still a thing you kids use?
Yes TMs are still a thing, but TRs (Technical records) were introduced in Sword and Shield. TMs never break (except in the gen IV remakes to be "faithful to the original) but TRs do. The main difference is that the records often have pretty op moves on them like swords dance or psyshock).

So much for the next generation being India like a lot of people predicted, still haven't seen where Copperajah and Gumshoos originate.
Also anyone want to take bets on what types the final evolutions of the starters will be?
I'm guessing Grass/Poison lynx (like poison ivy)
FIre/grass for the gator (it could either be based off a chilli pepper or an apple, which warrants grass)
and water/flying or MAYBE water/steel for the duck

Soldier

Awards
In the mainline games, yeah. In Legends Arceus, no, and it’s great.
TMs aren't that bad Oracle Spockanort, at least when they're infinite use like in Sword and Shield. I personally loved what they did with Technical Records in Sword and shield. If they're going to rest on their laurels with breaking discs upon use, why not give the best of both worlds?

Sonofjafar

Awards
Yes TMs are still a thing, but TRs (Technical records) were introduced in Sword and Shield. TMs never break (except in the gen IV remakes to be "faithful to the original) but TRs do. The main difference is that the records often have pretty op moves on them like swords dance or psyshock).

So much for the next generation being India like a lot of people predicted, still haven't seen where Copperajah and Gumshoos originate.
Also anyone want to take bets on what types the final evolutions of the starters will be?
I'm guessing Grass/Poison lynx (like poison ivy)
FIre/grass for the gator (it could either be based off a chilli pepper or an apple, which warrants grass)
and water/flying or MAYBE water/steel for the duck
Having a starter with two starter types would mess with the Rock Paper Scissors system of weakness and effectives

Soldier

Awards
Having a starter with two starter types would mess with the Rock Paper Scissors system of weakness and effectives
Hasn't stopped them from breaking their own pre-established mold. Remember when Gen 6 was revealed and people thought Fennekin was going to be fire/fighting again and it clearly wasn't? Besides The gen IV starters broke the mold by having them be effective against each other (Infernape's fighting moves can hit Empoleon super effectively because of steel, and Torterra can hit Infernape with ground moves). The predicted types I provided function similarly to the gen IV starters, the lynx can fight the gator with super effective poison moves, as can the duck if it's a flying type. Yet the lynx can still be effective against the duck with poison moves if it isn't a steel type, but water/flying.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Hasn't stopped them from breaking their own pre-established mold. Remember when Gen 6 was revealed and people thought Fennekin was going to be fire/fighting again and it clearly wasn't? Besides The gen IV starters broke the mold by having them be effective against each other (Infernape's fighting moves can hit Empoleon super effectively because of steel, and Torterra can hit Infernape with ground moves). The predicted types I provided function similarly to the gen IV starters, the lynx can fight the gator with super effective poison moves, as can the duck if it's a flying type. Yet the lynx can still be effective against the duck with poison moves if it isn't a steel type, but water/flying
I didn’t realize that was the point behind dual type final evolutions. I guess that works. I just want to make sure everybody doesn’t just pick one starter Over the others due to competitive advantages

SweetYetSalty

Awards
In the mainline games, yeah. In Legends Arceus, no, and it’s great.
TR's? You whipper snappers. Back in my day TM's broke once you taught a Pokemon that move, and we liked it! It built character (Even though I played Gen 5 and 6 were TM's also didn't break)

I have to say though, the mainline playable characters if that is them look kinda generic compared to previous mainline Pokemon protagonist. I guess with customization being a thing Game Freak isn't even gonna try. Shame, I was hoping for some memes like with Gloria during the early days of Gen 8 with her Scottish accent and bagpipes XD

Soldier

Awards
I didn’t realize that was the point behind dual type final evolutions. I guess that works. I just want to make sure everybody doesn’t just pick one starter Over the others due to competitive advantages
Greninja wants to know your location
But yes, usually if a starter has a secondary type that is largely considered superior to the others, the other two will often learn moves to compensate for it (empoleon can also learn a lot of flying type moves to deal super effective damage to the other two starters). Sometimes it's like gen 6 where each starter's types are super effective against one in the traditional rock paper sense (fire/psychic is strong against grass/fighting, which is strong against water/dark, though water/dark is immune to psychic because of the secondary typing) But there will always be one starter that more people choose over another, and we have gen 6 to thank for it with Greninja being an excellent mon with good STAB, stats and and overpowered ability in protean (or battle bond for those who received the special greninja for gen 7.
TR's? You whipper snappers. Back in my day TM's broke once you taught a Pokemon that move, and we liked it! It built character (Even though I played Gen 5 and 6 were TM's also didn't break)

I have to say though, the mainline playable characters if that is them look kinda generic compared to previous mainline Pokemon protagonist. I guess with customization being a thing Game Freak isn't even gonna try. Shame, I was hoping for some memes like with Gloria during the early days of Gen 8 with her Scottish accent and bagpipes XD
More generic than Sun and Moon's protagonist? whose doofy unexpressive face graces the screen even during very dire moments and walks as though he has a stick up his rectum? give them time (which they don't have a lot of if it's going to be released this year, just saying).

Back