• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
I speculate we'll get some new Charizard variant. Charizard got the short end of the stick with Mega Evolutions and that Dynamax feature. So they need to redeem themselves and give the world more Charizards!
Heheheheh, oh that's cute,
(If GameFreak actually thinks we need this, they'll receive a very strongly worded email from me).

Soldier

Awards
if we do end up getting a Legends game in Unova, what period of American history would you like to see being used as inspiration
18th century America, give me a George Washington-esque character crossing the not-Delaware river with a braviary on his shoulder.
EDIT: Okay, after quick realization, I don't really know what period I'd want, I guess since most of Unova is industrial perhaps sometime before Castelia city is built, but at least one character has to have a Braviary on their shoulder).

Sonofjafar

Awards
18th century America, give me a George Washington-esque character crossing the not-Delaware river with a braviary on his shoulder.
EDIT: Okay, after quick realization, I don't really know what period I'd want, I guess since most of Unova is industrial perhaps sometime before Castelia city is built, but at least one character has to have a Braviary on their shoulder).
I actually agree that seeing the American Revolution in the Pokémon word would be amazing

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I want them to tackle a medieval style Unova. For a region based on New York, it sure has a lot of ancient ruins and castles.

Not to mention Unova’s lore and history lends itself to the medieval theme. The Twin Heroes? The Fire that consumed the region from which the Sword of Justice rose to defend? Dragonspiral Tower? Desert Resort? Abyssal Ruins? Moor of Iccirus?

They could totally have a group that inspired Team Plasma. It’s perfect for the region.

Soldier

Awards
I want them to tackle a medieval style Unova. For a region based on New York, it sure has a lot of ancient ruins and castles.

Not to mention Unova’s lore and history lends itself to the medieval theme. The Twin Heroes? The Fire that consumed the region from which the Sword of Justice rose to defend? Dragonspiral Tower? Desert Resort? Abyssal Ruins? Moor of Iccirus?

They could totally have a group that inspired Team Plasma. It’s perfect for the region.
The problem with Unova is that it's not the U.S specifically, (Well, it IS New York, but not entirely). It borrows from a lot of locations around the U.S that you wouldn't find in New York city proper, such as the relic castle in the desert resort, which clearly evokes more of a desert ruin vibe you'd find near New Mexico or someplace closer to the equator. Humilau City is too warm an area for a place like Unova which should've stuck with the colder climate because it's Alola before Alola. In Legends Arceus they have the advantage of there already being ruins in the future Sinnoh, so it would make logical sense that they would appear more pristine in the past.

Some of the Swords of Justice do indeed mention the fire, but they also mention castles, which are oddly out of place in a setting like New York City,
to quote Terrakion's dex entry in B2W2
"Spoken of in legend, this Pokémon used its phenomenal power to destroy a castle in its effort to protect Pokémon."
And this was made in gen 5, Galar wouldn't come to fruition until much later so they couldn't have thought about that at the time. All I can say is I'm curious to see how they'll butcher the history of my homeland if they do make a legends Unova game.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Back to the matter of Scarlet and Violet, I would like to point out that giving Quaxly a sailor motif in his evolutions might just be enough to trigger Disney’s IP senses

the red monster

Awards
Really hope the grass starter won't be litten 2.
tony the tiger is the most disappointing final evo after litten and torracat being really good designs.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Between the ambition of the open world and GF's inability to optimize their engine, I genuinely fear for my OG Switch trying to play this game.

Soldier

Awards
Back to the matter of Scarlet and Violet, I would like to point out that giving Quaxly a sailor motif in his evolutions might just be enough to trigger Disney’s IP senses
Nah, if anything Quaxley seems to be going for more of a matador design with his hat, which again, would've fit in very nicely if the fire starter was an ox....
Really hope the grass starter won't be litten 2.
tony the tiger is the most disappointing final evo after litten and torracat being really good designs.
I disagree, Incineroar is actually a fairly decent design both in utility and aesthetics. The fact that it's a wrestler might make you think it wouldn't be able to learn punching moves, but the fact it's based on a heel makes that possible. Plus, it gets intimidate, which not only works thematically, but is also a good ability for a fire starter, given their many weaknesses and most of said weaknesses are mostly physical based.

Soldier

Awards
Since Spain has a historical connection to Islamic culture, how about a belly dancer based Pokémon?
Medicham wants to know your location
Though in all honesty, a regional variant of Medicham could fill that role. Already kind of got that with the mega.

Soldier

Awards
Is Weezing confirmed?
Thought you hated Galarian Weezing? Though I would argue they made it better with access to neutralizing gas

The only mons confirmed (from the one trailer at least) are Starly, Psyduck Hoppip, Petili, Bounsweet, Combee, Drifloon, Kantonian Meowth, Stonjourner clauncher, Pelipper, Swablu, Pikachu (because of course), Blissey, Seviper, Larvitar, Magnemite, Lucario and the new starters. If it isn't on that list, then it's unknown if it will make an appearance, though given that Weezing recieved a galarian form, It would be poor form if they didn't put it in the next game, since it's so recent (cough cough Alolan Raticate, cough).

Back