• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Portable Battle Systems

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

griever

Has anyone noticed that the battle systems for the portable games tend to involve a much larger number of skills than KH or KHII?

This isn't including passive support abilities like fire boost or last chance, I'm talking about skills that have a battle animation.

KH:BBS and CoM are the best examples, having a huge array of attacks. Admittedly, many of these skills are very similar to one another. For example fire, and thunder surge. But it interests me, because I would think that with the hardware of the PS2 available, Nomura would have wanted to pour the juice into the PS2 games...

Anyone got a better reason as to why this may be? Or any thoughts on whether it's a good or bad thing?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well with BbS, even though it's on a hand held, it's a newer game so stuff has been advanced that allowed flashier looking attacks I suppose. Also I think the reasone that BbS characters had a much larger array of attacks was because they were trained Keyblade weilders and I think Nomura wanted people to see what it was like seeing people who've been training for a long time as opposed to Sora (and Riku). CoM used a card system so it needed more variety. Re:Coded seems to be using a little bit of every thing from all the previouse games so we'll probably continue to see a larger array of skills in future and main games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back