• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possibilities of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've got it! SE will port DDD HD alongside XII HD! Bwahahaha! :D~ or bundled with FFVII PS4...

*ahem* but what if they just made the ReMixes available on PSN and they wouldn't have to re-release it? They would have to make it digitally available anyways if they release it for ps4.

I'm not sure what you mean by PSN. PSNow? Or PSN in general because keep in mind PS3 titles are not compatible on PS4 systems except on PSNow and that service is terrible.

They can't put it on PSN and just go "okay play!" it would have to be ported to PS4 to be playable. This is the point. People playing it on last gen have no issues accessing the game. Putting it on PSN does nothing.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I've got it! SE will port DDD HD alongside XII HD! Bwahahaha! :D~ or bundled with FFVII PS4...

*ahem* but what if they just made the ReMixes available on PSN and they wouldn't have to re-release it? They would have to make it digitally available anyways if they release it for ps4.
This is ABSOLUTELY INSANE XD
(But the good kind. You know...the kind you like to let out of the loony bin for some fresh air cuz ya feel bad~)

I don't know about you, but...No way am I waiting 20hrs+ for that download. Not to mention if they put it on PSN, where does that leave XBox?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The main difference between the HD Remakes of FFX/FFX-2 and KHHD 1.5/2.5 is that in case of FF almost the entire codebase was reworked whereas it stayed pretty much intact for the KH titles. This essentially means the KH titles are still very PS2-bound, something that the PS3 can work with while the PS4 (or PC/XboxOne) can't.
Reworking the game on a fundamental level was the reason why the FFX/FFX-2 remakes took so long and not doing it was the reason it took only three people for the KH remake in the beginning. These are real technical difficulties and with KH source code and assets being lost, it just gets more complicated.

Personally I can't imagine that Square Enix would put out some money again after the games were released for the PS3 so shortly. Not when the opportunity to spent more work and money in the first place to be able to port these games on different platforms was obviously passed two times.
I'm not saying it can't happen, as they are probably searching for an easier solution right now, I'm just saying it won't happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

nic_nack95

Owning 1.5 twice (thanks to the collectors edition) and 2.5. I would be fairly upset if it were to come to ps4. I'm sure it would be welcomed and knowing me, I would buy it just to add to my collection but I feel its too soon. It literally just came out on ps3. if they were planning to put it on ps4, it should of started that way in my opinion. Now with DDD, I do not mind if it is on ps4 at all.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i honestly hope not, i only just copped them for last gen and i haven't even played 2.5. maybe in 2-3 years but even then i'd feel like a fool re-buying these games again.

(although if they made some serious tweaks for next-gen i'd admittedly be welcome to the idea but i doubt square would spend the resources)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
They should do it. Why not? Maybe one day after two generations consoles passes by you want to play again and you want to make sure you can get it on nearest precedent generation console.

BagelBreath

Awards
I don't know if I'd buy it...
Maybe if 1.5 and 2.5 are bundled together and there's a collector's edition/good pre-order bonus, for sure if it comes with DDD.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
If it's both of them, probably for a cheaper price than getting each one separate(?), then I may just get the PS4 version rather than the PS3. If they do it of course. A definite buy if it includes DDD.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I won't mind if they port them over as long as they fix the difficulty trophies for 1.5! I am not playing KH1 and Re:CoM over that many times. I'll do it for the PS3 version but they can go screw themselves if they don't fix it for a PS4 version.

I would kinda think (and hope) that the trophies lists might be shared. FFX and X-2 had shared lists from the PS3 and Vita, makes me wonder if the same will be true when it's on PS4. Because with how much work I'm putting into these ReMixes, I'd rather it all be for nothing if I'm just gonna have to end up doing it all over again

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I would kinda think (and hope) that the trophies lists might be shared. FFX and X-2 had shared lists from the PS3 and Vita, makes me wonder if the same will be true when it's on PS4. Because with how much work I'm putting into these ReMixes, I'd rather it all be for nothing if I'm just gonna have to end up doing it all over again
Does all of your account info (trophies, etc.) carry over from PS3 to PS4? Maybe you won't have to get the trophies over again if you already got them in the PS3 versions.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
In terms of "getting people prepared for KHIII" then yeah.

But the ReMIX has already happened. It's already available. It's done. The only titles not yet covered are DDD and χ[chi].
Spending the time and resources to port 1.5 and 2.5​ to PS4 seems like something that would take a backseat in terms of priority.

Well, the original games are "already available". That was never the point. The point is to get as many people up to speed with the various entries and a big portion are jumping or have jumped ship to the PS4/X1. A lot of people also never had a PS3.

Square needs to put the games on the PS4 and (as much as the idea saddens me) X1 if they don't want to lose KH3 sales. The situation is pretty bad as it is. When KH3 launches (say 2017 if we are lucky), someone who hasn't played the previous 8 games isn't gonna care for 3. It's as simple as that. They need to put this on PS4 so it will be easier to draw people in now and later on.

I'd prefer that they'd fix the trophies and that the lists are separate. More KH trophies for us :D

DoctahFaz

Awards
If only the PS4 was PS3 compatible, it would be a non-issue, but that's another conversation.

Sdog

Awards
As angry as id be if they chose to only sell 3DHD (assuming they make it) in a PS4 bundle...id still buy it. I suppose thats entirely possible, too.

Depending how long it takes them and what it would cost them I don't see it being too cost effective to remaster DDD by itself to PS4. Especially with the trend they've had from the past two and if they want it at a $40 or more tag.

I'd gladly pay $80 - $100 for 1.5 +2.5 + DDD for PS4.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'd rather the game saves be transferred like FFX between systems. There's a lot of things I'd rather not do again in both. Dx

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I really don't know how I would feel about that if it happened. One one hand I'd rather have bought the PS4 versions since I cannot see my PS3 being plugged in as far down the line as PS4, but as far as I know (and have looked up), is there a way to transfer save data? I'd be pretty peeved to have to 100% 1.5 again (especially with non-stackable trophies) so I'd probably forego the PS4 version all together honestly.

All we need now is for them to add something to the PS4 version that makes it the best version and I'll be out of my mind (in a good or bad way, I'm not sure).

Gram

Banned
Awards
All we need now is for them to add something to the PS4 version that makes it the best version and I'll be out of my mind (in a good or bad way, I'm not sure).

1.5, 2.5 and every game on them in one neat little package. That'd be a good enough improvement for me~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i will buy again if;

• its all in one package
  • i can download to hard drive (reduce load times)
  • upscale the graphics and fix the lip-syncing
  • make the mirage arena multiplayer again
  • the glitches and errors are fixed

otherwise its gonna be pretty hard for me to buy these games for the sleventh time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • i can download to hard drive (reduce load times)
I believe all games on the PS4 install onto the hard drive when the disk is first inserted into the PS4, therefore any waiting time for D-Link, Summon, Drive Forms or delays in obtaining items would be gone.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
[/LIST]
I believe all games on the PS4 install onto the hard drive when the disk is first inserted into the PS4, therefore any waiting time for D-Link, Summon, Drive Forms or delays in obtaining items would be gone.

my god chaser every time you talk about kh's future i pull out a pen and pad

even if you are only speculating

you are still my messiah i blindly follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back