• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible bosses in DDD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
& Days had Pete & the 3 imps. There's still cause for worry about quantity or "epicness" of the disney battles.

Mr Yippie

& Days had Pete & the 3 imps. There's still cause for worry about quantity or "epicness" of the disney battles.

I think you're going to be happy because a Chernabog rematch is now 99% confirmed

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think you're going to be happy because a Chernabog rematch is now 99% confirmed
Chernabog's kinda different story. My theories are that he has a much bigger role in the series than we've been let on. He would have to be a a very major storyline boss IMO.

Number Zero

A demo player at Jump Festa already confirmed a Beagle Boys mini-boss. Just saying.

Not to doubt you or anything, but uh, proof?

Chernabog's kinda different story. My theories are that he has a much bigger role in the series than we've been let on. He would have to be a a very major storyline boss IMO.

Er, sorry but it looks like Chernabog is strictly for the Fantasia world.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Not to doubt you or anything, but uh, proof?

Er, sorry but it looks like Chernabog is strictly for the Fantasia world.
Pretty much jumbled up in Kh13's website among thousands of other updates.
KH13.com - Kingdom Hearts - Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Birth by Sleep Final Mix
From multiple impressions, Riku is known to enter the Opera and chase Minnie in the chest. One small impression listed that you play as Riku and chase after them. He/She said it played like a Lock, Shock, and Barrel boss, but then they entered some area with a map full of poison or something. (Japanese translations are mad weird)

Number Zero

Huh.

Wonder just how many bosses they get per world. I'm thinking Riku might try to hold off Monstro to let Pinocchio and Gepetto escape, that parasite dream eater from the trailer seemed to me like the tip of the iceberg.

Does anybody think Sora fights Xemnas at Prankster's Paradise? I think it's safe to say Xemnas was the guy in the black hood manipulating Pinoch.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Wut? How would that go along? He(it?) has nothing to do with the overaching story.
Isn't that guy just an oversized bat/demon hybrid?

Fight him twice? Man that will be sooo coool~
Isn't Riku supossed to fight in Norte Dame the Garygole Dream Eater and the Heartlesss Ansem we saw?

Ansem SoD doesn't really need to be an outright boss fight, at least not at the cathedral of Notre Dame depending on when Riku is there in the game.
On another note, who says there can't be three bosses in a world?

I have to say though that I am not surprised about the strong focus on Dream Eater bosses...they are new stuff after all.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Wut? How would that go along? He(it?) has nothing to do with the overaching story.

Well, Walt Disney described Chernabog as being "Satan himself". So it's slightly possible that he'll be involved in some way. I mean, he was already just a generic never-spoken-of-again boss in KH1. I would hope this isn't just round 2 of the same exact thing.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I fear a repeat of Days when it comes to bosses: only dream eaters have been shown so far. Yes, its implied Rinzler, Pete, Beagle Boys, Monstro & Frollo would be bosses but not outright confirmed.

Can't really compare it to Days in this regard. Wasn't Roxas pretty much ordered to stay out of the way of the world's inhabitants? Besides, we already knew all those characters anyway, wouldn't have brought anything new. (and even then, we still fought Pete, Xion, Saïx and Riku, so there were some non-heartless bosses.

For all intents and purposes, he was actually more or less akin to Satan. But you're right, he has no part in the overarching plot (that we know of anyway)

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
This was the intent, but they wouldn't name him Satan out loud for fear of moral guardians. It did slip out in an interview/documentary decades ago I believe.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think we are going to get a Frollo boss fight in Le Cite De Cloches. Xehanort's Heartless picks up Frollo's sword, if Frollo has a Sword then he may well be a boss, though I guess he may be paired with a Dream Eater boss too like Clayton and Stealth Sneak. Perhaps a Dream Eater horse he rides on like the black horse he has in the movie. So I think the scene where Xehanort's Heartless picks up Frollo sword takes place after the Frollo Boss Battle.

As for number of bosses in each world, since there are 2 scenarios I think Sora and Riku will fight 1-3 bosses per world. Some worlds they'll fight one, some worlds they'll fight 2, and maybe in some worlds they'll fight 3 (I'm including mini bosses in this too). Like Riku may have a mini boss fight with the Beagle Boys and then a boss fight with a giant Dream Eater in Country of Musketeers while Sora may fight the giant Dino Dream Eater and then fight Pete of this world.

strugglechamp

Im seriously hoping for a Monstro boss fight like the one in BBS final mix since I didn't get to play it. It looked so cool... :(

Swordsy

Okay, so I feel pretty stupid because I JUST watched the official trailer. I guess what I thought was the official trailer was just the teaser this whole time, lol.

Concerning Chernabog: How exactly can he exist in the dream worlds? I thought he was a mega powerful Heartless still locked up in the Realm of Darkness. Does this mean that that realm can also connect with the dream worlds? As for story, I wouldn't mind it one bit if he was just another boss and that was it. It's Chernabog for crying out loud. His only purpose in Fantasia was just to wreak havoc on the land at night. I just think it might be just a tad far fetched to try and tie him in the plans of the main villains, but that's just me.

Also, I still didn't see the part some of you were describing in the trailer where Sora either hits or charges into Frollo, but whatever. If this means Heartless can be inside the world of dreams, or even formed in them, then I really really think this is what's going to happen with Frollo.

I find it amusing how they are not revealing ANYTHING at all about Prankster's Paradise. Sure they've shown a couple things with Monstro, but he only comes in AFTER Prankster's Paradise. They also showed the nose growing scene with Pinocchio and Jiminy, but that it right BEFORE they get to Prankster's Paradise. Guess they've gotta keep one world from being spoiled before release.

I think that there will be some action outside of the realm of sleep during Sora and Riku's missions. Maleficent is up to something again with Pete, something about 7 pure lights (I assume the Princesses of Heart), and there's also something going on with Organization XIII. I have no clue if Axel's somebody will be good or not, but he seemed a little ticked off to me in the trailer. btw, his name is Leia, but isn't that a girl's name?? Anyway, so maybe we'll get to play as King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, or anyone else in the real world once. That's be awesome.

I am also a little shocked that there seems to be no Final Fantasy stuff in here. The World Ends With You was a good game, but I think it's wrong to try and replace this aspect of the KH games with characters from a brand new game, and completely ignore the others, even if it is just for one game. Someone mentioned having Sin as a boss, and I think that would be cool.

Oh yes, and now that we know Ansem, young Xenahort, AND young Vanitas are involved here, I am even more confused than ever, lol.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Chernabog is not a heartless. He is a demon (Disney's version of Satan as mentioned before).

He probably will not be in ranks with people like Maleficent, he'll probably just be a force in the Fantasia world that needs to be dealt with.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Here's what I think some of the boss battles might be.

La Cite des Cloches
Sora: A horde of Dream Eaters
Riku: Frollo, Ansem, SoD
Sora & Riku: The big Gargoyle DE(at different times)

Traverse Town
Sora: The big Mandrill DE, Uzuki Yashiro*
Riku: Beat(joke battle), Koki Kariya*
Sora & Riku: Uzuki & Koki*

Prankster's Paradise
Sora: Xemnas, Monstro(outside)
Riku: the "Other Riku"

Country of the Three Musketeers
Sora: Rex Tyrant, Captain Pete
Riku: the Beagle Boys

Since I'm here I'll make a small prediction:
I predict that one of the last boss battles will be Sora Vs. Riku, and you will go back an' forth between the two. Odd, yes, but it could work.

*EDIT: I just found out that none of the Reapers are gonna be in DDD. That sucks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Chernabog is not a heartless. He is a demon (Disney's version of Satan as mentioned before).
& Satan is synonymous with the origins of evil, which to me translates to Chernabog is the origin of Darkness. Its mighty coincidental that the pureblood heartless resemble him so much I think & we still don't really know how they came to be.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
& Satan is synonymous with the origins of evil, which to me translates to Chernabog is the origin of Darkness. Its mighty coincidental that the pureblood heartless resemble him so much I think & we still don't really know how they came to be.

That's not entirely correct though, Satan (or Samael, his original name), was originally an Angel and Darkness is neutral, not evil in the KH Universe.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
It looks like they might do dream eater boss half way throigh a worlds storyline and end it woth relevant disney boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back