• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible DiZ meaning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AinzX

When BHK strikes DiZ he turns into numbers right? - the numbers are digital - in katakana - dijitaru. In Katakana 'ji' replaces 'zi' so - dijitaru > diji > replace 'ji' with 'zi' (ji = zi) > dizi > and then replace 'zi' with 'zu' > dizu > diz/DiZ

there's a logical sense of justification, but then again it's just a theory

Hokage

Banned
Awards
I was always thinking that Diz was either using some form of digital hologram to speak to BHK about whatever they are talking about *Pretty obvious with the whole numbers popping out and eveything*.. Seeing as I have no experience with Katakana.. I can't be of much help to your theory but from what you say.. It seems to hold some relevance I guess.

Xaldin

Bronze Member
Awards
Congrats, seriously I think with that information we found our very first Kingdom Hearts Easter egg. ^^

I am a machineee

Finding the light within.
Website
profile.myspace.com
from a Nomura interview:
"Is there a link between the name DiZ and Disney?
It was suggested that it would be his name because a few members of the staff liked it. I also put it in because of a reason but... i'll try to remember what that was until next time (laugh)."

i guess that helps ur theory eh buddy? ahah and DiZ is secretly Walt in bandages. ok kidding about that last part, yeesh

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
AinzX said:
When BHK strikes DiZ he turns into numbers right? - the numbers are digital - in katakana - dijitaru. In Katakana 'ji' replaces 'zi' so - dijitaru > diji > replace 'ji' with 'zi' (ji = zi) > dizi > and then replace 'zi' with 'zu' > dizu > diz/DiZ

there's a logical sense of justification, but then again it's just a theory
A pretty good theory, but I don't think it's obvious enough to be anything more than an easter egg for the fans.

Especially with the freaky capitalization of "DiZ".

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
So DiZ could be some kind of hologram, huh? Cool. Maybe that could happen. I get that in katagana dijitaru can be changed to dizi...but why change it to dizu after?

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
IceBlueWings said:
So DiZ could be some kind of hologram, huh? Cool. Maybe that could happen. I get that in katagana dijitaru can be changed to dizi...but why change it to dizu after?
To make it more obscure? It's a thought.

NEO9011

He is Ansem's body, and without a heart, bodies are never real unless they have hearts, like the Org members. DiZ does seem pretty digital, with that weird spot where his heart is supposed to be.

AinzX

IceBlueWings said:
with a u at the end of 'dizu', most of the time (applies to a variety of katakana words ending in '.....u' in an ending consonant)the 'u' is silent or missed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back