• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible new addition to the battle system?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Well I've been replaying the Kingdom Hearts series, and like pretty much everyone else on this site, I noticed how much of a button-masher KH is (I'm not saying I just noticed it, I just noticed it again).

Anyways, the KH battle system consists of three buttons: the X button, Circle, Triangle and the directional buttons on the d-pad, with X being the main attack button. Actually the only attack button. It's been discussed before I know, but I wanna talk about it again.

Maybe, the series could benefit from a little more than just a series of XXXXXXXXXXXX0XXXXREACTIONCOMMANDXXX - you get my point. Not saying KH needs to go Street Fighter and incorporate complicated shit, but maybe they should start out using simple (different) button combos.

The last thing I wanted to bring up was the incorporation of melee attacks. For example, you're playing and are in the middle of a sweet keyblade combo, maybe shoot a Firaga or something but then you could transition from a keyblade slash to a, I dunno, a round-house kick or a well-placed fist in the face or something.

The only problem I see with this would have to be how normal weapons don't really work on heartless and the like, but I though maybe Sora could get some special gloves or something.

Again, I know that this has been discussed before, but this place is dead anyways so get over it. I say that in the nicest way possible.

Discuss!

billyzanesucks

It would probably work just like the KHII Reaction Commands, so no. Then again the theme of 3D is "bold action," so I think they may do something like that.

JonJon

I liked KH1 because when you wanted to use Magic or Abilities like Ars Arcanum you had to go through the menu which was hard to do while maneuvering around enemies. And you could only use some of them at specific times. But in BBS you just look for it in the Command Deck and press Triangle...

-_-

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Actually, melee combat could be more easily incorporated if they do it like No Heart did in the Kh BbS secret boss battle

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
BbS, in my opinion perfected the battle system. The command deck and shotlocks were fun to use. And if you incorporated that with Reaction Commands, more cinematic ones like XIII-2 is showing, then I would be content with the system.

O

Oberon

I think if the birth by sleep battle system were to replace the KH2 one in upcoming core titles, that would be best.

I'd like to see where S-E could take it to make it even better. BBS by far had the best in the series, imo.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
BBS didn't break the button mashing tendencies of KH for me, I still spam my powerful commands when given the chance.

Key to Truth

Awards
I still think KH needs something like Devil May Cry 3. What I mean is, so the attacks you use depend on how much you press a button, how long or even the direction you are looking at when pressing the attack/ability button. Also, KH could make a better use of allies, being able to command stuff to them or even set your own AI like in FFXII with gambits.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
@Key to Truth: I remember in KH you could go to settings to set exactly how you wanted your allies to help. Like you could set Donald to use cure immediately when your health got too low and etc.

@Silverslide: Agreed. BbS did have the best battle system imo, but you still just mashed triangle on your strongest commands.
BbS also lacked a more efficient way to scroll through your command deck while on the move.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
@Silverslide: Agreed. BbS did have the best battle system imo, but you still just mashed triangle on your strongest commands.
BbS also lacked a more efficient way to scroll through your command deck while on the move.

in bbs, when i was cycling through the deck i used the tip of my thumb while using the bottom of it to rotate the stick, or i used the front of my index finger taken off the L button. i think a problem, if they are using a similar battle system for DDD, would be cycling because the D pad is underneath the rotation stick on the 3ds, as opposed to the PSP where it was the reverse.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I actually used my index finger to scroll my deck, lol.
Also, I forgot that about the 3DS so if they decide to implement that system again they're gonna need to fix that.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
In ReCoded you hit in the direction you run and it's easy to change which enemy you attack by simply turning around. In all other KH games, if you attack a enemy you have to either kill the enemy or stop attacking and start up on a new string of combos if you want to change what enemy you attack. They should keep handling that the way they did in recoded.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
In ReCoded you hit in the direction you run and it's easy to change which enemy you attack by simply turning around. In all other KH games, if you attack a enemy you have to either kill the enemy or stop attacking and start up on a new string of combos if you want to change what enemy you attack. They should keep handling that the way they did in recoded.

they kindof fixed that in BbS where you could cycle through which enemy to lock on to. But my problem in coded was when there was a big enemy and i automatically attacked the little ones... and when there were bug blocks that i locked on to instead of the enemy. A big problem for me was battling an invisible when there were other enemies around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back