• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible trailer at The Game Awards

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

the red monster

Awards
the possibility of us getting a trailer before FF XVI release is almost zero.

Awards
The Snitch has been giving more clues in his discord and I confirm that this leak is not about KH4.

I'm sorry if anyone got their hopes up because of this :(

Tomorrow will be December already, I hope they will at least say something about Missing Link soon. Maybe at Jump Festa.
Anyone ever ask the Snitch a KH related question?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
the possibility of us getting a trailer before FF XVI release is almost zero.
Haha yep. There is still a small chance, but it’s way smaller given SE choosing to focus on XVI. Unless SE decided to throw fans for a wild ride this week and does a double or triple with FF7 Rebirth and KH4.
I know you’re joking but I can’t see any other reason for the muppets to be there
Iger is back, and he doesn’t hate the Muppets like Chapek and his team seemed to for some reason. I can easily imagine they would be there just to announce something for D+ in relation to the Muppets because Geoff loves Hollywood.

the red monster

Awards
Haha yep. There is still a small chance, but it’s way smaller given SE choosing to focus on XVI. Unless SE decided to throw fans for a wild ride this week and does a double or triple with FF7 Rebirth and KH4.

Iger is back, and he doesn’t hate the Muppets like Chapek and his team seemed to for some reason. I can easily imagine they would be there just to announce something for D+ in relation to the Muppets because Geoff loves Hollywood.
i don't even know if they will be willing to market KH4 and rebirth together, which means we'll get kh4 re-reveal mid 2024 which will also start the marketing cycle. we might get some small drops from interviews and such in 2023.
this is gonna be a long wait. at least for fans that don't care for final fantasy.

JJ1020

Awards
My pitch for the Muppets would be as a mini-game section in the hub world, like 100 Acre Woods. It would be a vaudeville theater in the center of town: no Heartless, just a series of minigames.

SDG are tipped off about this new theater by Leon or Scrooge McDuck. When they enter the Theater, they find Kermit the Frog going over plans with Scooter. The Muppets are putting on a show, as they always do. But there are a few problems; they're out of material, something that makes Statler and Waldorf very happy. On top of that, several of the Muppets have disappeared. (Gonzo, Fozzie, the Electric Mayhem, Bunsen and Beaker, and Miss Piggy)

Kermit is upset, but SDG offers to help. They would go around the worlds collecting musical sheets that happen to contain the trapped forms of the missing Muppets. As you find them, slowly the show is put together. Basically, it would be an episode of the Muppet Show with Sora, Donald, and Goofy as the guest stars.

The songs and skits within contain classic Muppet bits, including:
-It's Not That Easy Being Green
-Fozzie being Heckled
-Muppet Labs
-One of Gonzo's ridiculous stunt
-An Electric Mayhem cover of a KH song
-The Rainbow Connection
-The Muppet Show Theme Song

Muppets that Appear:
Kermit the Frog
Miss Piggy
Fozzie
Gonzo
Rizzo
Scooter
The Electric Mayhem
Bunsen and Beaker
Swedish Chef
Rowlf the Dog
Sam the Eagle
and Statler and Waldorf

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Waldorf: What did you think of finally being in a KH game?
Statler: That I can't wait to finally be out of it!
Both: OH HOHOHOHO!

Last edited:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
i don't even know if they will be willing to market KH4 and rebirth together, which means we'll get kh4 re-reveal mid 2024 which will also start the marketing cycle.
I’m still kind of surprised Rebirth is happening before KH4. FF7R was released a full year+ after KH3, and they’re doing something very similar there: building on the foundations of the previous game. I get that game dev is weird and unpredictable but… what gives?

the red monster

Awards
I’m still kind of surprised Rebirth is happening before KH4. FF7R was released a full year+ after KH3, and they’re doing something very similar there: building on the foundations of the previous game. I get that game dev is weird and unpredictable but… what gives?
because they have more assets ready. KH4 is throwing away almost everything they built for KH3 from the look of it. and also they have to get approvals from disney and stuff which also takes time.
the 7R upgrade for ps5 means they have tons of stuff ready and they just need to build on it instead of starting from zero. it saves them huge amount of time which is why they already started talking about part 3 development starting soon.

KH4 is the harder game to make here because almost everything gonna be brand new unlike other sequels. that's the cost of starting a new saga.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Miss Piggy should totally ask whether Unreal Engine makes her look fat.

Side note: does Disney own all Jim Henson related franchises? I wanna see a Labyrinth world

Last edited:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
because they have more assets ready. KH4 is throwing away almost everything they built for KH3 from the look of it. and also they have to get approvals from disney and stuff which also takes time.
the 7R upgrade for ps5 means they have tons of stuff ready and they just need to build on it instead of starting from zero. it saves them huge amount of time which is why they already started talking about part 3 development starting soon.

KH4 is the harder game to make here because almost everything gonna be brand new unlike other sequels. that's the cost of starting a new saga.
Good points. I can’t help but feel it’s a bit of a shame they didn’t just continue running with everything they’d built for KH3/ReMind, having put so many years into it. But yeah, seems they are going for that “fresh start,” and I guess that’s been Nomura’s explicit intent for years. Here’s to hoping whatever they land on for KH4 can carry the series for at least a good couple titles.

Sonofjafar

Awards
i was just watching ther game awards and apparently the muppets being there was completely pointles. animal just showed up for the best music award for no reason and kingdom hearts will most likely not be mentioned

JJ1020

Awards
Not terribly surprising that KH4 wasn't at the show tonight. Square Enix is releasing Final Fantasy 16 next year and that's what they're going to promote.

My guess is we might start seeing some trailers and news for KH4 at E3 this year.

Last edited:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thought it was a great event. Lots of cool stuff. FFXVI looks absolutely cracked.

Played like 30 min of the Forspoken demo. Game’s actually super fun and feels really good. As always I’m still very skeptical of its world and story, and unfortunately nothing I’ve seen yet has assuaged those concerns.

Who knows when we’ll see KH4 next. Kinda doubt Jump Festa. I’m gonna guess we’ll see something March/April around the anniversary, otherwise post-FFXVI release.

the red monster

Awards
FF XVI looks amazing as usual. the trailer was insane and my favorite one yet. gonna pre-order soon.
easily the best TGA in recent years, if not the best one to date.

Back