• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Power Rangers Battle for the Grid, April 2019 (PS4/XB1/Steam/Switch)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well they're also characters from the tv series...

Tanya=Power Rangers Zeo
Andros=Power Rangers in Space
Heckyl=Dino Charge (though his ranger form was sentai only)
Cam=Ninja Storm

I mean they only two of those I watched were the first 2 and it was like 15 years ago lol. I think I remember Tanya now, but she is the only one still.

But yea, I am literally reading the comics right now so hopefully soon I will know who they all are in that context at least.

I low-key want to go back and watch some seasons I never watched but I dunno how many are good without nostalgia?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
XBox achievements list is out.
Yeah...Switch version it is. That list is nonsense.

I low-key want to go back and watch some seasons I never watched but I dunno how many are good without nostalgia?

The commonly recommended ones are:

-In Space
The grand conclusion of the 1st 6 years of the show & the season that saved the show from cancellation simply by being that damn good. Featured a shift to more serious & serial story telling & character arcs. Has an evil ranger arc that's up there with the original green ranger saga in popularity. & the season finale was a pseudo series finale with multiple returning characters from the prior 5 seasons. Also, the Ninja Turtles guest starred in an episode & it's 1 of the weaker episodes of the season oddly enough.

-Time Force
Surprisingly little time travel all things considered (you will be bemused by how they try to hide that in the opening credits during the 2nd half of the season). What we get is a tale of defying one's fate & creating your own future. Prejudice/bigotry is also a surprisingly recurring theme with a main villain who's rather Magneto-like in his motives. For the 1st time there's a significant paramilitary force who are also combating the bad guys besides the rangers which was certainly a unique sight at the time. Has a rather star-studded cast by PR standards. The main villain also played the bad guy in Commando & Mad Max 2 while the 6th ranger is Nero from the DMC games & the blue ranger replaced Dwayne Johnson in direct-to-video Scorpion King sequel!

-RPM
IMO the greatest overall PR season, or at least the 1st 18 episodes anyway. The 1st season to be in a wholly independent continuity from the rest of the series (making it easier to jump into). Basically 1 half Mad Max/1 half the bad future of the Terminator film. A computer virus has created a robot army & wiped out like 99% of humanity & what's left of the human race are holed up in a domed city that the season's rangers must protect at all costs. So right off the bat it's already the darkest, most serious season in the series. & yet it's also 1 of the funniest & goofiest at the same time. The writing is masterful at balancing the humor & drama often from 1 scene to the next. It's also a great season to REwatch, as there's so much foreshadowing going on in the earlier episodes for events that happen later on.

Also pretty good seasons:

-Lost Galaxy
The direct follow up to In-Space, Saban canned a 2nd season of Mystic Knights in order to fund all of the effects & sets it required & even then still had some questionable prop recycling (*coughstarshiptrooperscough*). The story definitely had a "making it up as they go" vibe (The titular Lost Galaxy being relegated to a late sub-plot being the big offense) but still pays off in the end. The final bad guy of the season is unusual for PR, getting a substantial amount of character growth without turning good in the end.

-Wild Force but just the team-up episodes
The rest of the season sucked but man were the Time Force team-up & 10th anniversary special worth it!

-Ninja Storm
The "stoner" season. The other seasons here I recommend because they are serious sagas with strong character development. Ninja Storm isn't that, at all. It prides itself in being comical to the point of self-parody. But honestly it's good to see PR take the piss out of their own silly tropes sometimes. Ninja Storm is the season that there to have fun & hang loose.

-Dino Thunder
The original MMPR Green Ranger mentors a new generation of rangers. The main villain is 1 of the best ever, legitimately scary & sinister instead of the typical bombastic kids show baddie type.

-SPD
Personally I'm not in love with SPD but there are others who do so your mileage may vary. The blue ranger has a great arc at least.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So, this is getting released in 4 days apparently lol. Thats a choice I guess.

XBox achievements list is out.
Yeah...Switch version it is. That list is nonsense.

The commonly recommended ones are:

-In Space
The grand conclusion of the 1st 6 years of the show & the season that saved the show from cancellation simply by being that damn good. Featured a shift to more serious & serial story telling & character arcs. Has an evil ranger arc that's up there with the original green ranger saga in popularity. & the season finale was a pseudo series finale with multiple returning characters from the prior 5 seasons. Also, the Ninja Turtles guest starred in an episode & it's 1 of the weaker episodes of the season oddly enough.

-Time Force
Surprisingly little time travel all things considered (you will be bemused by how they try to hide that in the opening credits during the 2nd half of the season). What we get is a tale of defying one's fate & creating your own future. Prejudice/bigotry is also a surprisingly recurring theme with a main villain who's rather Magneto-like in his motives. For the 1st time there's a significant paramilitary force who are also combating the bad guys besides the rangers which was certainly a unique sight at the time. Has a rather star-studded cast by PR standards. The main villain also played the bad guy in Commando & Mad Max 2 while the 6th ranger is Nero from the DMC games & the blue ranger replaced Dwayne Johnson in direct-to-video Scorpion King sequel!

-RPM
IMO the greatest overall PR season, or at least the 1st 18 episodes anyway. The 1st season to be in a wholly independent continuity from the rest of the series (making it easier to jump into). Basically 1 half Mad Max/1 half the bad future of the Terminator film. A computer virus has created a robot army & wiped out like 99% of humanity & what's left of the human race are holed up in a domed city that the season's rangers must protect at all costs. So right off the bat it's already the darkest, most serious season in the series. & yet it's also 1 of the funniest & goofiest at the same time. The writing is masterful at balancing the humor & drama often from 1 scene to the next. It's also a great season to REwatch, as there's so much foreshadowing going on in the earlier episodes for events that happen later on.

Also pretty good seasons:

-Lost Galaxy
The direct follow up to In-Space, Saban canned a 2nd season of Mystic Knights in order to fund all of the effects & sets it required & even then still had some questionable prop recycling (*coughstarshiptrooperscough*). The story definitely had a "making it up as they go" vibe (The titular Lost Galaxy being relegated to a late sub-plot being the big offense) but still pays off in the end. The final bad guy of the season is unusual for PR, getting a substantial amount of character growth without turning good in the end.

-Wild Force but just the team-up episodes
The rest of the season sucked but man were the Time Force team-up & 10th anniversary special worth it!

-Ninja Storm
The "stoner" season. The other seasons here I recommend because they are serious sagas with strong character development. Ninja Storm isn't that, at all. It prides itself in being comical to the point of self-parody. But honestly it's good to see PR take the piss out of their own silly tropes sometimes. Ninja Storm is the season that there to have fun & hang loose.

-Dino Thunder
The original MMPR Green Ranger mentors a new generation of rangers. The main villain is 1 of the best ever, legitimately scary & sinister instead of the typical bombastic kids show baddie type.

-SPD
Personally I'm not in love with SPD but there are others who do so your mileage may vary. The blue ranger has a great arc at least.

Thanks for the list! I will be sure to check them out when I have time ha.

SPD is my favorite so I have watched that one, and more importantly rewatched it like 2 years ago so its still relatively fresh. I caught some of Dino Thunder during the Disney XD era as well but I think I missed episodes in between. I know I have seen the SPD and Dino Thunder crossover, at least so I am familiar with them.

Do you think the Switch version will have a good base of players? I know stuff like Dragon Ball Fighterz doesn't, but it also got released way later for that. I guess I need to decide what version to get like today cuz I want to pre-order for the skins and stuff.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Do you think the Switch version will have a good base of players? I know stuff like Dragon Ball Fighterz doesn't, but it also got released way later for that. I guess I need to decide what version to get like today cuz I want to pre-order for the skins and stuff.
It's cross-platform with XB1 & PC. That should be substantial sized pool of players.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's cross-platform with XB1 & PC. That should be substantial sized pool of players.
Right, I forgot that when I posted this but was reminded later lol. I was dumb and got it on PS4 tho and didn't know that it came out a week later so I still have 2 days left waiting while a ton of other people have gotten to play all week lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
D3P9E_mUcAEJmYb.jpg

Oh boy, Billy is my favorite ranger! How awesome is that he gets adde-wait, "Cenozoic"? OH MY GOD, THE BLUE RANGER FROM THE PROLOGUE SCENE?! WHY??!?!?!?!?!1questionmark

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
D3P9E_mUcAEJmYb.jpg

Oh boy, Billy is my favorite ranger! How awesome is that he gets adde-wait, "Cenozoic"? OH MY GOD, THE BLUE RANGER FROM THE PROLOGUE SCENE?! WHY??!?!?!?!?!1questionmark

I knoooooow, l really can't fathom why they made it the alien who dies immediately.

I guess the most recent stream confirmed we are getting like actual voice acting/lines added to the game with these 3 as well? I feel like they just released the game a month too early lol. But oh well, at least this is all free. I do think the game needs some more polish. I also have only played online twice and its been horrible lol. But thats partially my fault for not playing as much as I probably could be.

But also I wish it would just match me with people who also don't just play constantly lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Blue didn't even appear on screen at all in the film. His design in the game is based on an action figure.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ok, so it's been a while & the Season 3 characters have just been Announced:

The 3rd one is clearly Scorpina.

for those that missed it, the other season passes were:

Season 1: Jen (Time Force Pink), Trey (Zeo Gold), Lord Zedd (MMPR)
Season 2: Doggie Kruger (SPD Shadow), Eric (Time Force Quantum), Dai Shi (Jungle Fury)+white ranger costume for Tommy+SPD Megazord & stage.

Eric's notable for having his original actor from the show Dan Southworth reprising him, so it's basically Virgil as a power ranger:

EDIT: New Dai Shi skin, Samurai Megazord and revamped Megazord mechanics are also coming in Season 3. Rumor has it that Koda (Dino Charge Blue) is coming in the future.

Last edited:
Back