• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Powerline: Would He Be a Stand Out in Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semihazah

I think that we may run into some problems with this, particularly if we want a full world for A Goofy Movie, since it involves Pete, who, in Kingdom Hearts 3, is still a aligned with Maleficent. Maybe it'll work better for Kingdom Hearts 4, after Pete's inevitable redemption and after several years have passed in-universe.

Sdog

Awards
I love kid!Max but idk…Goofy leaving home for almost two years and leaving his young son at home without knowing if his father would ever come back? At least if it is teen!Max or college!Max, it can be trained that he was old enough to take care of himself but Goofy would never leave his young son behind :c

On that Max and PJ are knight's in training train!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think that we may run into some problems with this, particularly if we want a full world for A Goofy Movie, since it involves Pete, who, in Kingdom Hearts 3, is still a aligned with Maleficent. Maybe it'll work better for Kingdom Hearts 4, after Pete's inevitable redemption and after several years have passed in-universe.

I certainly don't want it to be its own world or be 100% based on the movie.

This is primarily about a summon.

If they made a story based on A Goofy Movie, it should only resemble the film as far as the characters and general idea behind it and not the actual plot and setting. It should fit with Disney Castle, for example Max being in training to be a Court Guard or Knight and having issues with his dad (either thinking he is a goof who ruins everything and doesn't get how his dad is considered a hero and ever became Captain, or have a problem with his dad being gone for almost 2 years or a mix of both)

Pete could have still had a kid back before he was banished so PJ could easily still exist if they want to fit him in.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

a goofy movie storyline wouldn't work, I'd prefer a sidequest incorporated in disney town or such, maybe goofy is estranged from max? AND WHO TF IS HIS MOM THO

Muke

whatever
Awards
Whoa. I never even thought of this. And now... I'm kinda starting to like your thoughts about Powerline being a summon in III. I don't really think it's likely, though.

Make it happen, SE.

Jgray123487

Awards
I think Powerline would be an interesting summon. Have some like PaRappa the Rapper type thing you do which would be funny but awesome with lighting moves and such. Plus the big lady will come out and Zap/explode at the enemy.

KHHacker6595

Great idea, I love the more obscure characters. Even tho I have major problems with Dream Drop Distance, it had one of the most diverse and unique line ups of Disney related content in the series, so I'm hoping that carries over into 3.

All I'm saying tho is if they abandon older Disney films I will be incredibly disappointed. Black Cauldron needs to be in Kingdom Hearts, its perfect for it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Great idea, I love the more obscure characters. Even tho I have major problems with Dream Drop Distance, it had one of the most diverse and unique line ups of Disney related content in the series, so I'm hoping that carries over into 3.

All I'm saying tho is if they abandon older Disney films I will be incredibly disappointed. Black Cauldron needs to be in Kingdom Hearts, its perfect for it.

i agree, disney needs to delve into their older films, especially the 80s-90s range to cater to their primary audience. however, i get this weird feeling that with both new confirmed worlds being from new movies they may be aiming for a younger target crows.

KHHacker6595

i agree, disney needs to delve into their older films, especially the 80s-90s range to cater to their primary audience. however, i get this weird feeling that with both new confirmed worlds being from new movies they may be aiming for a younger target crows.
I was thinking that as well, but two of the worlds from KH1 were also very new at the time. Hercules and Tarzan were relatively new films, especially Tarzan. So far the 3 confirmed worlds for KH3 so far are Tangled and Big Hero 6, I'd say in relation to the first game, the times between the films and games release are pretty accurate. Other than those worlds there's nothing that suggest they're going for a younger audience with this game. I imagine Frozen is probably going to be included, but that's most likely due to massive popularity. Hercules at this point is irrelevant to Disney but yet its one of the most heavily marketed worlds for the game so far. I feel the line up for worlds could easily be diverse without effecting the marketing. You have 3 newer films (Tangled, Big Hero 6, Frozen), 3 classic films (The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron), a couple returning films (Hercules, Winnie The Pooh) and a couple Pixar films (Toy Story, Monster Inc.) and you have a solid lineup that appeals to everybody.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
If they're gonna throw in Powerline they gotta have Max Goof in there too. I've been waiting so long for them to put more of the Goofy Movie and Goof Troop characters in Kingdom Hearts but it never happened. I've had hope for KHIII but I have a bad feeling that he won't show up until after Xehanort Saga has ended and I don't know if I'll be sticking around for this series.

redcrown

Awards
and I don't know if I'll be sticking around for this series.

I don't get this sentiment I see all the time here. Why are some people planning to drop out of the series after KH3, if they've stuck with it for this long?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Because they have invested a lot of time and energy into the series and have grown disillusioned with where it all goes but since KH3 is the end of a saga it will likely provide them enough closure to deem it worthy to leave the series on that note.

redcrown

Awards
Because they have invested a lot of time and energy into the series and have grown disillusioned with where it all goes but since KH3 is the end of a saga it will likely provide them enough closure to deem it worthy to leave the series on that note.

If people are that disillusioned then why would they want closure at all? If they have such low expectations then how can they expect KH3 to give them proper closure?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
After investing like ten years of your life into something, you tend to want to end it on an actual ending and not mid-sentence, regardless of how disillusioned you are. But you should ask them. I'm not really one of them exactly.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Max inexplicably appears in the final battle. "Dad, do the perfect cast!"
Goofy straight up knocks it out of the park, winning Xehanort over. "A marvelous display. I'm really impressed."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Max inexplicably appears in the final battle. "Dad, do the perfect cast!"
Goofy straight up knocks it out of the park, winning Xehanort over. "A marvelous display. I'm really impressed."

i don't trust that. he has to be a darkness, its the only option.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If people are that disillusioned then why would they want closure at all? If they have such low expectations then how can they expect KH3 to give them proper closure?

It's due to having put the time into the series that makes people want to complete it. KH3 is the end of a saga so people can exit the series without having to think about what happens next because (we hope) all of the answers they had will be answered.

Some people don't like to cling to the past, and for many Kingdom Hearts is something they once loved in the past but now don't feel the same level of passion as they once did. By playing KH3, they can have closure and essentially put a close to a chapter in their lives.

I used to feel this way, but now it is more a matter of me wanting to become a more casual fan after the saga is over rather than being on the forums seeing all of the new information as it comes and theorizing. It's fun to imagine the possibilities, but it isn't fun when you have made a bunch of guesses and then go into a KH game essentially with the entire plot deconstructed and analyzed and are only waiting for your theories to be proven right or wrong.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the fandom has changed ethy. she went in a fan, and when she came out she wasn't a child anymore.

xdrake24

Growing up I loved the goofy movie! I always wanted to see it in KH as a way to touch on goofys personal life (we have Donald and Daisy so why not goofy?) Max is around soras age as well I think. Only Problem is it would be coming literally out of nowhere, which could be done right if they use some kindof gag (like Solid Snakes 'you never asked' response)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back