• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pre-release rituals

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

doortolight

Awards
Kingdom hearts 3 is gona be a big deal to alot, so I was wondering if any one planned on doing anything special to comemorate the occossion? personally I plan on playing all the gaes in story order prior to 3's release date, with the twist of watching the associated movie of each world at the end of each world

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Re: pre release rituals

That minus the movies has always been my ritual. Watching the movies does sound like a good idea. I think I'll try it this time around.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: pre release rituals

When a new KH game is set to come out I play through the older ones I have to get set and refresh my memory for the latest game.

BEASTENDER

When I play KH, I play on normal. I plan to beat KH2, BBS, and dream drop distance on critical before I play 3. I started DDD first, but I haven't picked it up for a while. Last I remember though, I struggled a bit. I'm a hands on kind of wielder (Keyblade attacks, close-mid range deck commands). It almost seems like suicide trying to use up close and personal attacks on critical.

But yea, I want to feel like a KH master by the time 3 is released. The thing is, I believe popping in KH2 will prove to be much more satisfying and enjoyable. I still feel I can use my preferred play style in that one instead of constantly running away and using ranged attacks. I hope KH3 is similar in nature as well.

Oh, I may watch Gametrailer's Kingdom Hearts Timeline one last time before release too. I just remembered, one HUGE thing I always do is stop visiting this site!! About 3 or 4 months before release, this site is flooded with spoilers and information I'd rather learn about myself playing the game for the first time (For instance, I don't want to know all of the new worlds before I get to play). Spoilers are by far my biggest pet peeve, and if anyone spoils this game after so many years of patiently waiting..ugh...This is also why I hope for a simultaneous release. If it comes out in Japan first (Which will probably happen), you can just type in "Kingdom Hearts" and you will be spoiled without question, even if the video is totally unrelated. I remember being on a video about Naruto when BBS was out in Japan, and here they were talking about BBS spoilers in the comments!! :mad:. I stop looking up all things KH because youtube will attempt to recommend KH videos, and most people put spoilers in their Title or thumbnail. So that's definitely my ritual/tradition, dodging as many spoilers as I can.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
My friend and I want to play the non-DS games together, in chronological order, once 2.5 comes out, Proud Mode, but we're not sure if we'll fit it in because we're lazy about hanging out, heh. I personally am playing the games in release order, Standard Mode, though I might play 358/2 while I wait for 2.5.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'll probably re-play KH and KH2, watch the films for Coded and Days, and watch the scenes of re:CoM, BbS and 3D via their menu. I know I won't enjoy re-playing handhelds. I might consider playing BbS and re:CoM in the ReMIXs, but I doubt it.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I always play all the games in chronological order right before a new release but I've been thinking about watching the Disney movies this time around as well.
I'll probably end up not doing that though but I will try to have a huge Disney marathon in the neat future so that will have to make up for it. Watching the movies later might just pull me out from the experience anyway.

Rael_Oblivion

I didn't have a pre-release ritual for the handheld games, but I did play through KH and CoM before 2 came out. So I'm planning on playing all the games I have in chronological order for 3 as well. Although with how many games there are now and my completionist playing style, I'd better start soon if I want to finish before the release date, even if it is 2016 or 2017. xD

Alpha Sonix

Playing the games in release order, yes, because if I were to play them in chronological order I don't think I would enjoy certain aspects of the series as much. It's much more interesting to see not just the change in the direction of story but also how the gameplay has evolved over the games. I'll even play Days on beginner mode just to save myself from that repetitive crap.

Also probably gonna do a marathon of watching Disney movies that have been in the series though that might annoy me as well considering I have a problem with the way some of these movies are treated in this series, but that's another thing entirely.

Axel92

Awards
I really want to play DDD. I've already played the final mixes (thanks Swap Magic) but i cannot manage to bought a 3ds, although i have got the ddd cartridge.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'll probably just rewatch everything on Youtube, instead of playing through them again. And read through the wiki and TVTropes, all the interviews and the encyclopedia Anagram made.

axel95

Awards
For KH3 I will play through all of the games, but I haven't decided which order. I usually play through the series in story order, so I might play it in release order because it's the end of the saga. Also, after the Japanese version comes out, I will vanish from this site until I've beaten the English version to avoid spoilers. That usually fails though, this site is too irresistible!

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I would read the wikia and watch all the cutscnes of my KH games that are still in commission. Then I'd go through as many forum threads as possible so I can once more get the feel and mindset of a KH fan(so I could better critique the game). Also so I could brush up on some fan theories and speculations(and wants). Then I'd probably go through fanfiction.net and read fanfiction so I could remember the significant events, and get the feels of the fans. Then I'd probablay read tvtropes, too.

Then again, seeing as this is KHIII, very likely the biggest game of the series, I'm considering playing all the games again in order of release dates. But I don't know how to do that when KHII hasn't been working on my PS2, and I'm not even sure if I'm willing to play Days or Re:Coded all over again.

kmorris2609

I think I will rewatch the Kingdom Hearts Timeline video, replay all of the previous games, and read all of the Kingdom Hearts stuff that I can, possibly even the Manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back