• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Problem with my dog.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Ok so, I think my dog has a rash. He rubs the area right above his tail absolutely everywhere and he whines and it really bothers me :/

And then when I scratch him right there he starts biting his paw vigorously.

Is there anything I can do for him? Is it just seasonal allergies? He's a beagle by the way about 2 years old. He had this last year and he scratched all his hair off and it looked like an M. And my dad said it might be mosquito bites.

Gram

Banned
Awards
he could have fleas or a rash, maybe the squitos...try taking him to a vet or something.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Yeah I doubt it's mange. I think it's a yearly thing for him. We got him last year in August and he started scratching his butt everywhere, but around November he stopped. So it might be seasonal I guess.

Gram

Banned
Awards
ive never heard of that b4, mabye theres some bug giving him/her hell during august.
tho if you say it'll stop then i wouldnt worry to much.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
My dog's allergic to grass and he's always scratching himself, which then gives him 'bald' stops.
I don't know why your dog would bite it's paw though when you scratch him.
Just bring him/her to the vet. =\

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Haha yeah Anagram, you are, and luap911 I plan to. Oh yeah!! My dog's allergic to corn! That's prolly why he's rubbing his butt everywhere.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
No he lived in Virginia, so I guess there was an excess amount of corn maybe? I know his previous owners tortured him, you can tell when you play with him.

Gram

Banned
Awards
No he lived in Virginia, so I guess there was an excess amount of corn maybe? I know his previous owners tortured him, you can tell when you play with him.

0.0 oh.....well now i feel like a mean person -3-

afrobutt

Silver Member
my mutt has the same issue, it's a seasonal thing. he loses the hair around his ass whenever the temperature rises. don't sweat it

as for him biting his leg, you know dogs shake one of their hind legs when you scratch them. his legs are also probably being irritated by the heat, so they itch when he shakes his leg. again, don't stress out it's nothing

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Him biting his paw when you scratch him doesn't sound right. Shaking is one thing, but biting is another. Definitely take him to a vet and tell them what's going on. There's a chance that could be a sign of a neurological disorder.

Kitty Cat

Could be the food alergy like you said, try and stop him from eating corn and see if that helps. My dog has allergies to certain kinds of foods, but they don't have the same effects.

It could also be seasonal if you said it happened around the same time last year.

I would take him to the vet just to be sure.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I would do that, but my stupid sister doesn't pay attention to that and she gives him Fritos. And the Grim Reaper sometimes he'll shake his leg back and forth, but mostly just bites his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back